NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

Were there multiple games in the playoffs in which OKC wore orange and Houston wore black? Generally I'd prefer a no alts in the playoffs rule, but I do like color-on-color when it's still light vs. dark, and in those cases I find the alts in question to be light years better than the primaries. Hope that series is a preview of the Nike era for those teams.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So have we seen those ugly Clippers jerseys for the last time? 

Also, the NBA basketball on ESPN or ABC logo (not sure which network. I forgot already) was a roundel, of course. It lead me to think that maybe the NBA will modernize their logo soon, and if they did, I'd assume it would be a roundel similar to that one. 

23 minutes ago, JerseyJosh said:

That is the rumor from reliable sources on here.  

I'm ecstatic because Ballmer's proclamation of "People will come around to it and love it!" never came to be true.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, JerseyJosh said:

Indeed we have.

Though I'm happy to see these current unis out the door, I don't know how confident I am that these new ones will be much better. That dumb wordmark (and probably underline swooshes) will likely still be present, so that's no good. Then, add in that the bad color combo will still be present + we won't be seeing those nice script wordmarks anymore, and I'm not feeling great about these new unis. Would love to be pleasantly surprised though, so here's hoping for that outcome.

Thanks Conrad. I guess I'm happy these are out the door but your comment on what may be coming in next actually has me worried. 

What I don't understand, why is the worst part of the jersey coming back?!?  That dumb word mark and underline swooshes is 90% of the reason those jerseys were terrible imo. Other 10% was because it was slapped onto a jersey template that had something a lot better previously so it was an obvious downgrade to the fans. 

Can't wait to see what the Clippers disappoint us with next...

15 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

What did they change beside the center logo?

Got rid of the college lines and red portions in the keys, and changed the out of bounds lines and the blocks and dashes on the outside of the keys to red instead of white. Here's the old court for reference:

IMG_3846.PNG.5c680e6b0cefcf9333b31983b6380375.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Got rid of the college lines and red portions in the keys, and changed the out of bounds lines and the blocks and dashes on the outside of the keys to red instead of white. Here's the old court for reference:

IMG_3846.PNG.5c680e6b0cefcf9333b31983b6380375.PNG

Oh that's a shame. I liked the balance between the blue and the red keys...

YVRMUBj.png

It's not a bad court design, but I think it's a downgrade from what they've had. The old center court logo popped more with the white ball in the background, and removing the red from the key has thrown the color balance off.

Again, overall, it's not bad, it's just not as good as what it's replacing.

42 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

Looks like the Pistons will be making the official announcement on their new logo soon.

IMG_5124.PNG

No wonder we haven't heard anything... It's in a steel vault in southeastern Michjigan. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived