NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes sense that they'd throw back to the 1971 championship uniforms, but I still wish they'd gone with the Irish rainbows instead. Still a pretty great look, although the swoosh and sponsor logo just look so wrong on the throwbacks.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

20 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Makes sense that they'd throw back to the 1971 championship uniforms, but I still wish they'd gone with the Irish rainbows instead. Still a pretty great look, although the swoosh and sponsor logo just look so wrong on the throwbacks.

Yeah...I want the triple green Irish rainbows back so bad.  It still seems weird that they've never thrown back to the '80s...it's not like they were horrible during that time.  I believe they were over .500 every year of that decade and over 50 wins for most of those years.

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

classic_1.jpg?itok=qhExXx8T

Man that Nike and Harley-Davidson patch just make this uniform POP! It really adds a lot to the overall design. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

22 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I for one am underwhelmed by the Bucks' throwback. They already threw back to this exact look a few years ago:

28Ot0j0.jpg

I'm fine with this, especially considering they are throwing back to their inaugural jerseys and are celebrating their 50th anniversary. It makes sense. I am sure down the road we'll all finally get the Irish Rainbow jerseys.

We're probably going to hear the same complaints about the Suns' throwback this year as well. Sure, there are "BETTER" options, but it's an anniversary year. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

More images:

IMG_7012.JPG.2c1912bfadb36b43eea991e9032ebcc2.JPG

Looks like the throwbacks aren't even immune to the waistband patch.

NBA logo given a treatment for all throwbacks?

8 minutes ago, sayahh said:

NBA logo given a treatment for all throwbacks?

Yeah I think the Hardwood Classics logo was used on all throwbacks during the adidas years, too.  I know they used it on the Swingman throwbacks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Missed opportunity. If they are going to force ads onto throwbacks, they should use older or retro looking logos.

Uni Watch had a blurb today about how the modern Harley-Davidson logo is unchanged since the era of this jersey, so it's technically accurate.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived