Jump to content

NBA Changes 2017-18


Conrad.

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, dont care said:

*Unpopular opinion alert*

i liked those gold jerseys. Yes I like the current alts better but I really loved how shiny those jerseys were.

It's not a bad jersey in a vacuum, but it doesn't scream out Washington to me. It would also be better if the shorts matched the jerseys,  i.e., also satin gold. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pepis21 said:

Ok, we've seen TImberwolves primary, but what about Blazers, they'll do a rebrand or not? Any info (except that probably gonna be a roundel, because roundel is a new black)?

They're getting new logos and uniforms as well, but it's not clear when they're going to unveil them. Prior to the season the team's president said they'd be unveiling the logos in the Spring but nothing more has come of that since. And I wouldn't count on them using a roundel since they've already said the new look will be more of a modernization and nothing drastic. Chances are they'll have a new and refined version of the classic pinwheel as the primary logo, and I don't really see them implementing that into a roundel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

They're getting new logos and uniforms as well, but it's not clear when they're going to unveil them. Prior to the season the team's president said they'd be unveiling the logos in the Spring but nothing more has come of that since. And I wouldn't count on them using a roundel since they've already said the new look will be more of a modernization and nothing drastic. Chances are they'll have a new and refined version of the classic pinwheel as the primary logo, and I don't really see them implementing that into a roundel. 

He also talked about the history of their brand, and with the continued use of the 'Rip City' branding as it's own logo the past few years I could totally see Portland using the vintage font as well and taking a somewhat throwback approach to this. Hopefully they eliminate gray. Again to reiterate it's sounds like modernizing the pinwheel and keeping the same concept with tweaks to the unis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm expecting them to use something along the lines of this logo, which they've quietly introduced in marketing and social media materials over the last couple of seasons, as a secondary or tertiary logo to satisfy the league's requirements of having the suggestion of a basketball in at least one of the logos.

IMG_1171.JPG.b6fd3fc866827784af3428bc1e441d78.JPG

That would then free up the primary logo to be somewhat of a cleaned up version of the current pinwheel, and I could see the uniforms following suit or following the direction of their current ripcity uniforms with the striping pattern integrated onto the sides. They've also been using a gray color, similar to what Sacramento is using now, in place of black for a lot of their marketing materials this year, both online and around the city so that could be a little wrinkle to look out for. They also had some new gray practice jerseys for Training Camp before the season, and, based on the cut and the tag on the jerseys, they sure looked to be made by Nike. Generally I wouldn't think anything of it, but it just so happens that they've used that same gray color in many of their marketing materials.

IMG_3459.thumb.JPG.17be7cb64bc9c8321ab7ec4a89189141.JPGIMG_3460.thumb.JPG.ca954516642fb8aa6b0293dfd90d4c0c.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I'm expecting them to use something along the lines of this logo, which they've quietly introduced in marketing and social media materials over the last couple of seasons, as a secondary or tertiary logo to satisfy the league's requirements of having the suggestion of a basketball in at least one of the logos.

IMG_1171.JPG.b6fd3fc866827784af3428bc1e441d78.JPG

That would then free up the primary logo to be somewhat of a cleaned up version of the current pinwheel, and I could see the uniforms following suit or following the direction of their current ripcity uniforms with the striping pattern integrated onto the sides. They've also been using a gray color, similar to what Sacramento is using now, in place of black for a lot of their marketing materials this year, both online and around the city so that could be a little wrinkle to look out for. They also had some new gray practice jerseys for Training Camp before the season, and, based on the cut and the tag on the jerseys, they sure looked to be made by Nike. Generally I wouldn't think anything of it, but it just so happens that they've used that same gray color in many of their marketing materials.

IMG_3459.thumb.JPG.17be7cb64bc9c8321ab7ec4a89189141.JPGIMG_3460.thumb.JPG.ca954516642fb8aa6b0293dfd90d4c0c.JPG

 

Yeah that skinny-shoulder v-neck cut is 99.99% likely a Nike cut.  Good catch.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2017 at 10:30 PM, sayahh said:

 

Because it's an awesome jersey. Which would you rather have?
gallery_061019_hayes.jpg

washington+wizards.jpg

Make the shorts match the jersey and I would take the first option any day of the week. I liked the shiny gold fabric they used, and the design was a better modernization of the old-school Bullets look than what they're wearing now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO the Bullets never had a good look, and the modernization they wear now isn't good either. I dislike the font and I hate the single red chest stripe. Using those alternate uniforms with a different font would be great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, hokupguy said:

has there been any news about Washington doing a name change again? i only ask because of Nike taking over might easier for them and maybe cheaper to do a rebrand.

No, they won't be changing to bullets ever, and won't change from wizards for the foreseeable future

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) is 40-50% off tonight. While this isn't uncommon for the end of the season, with the way that they're selling off authentic-quality jerseys "all must go" level, I'm starting to feel at least new uniforms for the Magic next year, and maybe an entirely new logo set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) is 40-50% off tonight. While this isn't uncommon for the end of the season, with the way that they're selling off authentic-quality jerseys "all must go" level, I'm starting to feel at least new uniforms for the Magic next year, and maybe an entirely new logo set.

Nike takes over next year is why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Magic Dynasty said:

Yes, but I don't see them selling everything just to add a Nike logo, taking off an Adidas logo, and potentially add an ad (I hope not). I smell a rebrand in the air.

They have to get rid of all adidas stock before it becomes dead stock when the Nike deal goes into effect. Same exact thing happened when Nike took over the NFL deal. They weren't even letting stores like Ross and Beale sell old jerseys. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) is 40-50% off tonight. While this isn't uncommon for the end of the season, with the way that they're selling off authentic-quality jerseys "all must go" level, I'm starting to feel at least new uniforms for the Magic next year, and maybe an entirely new logo set.

 

I'd think we would see a different take on the Lakeland Magic if an Orlando rebrand was in the works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.