NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

Looks ridiculous and dumb at the same time for all those teams that didn't introduce a new design as the Statement uni to introduce one with all the others as a "new" uni, lol.

Of all the new designs, I like the Cavs' the most, quite unexpectedly, even with the stacked logo and number. OKC's is quite interesting also. All the other new ones don't do it for me, especially Orlando's changes to the black uni are silly and unnecessary. The Sixers' script is too subtle to pair with the block number.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On another note, have we talked about the Nike warmup hoodies? Were the players wearing these before the big reveal last night? Nike's site has a big jargon filled press release about them, but no good photos beyond this.

DJ0aarXUMAUlJ4K.jpg

These were worn at the unveiling.  I assume Nike adds the hood to prevent this situation going forward.

kevin-durant-towel-over-head.jpg

9 hours ago, keynote said:

My wife and I were ogling those.  I'm sure they'll be *steep* (e.g., $120+), but they're nice.

I still long for the days of customized team warmups, rather than a league-wide template every year.  But this design (either in the team color or in neutral charcoal) looks nicer to me than the various templates Adidas trotted out.  

The one Hayward is wearing is already available as a standard Nike warmup jacket for $130 so I'm sure the NBA ones will be at least $150.  Oh...and they have no pockets so unfortunately these are a no for me.  It is called the Thermaflex Showtime Hoodie.

18 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Oh...and they have no pockets so unfortunately these are a no for me.

Non NBA version got prockets, so maybe fan version will have them too.

From nike site: "Side zip pockets store your phone and other small items."

On 16.09.2017 at 4:52 PM, MkDon said:

Nah, just generic 2K jerseys.

Ok, thanks. :)

4r2eer.png

Just noticed that Houston's black jersey looks a little different this year -- all-red collar and all-gray arm trim, rather than black with red lines on both of those as it was last year. New look is a downgrade in that department but I suppose brings it more in line with the updated regular set. 

WTTA_TAriza_GH_017_native_1600.jpg?15055

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 9/16/2017 at 10:31 AM, MkDon said:

The new courts in game

Grizzlies without their college lanes
DJ2sCrMX0AIkW-t.jpg:large

While I "know" Memphis is getting a new/refinished court, don't count on this being 100% accurate. I've never seen the wordmarks colored this way on navy blue, only the inverse:

r0rny65hkt8thb8l9p4c9heeh.gif

I wish there were some gold involved in the new/2K court, it is a clean, no-nonsense look.

13 hours ago, Digby said:

Just noticed that Houston's black jersey looks a little different this year -- all-red collar and all-gray arm trim, rather than black with red lines on both of those as it was last year. New look is a downgrade in that department but I suppose brings it more in line with the updated regular set. 

WTTA_TAriza_GH_017_native_1600.jpg?15055

Incredibly boring.

Red and yellow like the flames when a rocket takes off is the way to go!

201571420463975915.jpg

dwight-howard-james-harden-nba-houston-r

On 9/16/2017 at 12:45 PM, ChicagoOakland said:

I'm incredibly biased, but I still like these a lot.

Also, thank goodness the Rakuten patch is getting color changed on some unis.

I like the Town jerseys, too.  But who phoned in the photo shoot by using the bad graffiti font in the background?

On 9/17/2017 at 11:41 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The Nets' BKLN uniform is a real winner. I'd like that and a white version to be their full time uniform 

It's crap, just like their regular uniform -- but with fewer letters.

At the very least they need to get better numbers.  The Nets are the only team whose summer league uniforms are better than their regular uniforms.

Image result for nets summer league  59bfed8ee8e82_netssummerleague.jpg.ef1ec47c70f5dc4f1367bc9e7c4b19c9.jpg

In the best of all worlds, they'd have those numbers, and would also have the nickname on a uniform of the classic style of recent alt uniforms, with the stars running down the side.

59bfef717f247_lopezsleevedjersey.JPG.a9cbd05ab5d9643e59ab347e7b6a7ebf.JPG  lin.thumb.jpg.339f9786ea9948b20de5e9e49e7cba57.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived