Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

On 9/26/2017 at 4:03 AM, The Nation said:

Raptors striping looks hideous.  Huge fail by Nike.

 

ts20170924vh15456.jpg

Looks like those fan homemade ones were 2 jerseys are sewn together 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Wizards home uniform schedule:

 

http://www.nba.com/wizards/nike

 

homejerseyschedule-half.png

That image doesn’t include the games with the navy “Statement” uniform. Here’s the full version from the site you linked to:

46E7E1E7-C813-4A6A-B9C9-A4284FAA305A.thumb.jpeg.fd5000510e9924de4044187a9e39b609.jpeg

Also, in case anyone hasn’t already figured it out, the games with the darker navy background and player silhouette are the games where they’ll wear the yet-to-be-released community-inspired uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That image doesn’t include the games with the navy “Statement” uniform. Here’s the full version from the site you linked to:

46E7E1E7-C813-4A6A-B9C9-A4284FAA305A.thumb.jpeg.fd5000510e9924de4044187a9e39b609.jpeg

Also, in case anyone hasn’t already figured it out, the games with the darker navy background and player silhouette are the games where they’ll wear the yet-to-be-released community-inspired uniform.

And this helps me out for uniform tracking purposes.  At least with the home games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

The Nike takeover significantly downgraded the side panels for the Grizzlies and Magic, and destroyed any sense the Rockets and Raptors designs (which weren't great in the first place) had. And that's not counting the  awful way arm trim and side panels overlap on teams with both like the Sixers and Spurs. And if you also add how the interrupted arm trim, the off center notch on the shorts that interrupts continuous stripes, and the belt buckle  logo on the shorts even for teams that don't need one like the Bulls and I really struggle to see how this the adidas-Nike switch is an improvement. The alts are probably better and thank G-d there are no sleeves, but pretty much every jersey in the NBA got downgraded slightly without even counting the ads and the nike swoosh

yeah, there are a whole bunch of awkward looks with these updates nike is doing. Still better than any sleeved atrocities but its pretty disappointing so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that irritates me most is that both the Cavs and Warriors have retained their superfluous, incongruous dark gray jerseys, just now with minor design updates and sans sleeves. Nice gesture to commemorate their shared era of dominance, I guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this has been posted here, but an interesting note re: the Jazz jersey schedule for upcoming season. Based on Nike's formatting, I'd assume (but can't confirm) it's the same for all teams.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many teams, if any, are ignoring this nonsense and wearing white at home every game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Not sure if this has been posted here, but an interesting note re: the Jazz jersey schedule for upcoming season. Based on Nike's formatting, I'd assume (but can't confirm) it's the same for all teams.

 

 

That seems excessive.  Not sure why they need a new jersey every season.  Hopefully not every team is like that and settle on jerseys for longer than the Jazz will be doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

That seems excessive.  Not sure why they need a new jersey every season.  Hopefully not every team is like that and settle on jerseys for longer than the Jazz will be doing.

 

I'm pretty sure this will be the standard. I can't confirm it, but I know I've read this elsewhere a few months ago.

 

But, when you really think about it ... is it THAT excessive compared to the last couple of years of Adidas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

That image doesn’t include the games with the navy “Statement” uniform. Here’s the full version from the site you linked to:

46E7E1E7-C813-4A6A-B9C9-A4284FAA305A.thumb.jpeg.fd5000510e9924de4044187a9e39b609.jpeg

Also, in case anyone hasn’t already figured it out, the games with the darker navy background and player silhouette are the games where they’ll wear the yet-to-be-released community-inspired uniform.

 

The thing I love about this is how liberal they are being with wearing color at home. This is what I've been waiting for from the NBA for YEARS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Discogod said:

Is anyone surprised that Nike fudged up the NBA after seeing what they did to the NFL?

 

God, I miss the days of Sand-Knit and Champion.

 

Me too...and don't forget Starter and Puma.  The problem now is that these companies have so much money invested into this they have to be constantly marketing their "technology" and changing designs a million times just to sell more stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect to see a ton of color v color games this season. Hate the names of each uniform but cool to see each team will have a bunch if options to wear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Suns had their media day today, and it looks like most, if not all, of the images I've seen on instagram are of players in the throwbacks. I dig it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any update on that Utah Jazz gradient uniform??

 

My guess is that it will be released with the community inspired uniforms (city unis) later this fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Any update on that Utah Jazz gradient uniform??

 

My guess is that it will be released with the community inspired uniforms (city unis) later this fall.


That is the plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kimball said:

 

The thing I love about this is how liberal they are being with wearing color at home. This is what I've been waiting for from the NBA for YEARS!

 

You'll be happy to know that the Bulls red jerseys are their default home uniforms now. I don't like this idea. It's one thing to occasionally switch things up, but to have color be the default home on a team that's so traditonal is jarring and stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.