NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Colorsism said:

Via Chris Paul from his snapchat. Another look at the Rockets uniforms confirming all the leaks we've seen. 

DG2WEQ0VwAALSVd.jpg

Hopefully only placeholders for a season before the much-needed, overdue rebrand. I don't think any other NBA team inspires more creative concepts compared to what they actually wear than the Rockets.

You can get some brief glimpses at a few of the unreleased uniforms, including the new Clippers white uniform, in this video for NBA Live 18:

It's a pretty low quality video, but I did my best to capture a couple of screenshots of the Clippers uniform. The wordmark is staying the same (sans pool noodles, though), and the shorts have a half-blue, half-red butt stripe:

IMG_6804.PNG.ca4dd9156e9dcc0a1cd6179b97fd133d.PNGIMG_6803.PNG.576e95cfca2ccf637a98c5113953fd74.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Can no team match it's wordmark color to the number color? I'm sorry, but I don't see why NBA teams are so reluctant to have those 2 things match. Only teams I can think of of the top of my head are the Celtics, Nets, Bulls, and Sixers. IMO, matching the numbers to wordmark color looks so much better on NBA jerseys than mismatched ones. 

If the colors are complimentary or don't clash, I think its a great look.  The problem is, too many  teams force it with poor contrasting colors.

13 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

You can get some brief glimpses at a few of the unreleased uniforms, including the new Clippers white uniform, in this video for NBA Live 18:

It also appears that the Raptors are going with Black numbers on the away uniforms rather than White ? 

4kv29i.jpg

12 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

At first I was a little disappointed they didn't make it Bucks colors. But the more I look at it, I actually really like how the orange fits with the green and cream colors.

It's refreshing to see teams go with local brands that have some history. Cleveland (Goodyear), Milwaukee (HD), Orlando (Disney), Boston (GE), etc.

Rockets look is much cleaner and less dated, but they still messed up by not making regular versions based on last year's black alt, which ruled. Too bad. 

Bucks officially have way too many colors on their uniform. Harley is an interesting choice, demographically.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I'll wait to see real pictures of the Clippers' uniforms instead of blurry NBA Live screenshots before I judge, but so far, it's not what I was expecting based on the teaser graphics. I was thinking they'd go with a vintage look, but it seems they're sticking with a more modern approach.

I will say this: I don't think the "butt stripe" is as egregious as the Suns' or Mavs', because it doesn't wrap all the way around the back of the shorts and there seems to be some actual design intent. The two-tone design is kind of cool, actually, and they found a way to do it without ripping off the Pistons.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

It's a pretty low quality video, but I did my best to capture a couple of screenshots of the Clippers uniform. The wordmark is staying the same (sans pool noodles, though), and the shorts have a half-blue, half-red butt stripe:

IMG_6804.PNG.ca4dd9156e9dcc0a1cd6179b97fd133d.PNGIMG_6803.PNG.576e95cfca2ccf637a98c5113953fd74.PNG

Another look at the new T-Wolves in there too.

They could easily make the slimmer chest stripe green and they'd be substantially more rockin' if still kind of underwhelming. 

32 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

At first I was a little disappointed they didn't make it Bucks colors. But the more I look at it, I actually really like how the orange fits with the green and cream colors.

It's refreshing to see teams go with local brands that have some history. Cleveland (Goodyear), Milwaukee (HD), Orlando (Disney), Boston (GE), etc.

Not a fan of the ads but I agree, this looks better than expected.

Archived