NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JPDesign said:

I know that the Thunder specifically said they'll wear their blue icon edition uniforms at home for nationally televised games. Their reasoning was so that the "Oklahoma City" on the chest got more air time.

They want to make sure people get nauseous looking at a TERRIBLY conceived basic looking uniform that has outlet itself for too long!

shado_logo.gif

The good news: Charlotte will wear their throwback uniforms for the first time on Wednesday.

The bad news: They will do so while wearing a ad patch:

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. I almost wanted them to go all out and get Bojangles as their sponsor instead of LendingTree, who I didn't know was based in Charlotte? The corporate world baffles me.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

31 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

The good news: Charlotte will wear their throwback uniforms for the first time on Wednesday.

The bad news: They will do so while wearing a ad patch:

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. I almost wanted them to go all out and get Bojangles as their sponsor instead of LendingTree, who I didn't know was based in Charlotte? The corporate world baffles me.

Wow, the overlapping collar does not work at all for me. Would much prefer a scoop/crew neck with continuous striping. It's not as noticeable from farther away but up close I don't like that at all. :(

21 minutes ago, coachcw_51 said:

Wow, the overlapping collar does not work at all for me. Would much prefer a scoop/crew neck with continuous striping. It's not as noticeable from farther away but up close I don't like that at all. :(

It’s a throwback, and that’s how it was on the original, so...

charlotte-hornets-uniforms-17.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

It’s a throwback, and that’s how it was on the original, so...

charlotte-hornets-uniforms-17.jpg

Interesting. I didn't know that about the original. I still don't love the look, but since it's consistent with the originals I can't really fault the choice to go that way. Just personal preference.

1 hour ago, coachcw_51 said:

I'm more disappointed by the logo patch overlapping the pinstripe on the throwback. 

Woof.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

So I have noticed that the pistons have worn white for every game except one game at the knicks and the lakers have been stuck wearing yellow most games vs teams wearing white. This is one of the things I was worried about when the nba gave teams full control on what uniforms teams can wear. It has lead to teams like the pistons and lakers who are trying to stay traditional with whites(and golds) at home, but get stuck wearing white/gold on the road too. 

5 minutes ago, JELKK said:

So I have noticed that the pistons have worn white for every game except one game at the knicks and the lakers have been stuck wearing yellow most games vs teams wearing white. This is one of the things I was worried about when the nba gave teams full control on what uniforms teams can wear. It has lead to teams like the pistons and lakers who are trying to stay traditional with whites(and golds) at home, but get stuck wearing white/gold on the road too. 

On the bright side, it could potentially further strengthen the team's brand as far as having a very consistent look. Kind of like how the Cowboys always wear white at home, and on the road (mostly), to the point that it's weird looking to see them in blue. 

18 hours ago, mafiaman said:

So, let me get this straight:  Each team has four jerseys, The Icon, the Association, The Leaders, and The Legends.  Right?  

Ridiculous.  How about "home," "away," and "alternate" and call it a day.  

How is it "ridiculous"? What difference does it make? Get over it.

8 minutes ago, JESSEDIEBOLT said:

How is it "ridiculous"? What difference does it make? Get over it.

I think he's complaining about the stupid Nike speak more than anything. Which I think we all kind of find ridiculous.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived