Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

41 minutes ago, Bobster said:

I'm just going to comment on the local team - I realize why they left out Charles Barkley, but to include Leandro Barbosa, Goran Dragic and Cedric Ceballos over Dick Van Arsdale, Alvan Adams and Walter Davis for the Suns is asinine.

They don't have the rights to those players either. They've never  been in 2K. They can't just put in guys without permission

14 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here's one of the Warriors' versions of the new Nike workout shirts:

IMG_6966.PNG.b956793739915aad81319510e4d7f4cd.PNG

And also a look at the new practice/workout shorts template here:

IMG_6955.thumb.PNG.be4abf543512a99ce1b37baf7bec98ea.PNG

With the bottom picture we have a potential future nominee for "players in the wrong uniform" ?

How is Reggie Miller not on the Pacers? 

24 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

How is Reggie Miller not on the Pacers? 

Licensing issue since retired players need to be reached and approve of their name and likeness to be used. Miller and Barkley both did not want in. 

On 8/25/2017 at 4:38 PM, Zilla2K said:

AG is only there because 2K couldn't get rights to guys like Hedo or Rashard. That starting 5 is ridiculously insane 

Couldn't get the rights to Hedo Turkoglu. What's he doing, holding out for a Shaq-Fu reboot?

On 8/26/2017 at 9:20 AM, Zilla2K said:

They don't have the rights to those players either. They've never  been in 2K. They can't just put in guys without permission

They're on the mynba2k app, at least Adams - so I doubt their likeness is a big problem.

Similarly, Rick Carlisle has always been missing from the '86 Celtics, but he's in as a coach. I guess coaches association rights might not be good enough, but I've got to think there's an effort issue involved here.

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

Couldn't get the rights to Hedo Turkoglu. What's he doing, holding out for a Shaq-Fu reboot?

Some dudes want big money. Some dudes don't care about video games.

Some dudes wanna get f-cked all night, I don't have that much jam

Those are the RWTW streetwear branded version of those shorts, so I don't think they indicate anything about the Cavs' uniform plans.

https://rwtw.com/collections/rwtw-x-xhibition-capsule/products/rwtw-x-xhibition-shorts

2 hours ago, JerseyJosh said:

Wait I thought there was only community and classic to round it out. Now an athletes mindset?

interesting

The community and athlete's mindset uniforms are the two alternates that all 30 teams will have, whereas the classic edition is the throwback that only eight teams will have this season. We've known about this since Nike's initial press release on the new uniforms back in mid July.

9 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Strap back in y'all:

So teams are going to have three uniforms to start the season, then add a fourth mid-season? (not counting classic edition)

We still getting Christmas jerseys too?

33 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

So teams are going to have three uniforms to start the season, then add a fourth mid-season? (not counting classic edition)

We still getting Christmas jerseys too?

Christmas uniforms are usually leaked earlier in the year but since we're switching over to Nike it's possible that Nike are still in the process of creating & finalizing other uniform designs (Christmas,All-Star,Chinese New Year,Noche Latina..etc).

So we will have to wait and see if these fall under that category.

You can bet that Nike is gonna roll out some ridiculous Christmas uniforms. Probably some insane neon green and chrome red that supposedly "evokes the spirit of Santa Claus and the Elves hard work at the North Pole."

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

You can bet that Nike is gonna roll out some ridiculous Christmas uniforms. Probably some insane neon green and chrome red that supposedly "evokes the spirit of Santa Claus and the Elves hard work at the North Pole."

"The main color of the Bulls Christmas jersey is fire engine red, which evokes the nostalgia of the color the elves painted the Radio Flyer wagon you found under the tree on Christmas morning as a bright eyed youth. With this jersey you can be assured that your favorite NBA stars, just like Santa's elves, go hard in the mother:censored:ing paint." 

5 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

"The main color of the Bulls Christmas jersey is fire engine red, which evokes the nostalgia of the color the elves painted the Radio Flyer wagon you found under the tree on Christmas morning as a bright eyed youth. With this jersey you can be assured that your favorite NBA stars, just like Santa's elves, go hard in the mother:censored:ing paint." 

Pacers Christmas Uniform description:

"A Christmas Story is our favorite holiday movie here at Nike, so here's a jersey with Ralphie on the Pacers logo."

rxbcwFW.png