Conrad.

The Good: Lakers

The Bad: none

The Extremely Fugly as Hell: Everyone Else

Spoiler

nascar-crash-dega-2012-o.gif

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Digby said:

GST.png

I won't complain about anything that kicks the Copperplate GSW look out of the way, but .... where is this typeface coming from? Kind of a weird choice on top of the other, more obviously weird choices.

21 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

This jersey has pretty much the exact same problem the previous alt had. It's completely lacking one of their main colors. This would've been MUCH better off as a gold jersey with blue accents. 

Or, even better, just put Oakland on it. It'd be a decent way to give that city a bit of a shoutout (and Oakland really kinda needs it) before they leave for across the bay. 

20 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

its the city of Oakland logo

and Oakland has been known as "The Town" for a long time since SF is "The City"    The jersey will be a big hit in Oakland. 

My problem with the jersey right now, is I hope the video game messed up. They have just filled in the limbs grey with white outline while Oakland's logo uses 3 lines for the limbs, which looks better. Hoping the real jersey looks more like Conrad's concept.

DJp6ZD-UIAExtch.jpgDJp6ZEDUEAAOTiR.jpgDJslkQYW0AEyTUN.jpg

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Celtics- BFBS in 2017? I thought we were past this

Nets- Not bad,  but the Brooklyn remix grey jersey from this past season was way better

Bulls-Better than the sleeves, worse than the 2008-14 alts with the classic Bulls striping

Cavs- I'd love to hear the reasoning behind that pattern. Bad. Really bad

Nuggets-  The stripes on the skyline is what made the Tetris pattern you dimwits. that was by far the best part of the jersey and you took it out, so now we just get a white splotch and chunky side stripes

Pistons- I don't think the Pistons should have a grey jersey, but the previous one even if it didn't feature team color was a more coherent look. This looks like a reproduction of those grey jerseys they wore in the 80's

Warriors- Again with the BFBS? Ugh. The design is pretty cool, I'll give it that. I'd have put a hint of blue on the actual shirt, maybe the thin collar piping.

Pacers- I like it more than their home & Road. sorry, association & icon

Clippers- Well at least it's slightly better than their previous black jersey. I preferred the way they used the LAC logo on the previous red jersey, this seems too Vertical

Grizzlies-They put the NOB below the number for no good reason. still no inlined numbers

T-Wolves: This is their best jersey since it actually has some green.

Knicks- IDK what the heck were they thinking. Putting a white stroke between the orange and blue and giving it  waistband striping? that's seriously the best you could do? Will the Community just put a blue stroke between orange and white on the blue jerseys?

Thunder- I like the color distribution, heck I'm even okay with the gradient and the board shorts-y feel. But it gets lost in the details, why is the patter only on the back? Why the two different fonts?

Magic- Preferred the white pinstripes and blue side panels to be honest. Not to mention the curved side panels which actually gave some sense to the curved pinstripes...

Sixers- I like the look. Personally would have kept the r/w/b collar on this jersey too.

Suns- Not bad, at least you can see bot purple and orange

Trail blazers- I like the idea of putting the 5 lines on the sash. Feels a bit like the BIG color christmas jerseys

Jazz- A yellow uniform doesn't feel right for the Jazz, but I...actually...like this?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

12 hours ago, CS85 said:

DJsNAeRU8AAXIa9.jpg:large

Good to see they can put a design on the scapula shaped seam. Now why couldn't they make full armhole trim?

is it just so that the new Nike innovation would be more noticeable and something they will 'fix' in 5 years time while adding another extraneous template detail that modifies the design? Seems impossible, I know

07Giants.pngnyy.png

3 hours ago, The Golden One said:

My problem with the jersey right now, is I hope the video game messed up. They have just filled in the limbs grey with white outline while Oakland's logo uses 3 lines for the limbs, which looks better. Hoping the real jersey looks more like Conrad's concept.

You're really gonna jump to that conclusion just based off of blurry screenshots? That seems a bit premature, and frankly I'd expect the tree to have the 3 lines for the limbs, just like in the official City logo.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

24 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

You're really gonna jump to that conclusion just based off of blurry screenshots? That seems a bit premature, and frankly I'd expect the tree to have the 3 lines for the limbs, just like in the official City logo.

I would expect it too, but if you enlarge it. The video game is clearly not like the logo. So that's why I was just saying hope it's wrong

1 hour ago, The Golden One said:

I would expect it too, but if you enlarge it. The video game is clearly not like the logo. So that's why I was just saying hope it's wrong

I don't know, in the 2k screenshots it still looks like it has the three lines to me. I guess we'll see, though.

Edit- It definitely has the lines for the limbs, albeit four instead of three:

IMG_7291.PNG.7cc9882a02dadf6f416ca85113f5c374.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

New alternate court for the Kings:

It'll be used "during games with global themes and when the team suits up in the global uniform." Obviously, their black uniform is what they're referring to as the "global uniform". Also from their press release, "For the team's biggest global celebrations, Bollywood and Lunar New Year theme nights, interchangeable panels featuring a new regional logo - a Kings crown with the team's name in Hindi or Mandarin - will be added to the floor." You can see how those look on the floor if you check their responses to the above tweet. Lastly, their press release also says that they'll have a third court that will correspond with their fourth uniform, and it'll be released together with that uniform.

All those explanations are getting ridiculous. Are we going to a basketball game or the circus. 

3 or 4 different uniforms with silly names, and with courts to match? Nike and the NBA is a joke.

Even if you tried you couldn't make this stuff up.

I see basic design logic has gone out the window for the Magic with their black jersey as blue pinstripes on black is beyond dumb since they just get lost and you can't see them that good, white pinstripes worked alot better.

Also since I'm from Philly, I'm gonna be blunt, the red sixers jersey looks like its for females with that font, also looks like suxers.

5 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I see basic design logic has gone out the window for the Magic with their black jersey as blue pinstripes on black is beyond dumb since they just get lost and you can't see them that good, white pinstripes worked alot better.

Also since I'm from Philly, I'm gonna be blunt, the red sixers jersey looks like its for females with that font, also looks like suxers.

Maybe Philly finally realized who they are and embraced their identity ;)

13 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

@Conrad. Posted this on twitter yesterday but I haven't seen it in this thread yet so... 

If this was their primary it'd be a top 5 uni in the association.

Scared me--for a second I thought it was a sleeved jersey!

30 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

@Conrad. Posted this on twitter yesterday but I haven't seen it in this thread yet so... 

That's because Conrad posted it in the thread that's dedicated to the Suns' new uniforms. No need to discuss it here when we have a thread dedicated to the Suns.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I think the blue pinstripes on the black Orlando jersey is what makes it successful -- mixing those colors is obviously risky but it makes the pinstripes look really subtle and the jersey less busy overall. Also, referring to women as "females" is creepy as hell.

19 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I actually really like the OKC alts for the most part. Still not a fan of abbreviations on basketball uniforms altogether, but the design otherwise really works well to me. It has a good kind of soccer kit vibe to it.

Same! I had this exact thought. One example where the "creativity" of the current era is really successful. Given their history OKC is a team that should always look very modern to me, and this is perhaps their first successful example of that.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

12 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I don't know, in the 2k screenshots it still looks like it has the three lines to me. I guess we'll see, though.

Edit- It definitely has the lines for the limbs, albeit four instead of three:

IMG_7291.PNG.7cc9882a02dadf6f416ca85113f5c374.PNG

Thanks for that..(Happy to be wrong)

Guess only question will be if dumb sponsor patch is red like white jersey or all white like blue jersey.

Archived