NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

11 hours ago, Sleeper66 said:

I know that set gets a lot of love here, but I became a Pistons fan watching Lanier in the '70s, and I just can't embrace the teal era. "Revulsion" isn't too strong a word when I see those things.

The teal jerseys are an abomination. The Pistons have been using Red White and Blue since they were in Fort Wayne. Just because other teams that have come after the pistons have red white and blue doesn't mean the Pistons need to change.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Are they serious with that baseline font?

It's better than the horrible baseline wordmarks we used to have, complete with stray "pool noodles" on either side that looked like scratches in the paint job.

x1JLQ0Q.jpg

With that said, I miss the blue filled-in half-circles. Now there isn't enough blue on the court.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

From one of the 2K videos, it looks like the Celtics, for the first time in their history, will have their city and team name on the baselines of their court this season:

I can't remember how it was in recent years, but 2K may not have the rights to TD Bank/TD Garden logos.  The Red Auerbach Court logo looks to be missing as well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I can't remember how it was in recent years, but 2K may not have the rights to TD Bank logos.  

Ah yeah, I just checked a gameplay video from 2K17 and it looks like you're right, they had the team name on the baselines in last year's game as well. Seems odd that 2K couldn't secure the rights to the TD Bank logos, but it looks like that's what it is.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Ah yeah, I just checked a gameplay video from 2K17 and it looks like you're right, they had the team name on the baselines in last year's game as well. Seems odd that 2K couldn't secure the rights to the TD Bank logos, but it looks like that's what it is.

Older games had this issue when it was the FleetCenter, too. The baseline in NBA Live '05 had "Boston Celtics" written in the FleetCenter font in the same position.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 minutes ago, LA_Angels said:

Might have already been released, but in case it wasn't i saw the new Lakers throwbacks. Powder Blue jerseys with M.P.L.S in gold.

Screenshot_2017-08-31-16-50-25.png

it certainly could be, but I don't see the Nike logo, so maybe it's just a uniform option in the game?

to be fair, though, in my article, I alluded to them having that uni as a possibility for the Classic. just doesn't seem quite "official" without the Nike logo on the top.

11 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

it certainly could be, but I don't see the Nike logo, so maybe it's just a uniform option in the game?

to be fair, though, in my article, I alluded to them having that uni as a possibility for the Classic. just doesn't seem quite "official" without the Nike logo on the top.

Doesn't seem to have Nike's truncated armhole trim or cut in the shorts either. I'd guess it's just a standard throwback option in the game, though it seems likely that the Lakers' throwback will end up being Nike's interpretation of that uni.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

Doesn't seem to have Nike's truncated armhole trim or cut in the shorts either. I'd guess it's just a standard throwback option in the game, though it seems likely that the Lakers' throwback will be Nike's interpretation of that uni.

Its all true. I guess we will see in time.

SIG.png

4 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Yeah, that's MPLS jerseys that's been in the game for years now, I can tell because it's lacking detail and realistic proportions of the wordmark and numbers. If there's no Nike logo then it's not official.

bSLCtu2.png

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

Older games had this issue when it was the FleetCenter, too. The baseline in NBA Live '05 had "Boston Celtics" written in the FleetCenter font in the same position.

I've always found this weird.  Even to a lesser extent ads in baseball stadiums in games.  How much greed is there if they can't make a mutual agreement for a realistic video game and free advertising within the game?  Part of the stadium naming rights deals ought to allow depiction in game and such. Just like its being broadcast on television.  Same thing with baseball stadium ads.

7 minutes ago, chakfu said:

How much greed is there if they can't make a mutual agreement for a realistic video game and free advertising within the game?

Well, the polynymous arena in question is owned by a real-life Mr. Burns who, while engineering two NHL lockouts, defrauded disadvantaged Boston children by "forgetting" to make contractually obligated donations to the park district for 20 years, so to answer your question, infinite. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived