NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

Celtics 2016:

Celtics 2017:

Granted, two different broadcasts so the usual caveats apply, but the Nike green looks shades lighter to me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same arena, same photographer.

Last season:

696F3BA9-3AEA-4977-92A0-6B03D8FD11A7.thumb.jpeg.2d0a178e2790c6793af10f2a38a874bf.jpeg

This season:

DF5AE64E-3BB5-416A-B6F8-202EB3ADD62F.thumb.jpeg.ab34208444fa829d92e56a8c327e7c19.jpeg

Obviously this is still an imperfect way to compare, as there’s no way to know how/if the specific angles of the shots swayed the colors, and if there are any editing effects applied to the photos, but I think this is still a fairly accurate way to compare the two. Nike has their own specific color codes so it’s possible the two shades are slightly different, and I’d say the Nike uniforms do look a bit richer and brighter, but I don’t think it’s as pronounced as some are making it out to be. One thing I’ve noticed as well is that these new Nike uniforms don’t seem to show the sweat as much as the Adidas threads, so that could be be a part of it as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Thanks for doing that. I think I might be through the looking glass on this one; my gut feel is that the Nike Celtics are different shade but I'm also willing to accept that it could just be me.  

You could put last and this year's game jerseys next to each other, but who's actually going to do that?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Celtics and lakers are both looking completely off when it comes to color, totally agree with everyone. Is it just a uniform fabric issue, or did they actually change the color value? this could be a thing where they fix it next season, like FSU fixing their gold numbers after one season. Gotta admit the mistake if it looks this bad. i wonder if more casual fans notice or if its just us. it seems like such a stupid and avoidable mistake.

15 hours ago, elliott said:

Celtics and lakers are both looking completely off when it comes to color, totally agree with everyone. Is it just a uniform fabric issue, or did they actually change the color value? this could be a thing where they fix it next season, like FSU fixing their gold numbers after one season. Gotta admit the mistake if it looks this bad. i wonder if more casual fans notice or if its just us. it seems like such a stupid and avoidable mistake.

Just Nike :censored:ing even more up, ripped paper thin jerseys are apparently  not enough ;)

As long as the colors don’t clash, I don’t care if NBA teams move away from white vs. color. The NBA seemed to stop enforcing that rule many seasons back, might as well just drop it entirely. 

3 hours ago, MkDon said:

Yeah, i am ok with the home team wearing white, but if the home one is color i prefer the away to be color too.

I am the same way. I hate seeing white being worn by the visiting team.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I'm not sure what to think; I do like color vs. color, but in cases of a clash I don't know. I don't want visitors to wear white, but I also don't want both teams wearing tonally similar colors (no royal blue/kelly green, or white/yellow, or red/orange) or colorblindness-clashing colors.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 10/21/2017 at 2:56 PM, upperV03 said:

Last season:

696F3BA9-3AEA-4977-92A0-6B03D8FD11A7.thumb.jpeg.2d0a178e2790c6793af10f2a38a874bf.jpeg

This season:

DF5AE64E-3BB5-416A-B6F8-202EB3ADD62F.thumb.jpeg.ab34208444fa829d92e56a8c327e7c19.jpeg

Obviously this is still an imperfect way to compare, as there’s no way to know how/if the specific angles of the shots swayed the colors, and if there are any editing effects applied to the photos, but I think this is still a fairly accurate way to compare the two. Nike has their own specific color codes so it’s possible the two shades are slightly different, and I’d say the Nike uniforms do look a bit richer and brighter, but I don’t think it’s as pronounced as some are making it out to be. One thing I’ve noticed as well is that these new Nike uniforms don’t seem to show the sweat as much as the Adidas threads, so that could be be a part of it as well.

From what i can tell, the new Celts green is alot brighter, especially compared to last year, glad to see im not going crazy.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 10/21/2017 at 11:56 AM, upperV03 said:

Last season:

This season:

Not sure how much stock I'd put in this comparison considering LeBron's skin tone is also different in both pics.

Archived