NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

On 9/1/2017 at 3:52 PM, Conrad. said:

slightly clearer image, showing the collar better and what also looks like a thin, blue stripe on the side:

DIqa7ueUIAAaKc0.jpg

I like the look on a macro level, but the K is too heavy and the O is too close to the K. I can’t tell from the photo, but if the typeface for the OKC is different from the numbers, that seems like a miss. 

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Black Bulls jersey I guess.

I'm not 100% sure on that. Judging by the crowd and the scorebug, it looks like a Pistons home game plus he's wearing a teal shirt underneath. I don't know for sure if the computer would pair a teal shirt with a Bulls fan.

It's certainly possible it's a Bulls jersey, but there's just enough other things going on to make me think otherwise.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I'm not 100% sure on that. Judging by the crowd and the scorebug, it looks like a Pistons home game plus he's wearing a teal shirt underneath. I don't know for sure if the computer would pair a teal shirt with a Bulls fan.

It's certainly possible it's a Bulls jersey, but there's just enough other things going on to make me think otherwise.

So, now we are analyzing a screen shot from a video game like it is the Zapruder film?  Just when I think we can't be any more nerdy.

16 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

That is definitely a Bulls jersey. Nobody wears teal Pistons stuff on the game. The people in the crowd on the 2K games only wear the home, away and alternates and generic shirts/hoodies sometimes bearing the 2K logo or something.

On the subject of 2K, the Thunder have the new Chesapeake Energy logo on their court.

QNKXawE.png

bSLCtu2.png

22 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

So, now we are analyzing a screen shot from a video game like it is the Zapruder film?  Just when I think we can't be any more nerdy.

Wasnt trying to go conspiracy theory here, I was just thought the teal shirt was odd. Sorry for being too "nerdy", I guess.

Carry on, all.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Wasnt trying to go conspiracy theory here, I was just thought the teal shirt was odd. Sorry for being too "nerdy", I guess.

Carry on, all.

It wasn't meant to be an insult.  This is a forum dedicated to the aesthetic of sports logos and uniforms--we're all nerds.

Slightly older news, but in regards to the newly-renamed Capital One Arena in Washington: I'm letdown because in the two years they had a chance to, they never updated the logos to reflect the new Verizon look from late 2015 while it was still the Verizon Center. Instead, they simply left it looking like this:

verizon-center.jpg

Even the on-court logo was still in Microsoft Word fashion:

verizon-center.jpg

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

3 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Slightly older news, but in regards to the newly-renamed Capital One Arena in Washington: I'm letdown because in the two years they had a chance to, they never updated the logos to reflect the new Verizon look from late 2015 while it was still the Verizon Center. Instead, they simply left it looking like this:

verizon-center.jpg

Even the on-court logo was still in Microsoft Word fashion:

verizon-center.jpg

I'm more disappointed that they renamed it the Capital One Arena and not Capital One Centre. #missedopportunity

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Funny that they have the silly college lanes still.  I thought any new court had to get rid of them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/09/06/nike-nba-mindset-and-community-uniforms-update/

@Conrad. just released a nice article on the main site regarding the unreleased jerseys. Some cool concepts for most while other team's continue to drop the ball.

Still no sign of this Utah(Phoenix Suns gradient uniform) whoever supposed to have it. 

It could be the one that's listed there. It mentions the wordmark and numbers are accurate, the rest is a guesstimation.

Also, I might get hate for this but OKC's is my favorite currently on the page

13 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

It could be the one that's listed there. It mentions the wordmark and numbers are accurate, the rest is a guesstimation.

unfortunately, I think the Jazz gradient uni will be separate from this gold one. SLC Dunk reported a couple weeks back that they had inside information of the Jazz having a gold uni AND a gradient uni. i just hope that the gradient uni uses little gold and is vastly different from this gold uni.

Archived