NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, coachcw_51 said:

Nothing official, although Conrad has been mentioning an article he's working on that will hopefully shed some light on that

Thanks.

I've heard Miami is going South Beach and the Bucks uni will be cream.

Jaguars

3 hours ago, Digby said:

I'm wary of pinning every annoying trend on the manufacturer. Would be curious to hear if any teams were like "you know, we'd really rather have just two only, thanks" but were dragged kicking and screaming into the world of Statement jerseys. Remember that Adidas both showered the NBA in endless alts (some with sleeves) while at the same time dialing MLS and NHL both back to two jerseys per team, no alternate kits allowed.

The Knicks certainly seem like they didn’t particularly care for alternates  considering one is the same as the normal white but with an added white outline (though the community   is supposedly navy)

07Giants.pngnyy.png

fair point @anythinglogos! That ill-fated orange alternate really soured the entire idea I guess. Though also kind of funny considering the black-trim look that just screams "Knicks" to this day was borne out of a promoted alternate.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

54 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

The Knicks certainly seem like they didn’t particularly care for alternates  considering one is the same as the normal white but with an added white outline (though the community   is supposedly navy)

At this point it would not stun me if it were navy, silver OR the return of that orange one.  

Just as long as black NEVER comes back for the Knicks...

2 hours ago, Teal said:

Thanks.

I've heard Miami is going South Beach and the Bucks uni will be cream.

Justise Winslow was quoted this week referring to the Miami "Community" edition as a white uniform with a "Miami Vice" feel. So maybe some teal/pink/orange accents?

Interesting line here in this article from the Star Tribune about the Statement uniforms:

"...the Statement Edition jersey will be available starting Nov. 20. They'll first be worn by NBA teams starting Nov. 25".

Doesn't seem that's entirely accurate since the Thunder just announced they'll debut theirs on 11/24, but it will be interesting to see how many teams do wear them that weekend, and how many do so at home (merch $$). The Wolves themselves will play 7 home games after that date before they wear them at home for the first time on 12/16 vs. Phoenix, but they could debut them on the road prior to that.

The Lakers are wearing their whites on the road tonight for the second time this season, this time in Portland (meaning the Blazers will again be wearing black at home):

79B67990-011D-4863-A389-42F3A86B9473.thumb.jpeg.de9cf24391103517e78d94139fa7ed9b.jpeg

There is absolutely no excuse for this, just as there was no excuse for them wearing white in Utah last week either. It’s especially maddening because they even said they would continue to honor the Sunday whites tradition and wear them for Sunday home games:

9206B62E-0591-4A45-8C92-6B72179A476B.jpeg.5dde44e331d229ed8eb511a5dd74bea3.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, tohasbo said:

At this point it would not stun me if it were navy, silver OR the return of that orange one.  

Just as long as black NEVER comes back for the Knicks...

The Knicks logo with the black drop shadows is one of my favorites.  They used black far better than the Mets did, IMO.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 minutes ago, colortv said:

Orange jerseys should be a no-brainer for the Knicks imo, they look great and seem to be popular with fans:

iman-shumpert-knicks-orange-jersey.jpg

NBA10857_01.jpg

wjrxkhoo31rztyjroa2d.jpg

screen-shot-2013-10-25-at-4-36-50-pm.png

knicks_orange_alternates.jpg

USATSI_7523560-620x413.jpg

Imagine how much they would pop, playing at say San Antonio or Brooklyn.

SHOULD be. Unfortunately they were tainted with a 0-6 record.

Honestly, kinda surprised the Knicks don't have an all black jersey. Or is that too much like the Nets?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

There is absolutely no excuse for this, just as there was no excuse for them wearing white in Utah last week either. It’s especially maddening because they even said they would continue to honor the Sunday whites tradition and wear them for Sunday home games:

9206B62E-0591-4A45-8C92-6B72179A476B.jpeg.5dde44e331d229ed8eb511a5dd74bea3.jpeg

Two points ...

1) They didn't say for ONLY Sunday games. We'll still see white jersey for Sunday home games. 

2) I think once STATEMENT jerseys can be worn, especially in the Lakers' case, we'll see less white on the road. At least I am hopeful of that. But, I've been hopeful to see more Color vs. Color, but there are matchups that could have pulled off Color vs. Color and haven't. So maybe this is wishful thinking for me?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 minutes ago, kimball said:

SHOULD be. Unfortunately they were tainted with a 0-6 record.

Honestly, kinda surprised the Knicks don't have an all black jersey. Or is that too much like the Nets?

I'm sure the Nets Black and White rebrand played a part in the Knicks phasing out the black.

4 minutes ago, colortv said:

I'm sure the Nets Black and White rebrand played a part in the Knicks phasing out the black.

Agreed. I'd love an orange alt or pretty much anything as long as it's not a gray jersey. 

kimball banner.png

14 minutes ago, kimball said:

2) I think once STATEMENT jerseys can be worn, especially in the Lakers' case, we'll see less white on the road. At least I am hopeful of that. But, I've been hopeful to see more Color vs. Color, but there are matchups that could have pulled off Color vs. Color and haven't. So maybe this is wishful thinking for me?

I agree with the bolded part, but I’m not sure why you said “especially in the Lakers’ case” since both times they’ve gone with the whites on the road they couldn’t have worn purple anyways (against the Jazz in navy last week and now tonight against the Blazers in black). That’s what makes it all the more puzzling, because both times they could’ve (and should’ve) worn yellow. 

And yeah, you’re right, the Lakers didn’t explicitly say that they’d wear the whites only for Sunday home games, but you would’ve thought they would’ve said something about wearing them on the road since that goes against their tradition. The whole thing is just incredibly annoying and stupid.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, colortv said:

Definitely a cleaner look imo, without the black:

a1498932-2e83-4033-acdb-2c9024885e72_485

I can never get behind that logo, it looks unfinished. I also think the Knicks have been using the wrong shade of blue for their current logo. 

This will always be the definitive Knicks logo for me.

knicks_logo4.png 

XM4KeeA.png

Archived