NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

12 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

The entire NBA should empty all of their equipment rooms of the sleeved garbage and have a huge ceremonial bonfire to say goodbye to this crap for good.

I wonder if we'll get skinny shoulders and deep v's when Nike unveils them.. (maybe not, as the ads need a little room).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm aware, I just find the joke utterly moronic, no matter how serious it's intended to be. As a Blazers fan and Oregonian, I've heard that joke enough for a lifetime and it's about as played out as a joke could possibly be.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I'm aware, I just find the joke utterly moronic, no matter how serious it's intended to be. As a Blazers fan and Oregonian, I've heard that joke enough for a lifetime and it's about as played out as a joke could possibly be.

Maybe they'll keep the alternate but RIP off the sleeves.

Thank you. I'll be here all week.

16 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

It does feel like every game I watch is white vs black as if black is becoming the official away color for all teams. Bulls, Cavs, Bucks, Raptors, Hawks, Clippers, Rockets, and even the Spurs black alternates.

Don't forget gray versus black.

Any word yet on if the Spurs will be making any uniform changes/modifications? Personally I'm hoping that they will go back to the rounded collar and re-add the waistband stripe. Basically just go back to their uniforms from 2002-2010. I'd also like to see them ditch their current grey unis and make their grey ABA home uniform their new alt.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I'm surprised you give a rip about this at all.

On 4/24/2017 at 3:17 PM, -Akronite- said:

A lot of great stuff here. I must say that I prefer the modern numbers given they are paired with a modern font. And while I agree the front number really need another key line in order to stand out on the front (where the number is essentially cut in half), the back looked cooler and more unique with the stripe. I also wish they'd add the stripe to the blue alts.

I think the back stripe was a cool and unique design choice; I too wish they had found a way to save it (while still keeping the #s legible). 

White #s (outlined in grey) with a blue stripe (and a white yoke) would've made the #s pop more.  Or, they could've gone red yoke/white panel/blue stripe (like the home unis), only with red torsos and white #s outlined in grey. 

I agree that the blue alts are a big step down. Virtually every design element (aside from the contrast yoke) feels generic and untethered from the team's brand and/or history.  Oddly enough, Adidas has repurposed that design as a template:  I forget where I saw it, but if memory serves, either a small college or an international team used a recolored version of the blue alts. 

15 minutes ago, keynote said:

I think the back stripe was a cool and unique design choice; I too wish they had found a way to save it (while still keeping the #s legible). 

White #s (outlined in grey) with a blue stripe (and a white yoke) would've made the #s pop more.  Or, they could've gone red yoke/white panel/blue stripe (like the home unis), only with red torsos and white #s outlined in grey. 

I agree that the blue alts are a big step down. Virtually every design element (aside from the contrast yoke) feels generic and untethered from the team's brand and/or history.  Oddly enough, Adidas has repurposed that design as a template:  I forget where I saw it, but if memory serves, either a small college or an international team used a recolored version of the blue alts. 

UNCW has used it in recent years. There are probably more that have used it but they're the ones that come to mind.

IMG_3671.JPG.4016bc25a430a805af80abd2f9f28546.JPGIMG_3673.JPG.b79e17c8b278768bff1283f0860ceeff.JPG

Interestingly, they've used Brooklyn's template as well.

IMG_3672.JPG.fbbe2afa704ba72900f61ec05a82eeb4.JPGIMG_3674.JPG.a5b771251a5d890c3c8714e72e4547ea.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

22 minutes ago, keynote said:
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I'm surprised you give a rip about this at all.

Rip, rip

Rip and destroy

You know the hour's getting late

Rip, rip

Rip and destroy

Break it down and seal your fate

- robot Kiss

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

15 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

UNCW has used it in recent years. There are probably more that have used it but they're the ones that come to mind.

IMG_3671.JPG.4016bc25a430a805af80abd2f9f28546.JPGIMG_3673.JPG.b79e17c8b278768bff1283f0860ceeff.JPG

Interestingly, they've used Brooklyn's template as well.

IMG_3672.JPG.fbbe2afa704ba72900f61ec05a82eeb4.JPGIMG_3674.JPG.a5b771251a5d890c3c8714e72e4547ea.JPG

*That's* the team.  They modified the yoke a bit (it ends higher on the shoulders), but that's it.

Re: the Brooklyn templates:  ugh.  Why do the chevron stripe in *white* (instead of green or navy)?  It's barely noticeable.  <_<

19 hours ago, IceBurgs70 said:

Any word yet on if the Spurs will be making any uniform changes/modifications? Personally I'm hoping that they will go back to the rounded collar and re-add the waistband stripe. Basically just go back to their uniforms from 2002-2010. I'd also like to see them ditch their current grey unis and make their grey ABA home uniform their new alt.

Amen to that.  I would love to see Nike go back to the Dri-Fit fabric they had during the early 2000s that was carried over when Adidas took over the hoops contract up until 2010.  Those heavy set unis stood out more, and added more pop to a classic unis.  But got that feeling Nike will add slim shoulders and add their "Vapor Untouchable" look like they already doing in the NFL and college sports.  Add to that the ads on jerseys and I'm think it could be a train wreck.  Hopefully I am wrong about this, but that is where we are heading towards.

20 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

The depiction of the southern border is almost too simplistic.  Other than that it's pretty nice.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yikes. The oversimplified and perfectly geometric shape of the state is brutal for a legitimate secondary logo. This looks like something you'd see on a fan t-shirt if (wait -- when) Nike takes over the NBA. Not a bad mark overall, just out of place in the capacity in which they'll presumably use it.

Archived