NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

The Lakers are (thankfully) wearing yellow tonight in Boston:

22C32995-4AC2-4B9F-AF69-B90DFC7DEF1A.thumb.jpeg.6f036b81cc0a63b2de5ef4811643f745.jpeg

Ad patches and slight color issues notwithstanding, it should be a great looking game, even though it’ll be a bit odd to see the classic yellow vs. green matchup occur in Boston rather than LA.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Add the Jazz to the list of teams who’ve announced when they’ll debut their “Statement” uniforms:

Gorgeous. The more I see it, the more I am liking the yellow for the Jazz. The Jazztros jersey remains to be seen.

I will miss the green jersey though. Hopefully, we'll see a throwback green in the coming years???

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I just think the Lakers yellow jersey should be home and home only.  You want white on sundays?  OK, whatever.  But the yellow should never appear on the road, so white would be the road clash kit in my world.  

Question - is it more common in other sports for the road team to travel with only one color and then force the home team into a clash kit, or does the road team have to bring both road and clash kits on road trips?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Gold and Black is here to stay. This is the Raptors 4th "City Edition" Nike Uniform. This uniform replaces last seasons "Drake" uniform. It is unclear when this jersey will see the court for the first time, but this is exciting. The first raptors jersey in a long time not to follow the regular template. More info to come soon... 

➡︎ https://raptorsking.weebly.com

#WeTheNorth

#WeTheNorth

Raptors City Uniform copy copy.jpg

24 minutes ago, colortv said:

This Lakers-Celtics game is showing exactly why color at home for the sake of it doesn't work in a lot of situations.

Look how much the Celtics players blend into the court.

At least that means Nike got the green right after all. ?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

12 minutes ago, Digby said:

At least that means Nike got the green right after all. ?

The green looks different tonight than it did earlier in the season. It's a shade darker.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I kinda like it other than the illegible number and "NORTH".  Put TORONTO on there and make the number visible and we're talking.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I kinda like it other than the illegible number and "NORTH".  Put TORONTO on there and make the number visible and we're talking.

I totally agree, the chevrons on the current sides are too small especially after Nike's update. This is a more unique way to incorporate them and it does play in well to the idea of the "North". I'd love to see this with "Toronto" and in correct team colors. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, colortv said:

This Lakers-Celtics game is showing exactly why color at home for the sake of it doesn't work in a lot of situations.

My thought exactly. There is a certain balance to their parquet floor and home white jerseys that's perfection. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, colortv said:

*opens Instagram app*

*scrolls through feed and stops on a highlight from tonight's game*

*notices the Celtics green vs Lakers yellow in total confusion*

C5MK39RWEAA9vnD.jpg

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

The green looks different tonight than it did earlier in the season. It's a shade darker.

Yeah, it's definitely different now. What's interesting is that in the game NBA 2K18, the developers scanned all the Nike uniforms themselves and the shade that the Celtics are wearing right now are the ones that have been in the game since it came out in September indicating it was suppose to be like this all along, so what was the deal with that lighter green in the first month of the season?

bSLCtu2.png

3 minutes ago, Digby said:

I dunno, are we sure it wasn't just a lighting thing? Celtics haven't worn these at home until tonight.

I don't know if lighting can explain this:

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived