NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

The volt isn't a bad colour in small doses, but that home jersey is terrible. If they flipped it so it was red numbers with volt outlines, it'd look miles better. 

As for the Wolves, I feel they need to keep the sublimation to the trim/collars if they do use it. The colours don't bug me, as the new shades give me a Sounders vibe & I love the Sounders look. I just hope that it works on the basketball court. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Fuhrms said:

From Pistons' Snapchat today. Ben Wallace touring Little Caesars Arena. Notice the names of Piston champions ringing the new logo, along with the retired numbers.

Beautiful.

IMG_0531.PNG

Man, I never thought I could be physcially attracted to a wall.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

20 hours ago, Fuhrms said:

From Pistons' Snapchat today. Ben Wallace touring Little Caesars Arena. Notice the names of Piston champions ringing the new logo, along with the retired numbers.

Beautiful.

IMG_0531.PNG

I'm hoping they officially go with something like this and start fresh at the LCA. I know it's basically just a rehash/modernization/blend of a couple of looks, but it's clean. They also need to start a new era. The past few years (this season especially) have been complete disasters and void of any identity whatsoever.  

sig.png

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:22 PM, panthers_2012 said:

For me

1. Way too crowed, the wolf shouldn't hide in the background

2. The green stands out way too much, green needs to be used as an outline

3. The wolf needs work. I'm not a big fan of half grey, half black and it looks weird. 

4. It's very cartoon-ish. Their secondary logo, the wolf howling, is far superior to this logo. 

Those are my problems with it. Anything else?? 

zq8qkfni1g087f4245egc32po.gif

By "actual wolf" logo I mean the "actual wolf," which is what they actually use for most applications.  I wasn't talking about their primary. 

2 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I'm hoping they officially go with something like this and start fresh at the LCA. I know it's basically just a rehash/modernization/blend of a couple of looks, but it's clean. They also need to start a new era. The past few years (this season especially) have been complete disasters and void of any identity whatsoever.  

Agreed. And I'm taking the above picture as confirmation of them doing exactly that.

15 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I like where this is going...

16 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Wizards announce that they will be wearing the "Stars and Stripes" jerseys for every playoff home game. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/WashWizards/status/846808675633238016

Those uniforms are up there with there with the NETS charcoal alt uniform. Hopefully Nike uses this template full time for next year. Especially a road version

shado_logo.gif

2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Those uniforms are up there with there with the NETS charcoal alt uniform. Hopefully Nike uses this template full time for next year. Especially a road version

Unfortunately there is the 5 year waiting period so it would have to be in 2022.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Unfortunately there is the 5 year waiting period so it would have to be in 2022.

Pretty sure the 5 year rule goes out the window during a manufacturer change, and I'm not sure that rule applies to the NBA.  The Clippers are getting new unis next year.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, hawk36 said:

But, what would the 5 year waiting period be from? And, for what? If you're talking about changing primary jerseys then they'd be open to change now (since they changed in 2012). But, that's assuming there is a 5 year waiting period in the NBA. Which, I don't think there is? Especially considering each team has a billion alternate jerseys.

But, I agree with @Shadojoker the template should be their primaries. I love the modern history twist of them. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, sayahh said:

I think hawk36 is thinking about the two-year rule.

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/Hornets_Insider_Five_Things_t-301291-2057.html

Even the two-year wait rule on alternates has been eliminated.  The Clippers, Bucks, Kings and Jazz had alternates from day one of recent re-brands.

14 minutes ago, juggoo said:

Sneek-peak on the new Clippers identity from Rare Design's video on the Minnesota Timberwolves' Facebook page? Or just some logo brainstorming?

RareClips.thumb.png.a857b4e38592b1e5089dc37230c421ab.png

Hmmm, that's interesting. It looks like there are several different logos there and they don't really seem to have any cohesiveness so I would guess it's just brainstorming. But you never know, some of that material could be close to what we end up seeing. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, labc93 said:

So I've noticed the Warriors and other teams have began to phase in the Nike logos on the basketball hoops. 

IMG_0403.JPG

Those might be arena-or-team specific Nike ads.  Kinda like how different beer is served at arenas even if one beer company is the official sponsor.

Archived