NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

3 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

Exactly, Nike screwed up big time here

If anything, blame the Lakers, not Nike. Nike has their own specific color codes, so the Lakers probably had the choice between the lighter shade and the darker shade, and they obviously chose the former. If they had wanted the darker shade, that’s what they would’ve gotten. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, TBJ said:

Color vs Color never really bothered me. White on the road is very weird. Gonna take some time to get used to.

Last night's Pistons-Clippers game was a perfect example of that...it kinda threw me off a couple of times who's in what color (Pistons in white, Clips in blue).  If not for the court, I would have forget that it was Staples Center instead of Little Caesars Arena.

21 hours ago, TBJ said:

Color vs Color never really bothered me. White on the road is very weird. Gonna take some time to get used to.

The Lakers were the only team to be granted the right to have the gold jersey designated as the home jersey back when they made that distinction, but since the gold jersey is now a color jersey, the Raptors were forced to wear the white jersey. It makes sense if the Lakers wore red, but doesn't make sense to us if they wear gold because we're used to gold being the home white. Besides contrast issues, it's stupid because it forces (?) the road team to wear white and you no longer have the color on color for most non-Sunday and non-Christmas day game matchups that Lakers typically had prior to this Nike nonsense.

13 hours ago, BShaw20 said:

The Lakers shade of yellow should be close to the Jazz one, but here it looks extremely yellow lol

I'm pretty sure the Jazz had a darker shade of yellow to begin with. I could be wrong, but when Nike took over the NFL a few seasons ago, didn't some teams need to adjust their colors to match Nike's palette? I can't find the news article that I'm thinking of. But it seems to me that the Celtic's would probably have been in a similar situation.

20171029_231319.png

20171029_104208.png

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

If anything, blame the Lakers, not Nike. Nike has their own specific color codes, so the Lakers probably had the choice between the lighter shade and the darker shade, and they obviously chose the former. If they had wanted the darker shade, that’s what they would’ve gotten. 

You really  think the Lakers would tinker with their classic color scheme!?

Why have we not heard anything about it then,  there are folks on this forum that knows about even the tiniest change to teams 

6 hours ago, sayahh said:

The Lakers were the only team to be granted the right to have the gold jersey designated as the home jersey back when they made that distinction, but since the gold jersey is now a color jersey, the Raptors were forced to wear the white jersey. It makes sense if the Lakers wore red, but doesn't make sense to us if they wear gold because we're used to gold being the home white. Besides contrast issues, it's stupid because it forces (?) the road team to wear white and you no longer have the color on color for most non-Sunday and non-Christmas day game matchups that Lakers typically had prior to this Nike nonsense.

Wait, seriously? This is actually a rule?

If true, this is absolutely horrendous. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

7 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

You really  think the Lakers would tinker with their classic color scheme!?

Why have we not heard anything about it then,  there are folks on this forum that knows about even the tiniest change to teams 

It’s not that simple. As I said before, due to dye restrictions, Nike has their own specific set of colors, as did Adidas, and it’s up to the teams to pick out which of those colors best suit them. In certain cases the brands are able to produce more custom colors (think of the Eagles’ green and the difficulty Nike had trying to match it) but for more general colors it’s up to the teams to look at swatches and decide what they want to go with. On all other platforms it doesn’t seem like the Lakers have changed their color scheme, but the on-court products are definitely tinkered with a little bit. But that doesn’t mean that the Lakers intentionally wanted to change their shades of yellow and purple, it just comes down to which of the Nike swatches they felt best matched up with what they wanted.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, kodrinsky said:

They did:

I know they wore the Irish Rainbows with them, I was talking about the throwbacks they wore last week. The '68 jerseys. I just wasn't clear in my original post.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

14 hours ago, sayahh said:

Yeah, no, that's not entirely true. From my understanding beginning this year the choice is that the home team dictates their jersey and then the road team picks a contrasting color. That CAN force a team into a white jersey depending on the contrast between the home team and their team colors. But, really seeing the Raptors in white against a gold clad Lakers and white clad Lakers against the blue dressed Jazz is really up to the visiting team not the league.

In the past though that was the case. I don't know when the rule was created (mid-80s I believe?) the Lakers were godfathered into the exception. I believe the Warriors were as well until they switched from gold to white home jerseys. Before this Nike switch I believe there were a number of times the Warriors' tried to get the exception again. 

Either way, I remember since secondary jerseys started being worn the Pacers, Sonics, Hawks, etc. who wore gold jerseys as their secondary jersey would wear them against a team dressed in their home white jerseys -- home and road. There were some exceptions here and there, but for the most part you'd see a Jazz-Sonics game in Seattle with the Jazz in white and Sonics in gold ... it drove me crazy.

That's mostly changed the past few years with Silver in office and the easement on jersey color restrictions. 

