NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

On 9/25/2017 at 7:31 PM, spockEars7 said:

So does anyone like the size of the numbers on the new Spurs jersey? It's been bothering me since the release. It looks like they took the numbers from youth-sized jerseys and put them on the adult jerseys.

5c3a369036d6da7abf3473626d373c77--san-antonio-spurs-lol.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 6.14.54 PM.png

Kawhi’s face never changes lol 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Any update on that Utah Jazz gradient uniform??

My guess is that it will be released with the community inspired uniforms (city unis) later this fall.

If everything about this is true, being a nod to southern Utah (where I grew up) and all, I like the nod to the part of the state that supports the team from afar, but I don't like the idea of this jersey. A far better nod would be to play a preseason game or two (or even send the D-League G-League's Stars down south) for a couple games, likely in St. George or Cedar City, just as many other NBA teams do. I've long been beating the drum that the Jazz' minor-league team should've been placed in St. George (until a team--the Stars--was actually put in suburban Salt Lake), but the nearly 300-mile commute would not make for quick call-ups and call-downs.

/tangential rant

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

13 hours ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Not sure if this has been posted here, but an interesting note re: the Jazz jersey schedule for upcoming season. Based on Nike's formatting, I'd assume (but can't confirm) it's the same for all teams.

If the timelines in this tweet are being implemented league-wide, then does this mean that the Lakers will have to alter their traditional purple uniform in two years just because it counts as their Statement set? If so, then one would hope that the Lakers could take advantage of another grandfather clause, as they did with their gold home uniform under Adidas' reign.

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

You'll be happy to know that the Bulls red jerseys are their default home uniforms now. I don't like this idea. It's one thing to occasionally switch things up, but to have color be the default home on a team that's so traditonal is jarring and stupid.

And that helps me out again with the FULL uniform tracking I am working on for the NBA this season.  The tracking in itself is something that I am doing just for fun.

5 hours ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

If the timelines in this tweet are being implemented league-wide, then does this mean that the Lakers will have to alter their traditional purple uniform in two years just because it counts as their Statement set? If so, then one would hope that the Lakers could take advantage of another grandfather clause, as they did with their gold home uniform under Adidas' reign.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this necessarily means previous Statement and/or Community uniforms are gone once the new ones come out. Over half of the League's Statement sets this season are essentially what they've worn in previous years, so I'd be surprised if they go away. 

18 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Me too...and don't forget Starter and Puma.  The problem now is that these companies have so much money invested into this they have to be constantly marketing their "technology" and changing designs a million times just to sell more stuff.

Nike Version 1.0 was sweet as well.  Love what they did to the unis for teams like Bulls, Lakers, Spurs, etc. for selected teams.  The heavy dri fit jerseys popped out, too bad the second go around hasn't gone as well, but at least its better than what Rev 30 Adidas did but not by much.

40 minutes ago, jmatt116 said:

can someone help me with things?

are the mitchell and ness throwback soft mesh now or are they open holes? i repeat swingman. the Adidas swingman hardwood classics were open mesh. I assume the 130$ price tag makes them soft mesh now?

What do you mean by soft mesh? I believe the Mitchell and Ness Swingman Jerseys are really similar in design to the Adidas ones. 

20170927_101636.png

4 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

What do you mean by soft mesh? I believe the Mitchell and Ness Swingman Jerseys are really similar in design to the Adidas ones. 

20170927_101636.png

the difference in the holes. the adidas hardwood classic swingman has holes that poke through the fabric. however the Adidas 2016-17 swingman has smaller holes that didn't poke through the jersey 

1 minute ago, jmatt116 said:

the difference in the holes. the adidas hardwood classic swingman has holes that poke through the fabric. however the Adidas 2016-17 swingman has smaller holes that didn't poke through the jersey 

The 2016-17 swingman jerseys were meant to replicate the rev 30 material so it looked closer in design to the authentic rev 30 jerseys. All of the Mitchell and Ness Swingman Jerseys are open hole mesh, similar to the picture I posted.

57 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

The 2016-17 swingman jerseys were meant to replicate the rev 30 material so it looked closer in design to the authentic rev 30 jerseys. All of the Mitchell and Ness Swingman Jerseys are open hole mesh, similar to the picture I posted.

nooooooooooo ): okay thanks. is mitchell and ness higher quality than Adidas? why the 20$ increase 

Archived