NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

9 hours ago, RichO said:

On the sweat thing, I've seen Nike have some problems with runners in marathons where dudes' shirts will start normal and stretch at least a couple inches longer by the end. Some of their stuff has issues.

I recall a similar soaking issue with the soccer jerseys a few years ago. I can’t recall the details, though. For some reason I’m thinking it coincided with the introduction of the “made from recycled bottles” fabric, but I could be wrong.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, kimball said:

I'm not holding my breath on that one. But, I think it will be an odd sight with green vs. gold in the Garden as well?

Either way, gold vs. white, in the Lakers-Celtics series isn't totally uncommon. But, still ...

kobebest.jpg

That was the game I mentioned earlier and I hated it. I think that's the game Ray Allen set the 3-point record too. Loved the jerseys, but total mystery why LA couldn't wear a purple one.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Let’s just hope the Lakers don’t wear white like they’ve already done twice on the road this season when they could've, and should’ve worn yellow.

We all know they will. Or they'll finally wear purple and the whole thing will be the newest dumb uniform clash this season.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Lakers should wear yellow exclusively at home, purple primarily on the road, and white on the road if the home team is wearing dark.

No white at home, no yellow on the road.

Problem solved.  Next topic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

47 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Lakers should wear yellow exclusively at home, purple primarily on the road, and white on the road if the home team is wearing dark.

And never wear those MPLS throwbacks again.

6uXNWAo.png

I can't even remember the jargon terms. But, would anyone even have noticed if the other 29 teams wore (white collection) and (what used to be away jersey collection) for October/November, but the Lakers got special dispensation to wear (what used to be the away jersey collection) and (third jersey collection) instead? If anyone asks, which they probably wouldn't, couldn't some PR flack say "yeah they're doing it a little differently because they're the Lakers, it's fine"? Would this have ruined Nike's sales for the busy holiday season? The traditionalists would stay happy, everyone would find the games easier to watch on their screens, solved. I don't even care about the color v color, or the jersey ripping, or the wrong hue on the Lakers yellow, I'd just like the most basic meaningless thing to be done right. But what's not broken needs fixing because a marketing SVP got some wacky ideas.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Or they could do what they've done for a decade: yellow at home, purple on the road and white on Sundays. I was never a fan of the white, but at least there was a logic to it.

NBA third and fourth jerseys suck, but there was at least some order when teams (except the Lakers) were required to wear white at home. It's not hard.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Knicks inconsistency with the shades of Orange, Blue, and Gray they use across media is so annoying:

NYK.svg

logo_1_1.png?itok=DdAkQPN_

Instagram:

17931864_1174443049319912_32287946174197

Look at the shading of the logo behind Hornacek vs. the one next to the score:

http://www.nba.com/knicks/video/teams/knicks/2017/11/06/1719393/1509945122637-nykhornacek11052017-1719393

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Lakers should wear white for Sunday home games and Christmas. I have no real interest in seeing white used at any other point unless it's a throwback uniform. The Home and Away designation should stick with the Lakers and never change. If the home team wears color? Wear yellow because that's your home uniform!

bSLCtu2.png

So with Sacramento going white at home last night that leaves only Brooklyn, Chicago, Houston, and Philadelphia who have not worn white at home yet.

We know the Bulls plan on wearing red at home for every game. Have any of the other teams made any kind of official declaration?

1 hour ago, coachcw_51 said:

We know the Bulls plan on wearing red at home for every game. Have any of the other teams made any kind of official declaration?

The Bulls just said that they were designating their red uniforms as their primary home uniforms for this season, which doesn’t necessarily mean that they’ll wear red for every home game. And frankly, I’d expect the Bulls to wear each of their other three uniforms at home at least once this season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

The Bulls just said that they were designating their red uniforms as their primary home uniforms for this season, which doesn’t necessarily mean that they’ll wear red for every home game. And frankly, I’d expect the Bulls to wear each of their other three uniforms at home at least once this season.

Good point - poor wording on my part. I agree - it would be surprising to me if they didn't wear the others at least once at home.

Maybe all the Nike color and quality issues are a false flag operation to take attention away from the ad patches. Three weeks in, and no one is talking about the NASCARization of the NBA.

Makes you think.

9 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Maybe all the Nike color and quality issues are a false flag operation to take attention away from the ad patches. Three weeks in, and no one is talking about the NASCARization of the NBA.

Makes you think.

I spy an AWL.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived