Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

The green looks different tonight than it did earlier in the season. It's a shade darker.

 

7 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Yeah, it's definitely different now. What's interesting is that in the game NBA 2K18, the developers scanned all the Nike uniforms themselves and the shade that the Celtics are wearing right now are the ones that have been in the game since it came out in September indicating it was suppose to be like this all along, so what was the deal with that lighter green in the first month of the season?

There’s no doubt in my mind that the green is the exact same as the beginning of the season. Different lighting conditions in the different arenas, and different cameras being used by TV crews and photographers have no doubt played a role in the green looking a bit lighter at times. Green is a color that can look really different in different conditions (think of the Jets’ green) and the issue is especially evident with the materials Nike uses. I’ve seen the same thing with Oregon’s football and basketball uniforms over the years, whether it be the dark green they used to use or the lighter kelly green they’ve been using the last several years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, upperV03 said:

 

There’s no doubt in my mind that the green is the exact same as the beginning of the season. Different lighting conditions in the different arenas, and different cameras being used by TV crews and photographers have no doubt played a role in the green looking a bit lighter at times. Green is a color that can look really different in different conditions (think of the Jets’ green) and the issue is especially evident with the materials Nike uses. I’ve seen the same thing with Oregon’s football and basketball uniforms over the years, whether it be the dark green they used to use or the lighter kelly green they’ve been using the last several years. 

 

Why hasn't this been an issue in prior seasons? We've never had a discussion about the Celtics green looking weird arena-by-arena in prior seasons. And that was when teams wore dark colors on the road consistently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

Why hasn't this been an issue in prior seasons? We've never had a discussion about the Celtics green looking weird arena-by-arena in prior seasons. And that was when teams wore dark colors on the road consistently.

 

If I'm being honest, when I first got an HDTV in 2009, I noticed right away that the Celtics green was brighter. Tonight, I don't have this bright green issue anymore so I'm not totally sure what's going on here and I've had the same TV since 2009. I've chalked up that past color issue being a problem with my TV until tonight now it just looks different. I don't know, maybe we're all overthinking this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

Why hasn't this been an issue in prior seasons? We've never had a discussion about the Celtics green looking weird arena-by-arena in prior seasons. And that was when teams wore dark colors on the road consistently.

First off, I’m sure if you went back and looked at videos and pictures from past seasons, you’d notice some subtle differences in how their green appears in different arenas, lighting conditions, etc. And then secondly, the different materials used by Adidas and Nike absorb and show sweat in different ways, which can sway how the colors appear. Lastly, and most importantly, the different materials absorb and reflect light in different ways, which is why they can appear so different in a variety of environments and conditions. It’s something called metamerism, which is a common issue that designers encounter when working with different materials. Two things that are composed from different materials but appear to be the exact same color can look different depending on how the materials absorb and reflect light. Two things that aren’t the same color can look like they match in certain conditions, and two things that are the same color can look different in certain conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To quote another poster, Nike and the NBA have been "shockingly inept" with this uniform rollout and policy of letting teams where whatever they want whenever they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How I long for the golden days of yore when the home team wore white jerseys (except for the Lakers and their yellow jerseys) and the road team wore dark jerseys...

 

This new-fangled NBA is a hot mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, the_Raptors_king said:

Gold and Black is here to stay. This is the Raptors 4th "City Edition" Nike Uniform. This uniform replaces last seasons "Drake" uniform. It is unclear when this jersey will see the court for the first time, but this is exciting. The first raptors jersey in a long time not to follow the regular template. More info to come soon... 

 

➡︎ https://raptorsking.weebly.com

#WeTheNorth

#WeTheNorth

Raptors City Uniform copy copy.jpg

IMO it’s pretty bad, it kind of looks like the 70’s Sonics jerseys with the arch and inside it a non arched script

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2017 at 1:57 AM, colortv said:

The Knicks inconsistency with the shades of Orange, Blue, and Gray they use across media is so annoying:

 

 

Website:

 

NYK.svg

logo_1_1.png?itok=DdAkQPN_

 

10995114547706245105

 

 

Instagram:

 

 

 

 

 

17931864_1174443049319912_32287946174197

 

Look at the shading of the logo behind Hornacek vs. the one next to the score:

 

http://www.nba.com/knicks/video/teams/knicks/2017/11/06/1719393/1509945122637-nykhornacek11052017-1719393

 

 

 

The blue isn't necessarily -inconsistent- but rather different based on color profiles (RGB version v CMYK v PMS etc etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Raptors jersey wouldn't even make it out of the Concepts folder without getting wrecked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any predictions as to what the Warriors 4th uni will look like? I have a feeling it will be grey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Teal said:

Any predictions as to what the Warriors 4th uni will look like? I have a feeling it will be grey.

It will not be gray. It’ll be a new version of the Chinese New Year sets they’ve had the past two seasons, except this time it’ll be blue and yellow (not sure which will be the base color).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, the_Raptors_king said:

Gold and Black is here to stay. This is the Raptors 4th "City Edition" Nike Uniform. This uniform replaces last seasons "Drake" uniform. It is unclear when this jersey will see the court for the first time, but this is exciting. The first raptors jersey in a long time not to follow the regular template. More info to come soon... 

 

➡︎ https://raptorsking.weebly.com

#WeTheNorth

#WeTheNorth

Raptors City Uniform copy copy.jpg

I actually like this a lot. The number is awful though. Should be white with a gold trim i'm thinking. Also a white trim around the north may look better. Not sure though. But overall I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

It will not be gray. It’ll be a new version of the Chinese New Year sets they’ve had the past two seasons, except this time it’ll be blue and yellow (not sure which will be the base color).

 

I think I heard somewhere that there will be a dragon involved in the design? I'm hoping for a gold base color. The Warriors need a gold uniform. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kimball said:

 

I think I heard somewhere that there will be a dragon involved in the design? I'm hoping for a gold base color. The Warriors need a gold uniform. 

Yes, and yes. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Yes, and yes. B)

 

Now we're talking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

Yes, and yes. B)

 

And, now I remember where I heard this from! Keep doing the Lord's work @Conrad.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kimball said:

 

I think I heard somewhere that there will be a dragon involved in the design? I'm hoping for a gold base color. The Warriors need a gold uniform. 

I'm all for a gold Warriors set. Let's hope it happens...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.