Anyways, a little history lesson from my understanding. But, really, the choice now is with the teams and not the league -- as long as there is a big enough contrast. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

It’s not that simple. As I said before, due to dye restrictions, Nike has their own specific set of colors, as did Adidas, and it’s up to the teams to pick out which of those colors best suit them. In certain cases the brands are able to produce more custom colors (think of the Eagles’ green and the difficulty Nike had trying to match it) but for more general colors it’s up to the teams to look at swatches and decide what they want to go with. On all other platforms it doesn’t seem like the Lakers have changed their color scheme, but the on-court products are definitely tinkered with a little bit. But that doesn’t mean that the Lakers intentionally wanted to change their shades of yellow and purple, it just comes down to which of the Nike swatches they felt best matched up with what they wanted.

Yikes, thanks for the awful info. LOL

Hope that nothing will change when Under Armour takes over MLB,  but there was something about the uniforms will still be made in the same Majestic factory, isn't that right? 

2 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

Yikes, thanks for the awful info. LOL

Hope that nothing will change when Under Armour takes over MLB,  but there was something about the uniforms will still be made in the same Majestic factory, isn't that right? 

That is what I had heard as well.  

My guess is there will be some sort of super clearance on the Majestic stock next fall and that is when I am going to go nuts buying MLB jerseys

On 10/28/2017 at 4:28 PM, kimball said:

I'm hoping when teams start wearing the Mindset jerseys there will be less white on the road. And, especially, the community jerseys come December.

For the dates I have on my tracker, Charlotte is wearing them on the following dates:

• 11/25/17
  • 11/29/17
  • 12/6/17
  • 12/9/17
  • 12/11/17
  • 12/16/17
  • 12/22/17
  • 1/15/18
  • 2/4/18
  • 2/5/18
  • 2/11/18
  • 2/25/18
  • 2/28/18
  • 3/13/18
  • 3/15/18
  • 4/1/18
  • 4/8/18
  • 4/10/18

The Wizards only have a Home schedule right now for sure on these dates:

• 11/25/17
  • 12/17/17
  • 1/6/18
  • 1/13/18
  • 2/8/18
  • 2/28/18
  • 4/10/18

The Timberwolves have a home schedule for the Mindset as well on these dates:

• 12/16/17
  • 1/6/18
  • 1/20/18
  • 1/27/18
  • 2/3/18
  • 2/24/18

Other teams have sporadic dates which I am still trying to find out.  That is what I know and what has been made public thus far.  For the most part, it looks as if the Mindset jerseys will start for teams close to Thanksgiving. 

2 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

For the dates I have on my tracker, Charlotte is wearing them on the following dates:

• 11/25/17
  • 11/29/17
  • 12/6/17
  • 12/9/17
  • 12/11/17
  • 12/16/17
  • 12/22/17
  • 1/15/18
  • 2/4/18
  • 2/5/18
  • 2/11/18
  • 2/25/18
  • 2/28/18
  • 3/13/18
  • 3/15/18
  • 4/1/18
  • 4/8/18
  • 4/10/18

The Wizards only have a Home schedule right now for sure on these dates:

• 11/25/17
  • 12/17/17
  • 1/6/18
  • 1/13/18
  • 2/8/18
  • 2/28/18
  • 4/10/18

The Timberwolves have a home schedule for the Mindset as well on these dates:

• 12/16/17
  • 1/6/18
  • 1/20/18
  • 1/27/18
  • 2/3/18
  • 2/24/18

Other teams have sporadic dates which I am still trying to find out.  That is what I know and what has been made public thus far.  For the most part, it looks as if the Mindset jerseys will start for teams close to Thanksgiving. 

You're doing the Lord's work. Bless you.

kimball banner.png

4 hours ago, kimball said:

Yeah, no, that's not entirely true. From my understanding beginning this year the choice is that the home team dictates their jersey and then the road team picks a contrasting color. That CAN force a team into a white jersey depending on the contrast between the home team and their team colors. But, really seeing the Raptors in white against a gold clad Lakers and white clad Lakers against the blue dressed Jazz is really up to the visiting team not the league.

In the past though that was the case. I don't know when the rule was created (mid-80s I believe?) the Lakers were godfathered into the exception. I believe the Warriors were as well until they switched from gold to white home jerseys. Before this Nike switch I believe there were a number of times the Warriors' tried to get the exception again. 

Either way, I remember since secondary jerseys started being worn the Pacers, Sonics, Hawks, etc. who wore gold jerseys as their secondary jersey would wear them against a team dressed in their home white jerseys -- home and road. There were some exceptions here and there, but for the most part you'd see a Jazz-Sonics game in Seattle with the Jazz in white and Sonics in gold ... it drove me crazy.

That's mostly changed the past few years with Silver in office and the easement on jersey color restrictions. 

Anyways, a little history lesson from my understanding. But, really, the choice now is with the teams and not the league -- as long as there is a big enough contrast. 

That's my understanding as well. I'll rephrase that as "the Raptors might have been forced to wear the white jersey" but that was just my assumption. I might've also gotten the thing about the league not allowing certain colors to be worn (e.g. Lakers purple?) prior to a certain date confused with the Lakers wearing gold causing the Raptor to have to revert to their home jerseys.

Archived