NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

On 9/2/2017 at 4:14 PM, andrewharrington said:

I like the look on a macro level, but the K is too heavy and the O is too close to the K. I can’t tell from the photo, but if the typeface for the OKC is different from the numbers, that seems like a miss. 

Well hey, other than 66.66% of the letters being messed up and the fonts not matching, looks like a winner.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Satomiblood said:

Weird, I thought they added more pinstripes. In Jonathan Isaac's rookie shoot, he was shown wearing a blue Magic uniform in the Nike template. And one of the notable differences was the added pinstripes.

They definitely did add more pinstripes, they just didn't mention it in the release of the uniforms. Compare this (and, to a lesser extent, the mockups posted by the Magic):

IMG_7126.thumb.JPG.a9d2d24a65b508f405c45fd2988c691a.JPG

To this:

IMG_7129.JPG.3d84cfedd1a205215a2fc528eb56bfbd.JPG

Clearly there are more pinstripes on the new Nike versions, they just didn't point it out in the release of the new uniforms.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

53 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

They definitely did add more pinstripes, they just didn't mention it in the release of the uniforms. Compare this (and, to a lesser extent, the mockups posted by the Magic):

To this:

Clearly there are more pinstripes on the new Nike versions, they just didn't point it out in the release of the new uniforms.

Love more pinstripes, gives it more of a Shaq/Penny Era look. Stars on shorts would've made it even better. 

10 minutes ago, SCL said:

Love more pinstripes, gives it more of a Shaq/Penny Era look. Stars on shorts would've made it even better. 

Just a star on the waistband instead of "Magic" would have made it better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

To this:

I see it now. Thanks. It just looked like fewer stripes on the mockups. I think that's what made me curious.

I know that months if not years of planning go into what eventually become the final uniforms, but I'm going to take this opportunity to shamelessly plug my yellow Utah Jazz alternate concept from a couple months ago that apparently is ending up being relatively close to what they'll actually wear:

jA1qDp4.jpg

I haven't been on the boards much lately, and haven't worked on any concepts in what seems like forever, but with more of the alternates being leaked/released/etc. I might have to get back to it.

5 hours ago, Conrad. said:

unfortunately, I think the Jazz gradient uni will be separate from this gold one. SLC Dunk reported a couple weeks back that they had inside information of the Jazz having a gold uni AND a gradient uni. i just hope that the gradient uni uses little gold and is vastly different from this gold uni.

And that's a bummer. It almost sounds like Jazz brass is taking the Gordon Hayward departure to Boston juuust a little too personal to remove a green (a dark green at that!) option from the rotation. ? ?

I have a theory that they went from purple to blue with the J-Note logo so as to not look too much like the Lakers (which is actually a fair point, as most pre-1997 Utah Jazz apparel is dang near identical to the Lakers, save for the logo, being primarily purple and yellow). Of course, this could be easily solved by emphasizing green as the secondary color over yellow with purple being the primary color, but Jazz management has a track record, though good overall, in getting juuust one or two things off in terms of team design.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

55 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

I know that months if not years of planning go into what eventually become the final uniforms, but I'm going to take this opportunity to shamelessly plug my yellow Utah Jazz alternate concept from a couple months ago that apparently is ending up being relatively close to what they'll actually wear:

jA1qDp4.jpg

I haven't been on the boards much lately, and haven't worked on any concepts in what seems like forever, but with more of the alternates being leaked/released/etc. I might have to get back to it.

I love that jersey. Good work sir

1 hour ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

jA1qDp4.jpg

Still like yours better!

7 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

Weird, I thought they added more pinstripes. In Jonathan Isaac's rookie shoot, he was shown wearing a blue Magic uniform in the Nike template. And one of the notable differences was the added pinstripes.

They add 5 more pinstripes to jerseys.

4r2eer.png

I have confirmation that the Raptors 4th jersey this season will say "NORTH" on the front. On top of the word north will be a chevron pointing up or on the sides. I made 2 quick concepts. The colors are not confirmed. Only color confirmed is that it will be on a black template. This template belongs to Conrad Burry

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 9.58.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 9.56.23 PM.png

33 minutes ago, the_Raptors_king said:

I have confirmation that the Raptors 4th jersey this season will say "NORTH" on the front. On top of the word north will be a chevron pointing up or on the sides. I made 2 quick concepts. The colors are not confirmed. Only color confirmed is that it will be on a black template. This template belongs to Conrad Burry

Well your track record has been spot on so we can basically chalk this up as confirmed

They're putting "NORTH" on a jersey?

Ok. That's it. Raptors brand is officially garbage. Used to be we could mock all of those other teams slapping nicknames or air port codes on jerseys. Not anymore. It's done. Good job.

G-d, just rebrand as the Huskies already.

2 hours ago, the_Raptors_king said:

This... is so, so awful. So "North" is now a nickname for Toronto? Really? Will the Warriors get a "Hella" jersey? Maybe the Nuggets can get a "303" jersey.

I normally don't have issues with alternate jerseys, but stuff like this is going too far.

As a Blazers fan, I laugh every time I see any part of the Raptors' "We The North" marketing campaign since Portland is farther north than Toronto. To this day, this tweet is one my favorites that the Blazers' Twitter account has ever put out there:

And Minneapolis is farther north than Toronto as well, so technically the Raptors are the third northernmost team in the league. Now I completely understand that the meaning of the "We The North" slogan is much more than the latitude of the city of Toronto, but on face value that's what it's always seemed like it's in reference to.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived