NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a good looking game in LA tonight as the Lakers are set to wear their MPLS throwbacks for the second time this season, this time against the 76ers, who will presumably be in white (I wouldn’t think the NBA would allow light blue vs. royal blue, but who knows):

ap-lakers-team-celebrate.jpg?itok=KU8qe5

857651890-memphis-grizzlies-v-philadelph

This game would look even better if the Sixers were allowed to wear their red Statement uniforms, but it still should look pretty good.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I couldnt find a good picture but I noticed that on the hornets throwback jersey, hidden slightly under the ad patch, is a sublimated NBA logo referencing back when the NBA logo was on the front, very easy to miss but nice subtle design by nike.

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Should be a good looking game in LA tonight as the Lakers are set to wear their MPLS throwbacks for the second time this season, this time against the 76ers, who will presumably be in white (I wouldn’t think the NBA would allow light blue vs. royal blue, but who knows):

This game would look even better if the Sixers were allowed to wear their red Statement uniforms, but it still should look pretty good.

I have no idea why you would think that in this season. There's no respect for law and order anymore.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Here's an idea. Call the Lakers' white jersey "white" and their yellow jersey "yellow" or "gold" and their purple jersey "purple."

BREAKING NEWS: Nike will call white jerseys "dark," yellow jerseys "purple" and purple jerseys "unavailable until after arbitrary moratorium."

1 hour ago, JELKK said:

I couldnt find a good picture but I noticed that on the hornets throwback jersey, hidden slightly under the ad patch, is a sublimated NBA logo referencing back when the NBA logo was on the front, very easy to miss but nice subtle design by nike.

You've got keen eye, but this what you saw is an undershirt. :)

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

I have no idea why you would think that in this season. There's no respect for law and order anymore.

There hasn’t been a debacle this season like the orange vs. red Knicks/Hawks game back in 2013, so I think the league, and the teams, are smart enough to realize that matchups with such similar hues need to be avoided, especially now that teams have more freedom picking the uniforms they wear on any given night, meaning there’s a much larger possibility of clashes. The closest we’ve come this season so far is kelly green vs. royal blue, and that really doesn’t even compare to, say, a red vs. orange matchup or light blue vs. royal blue.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

There hasn’t been a debacle this season like the orange vs. red Knicks/Hawks game back in 2013, so I think the league, and the teams, are smart enough to realize that matchups with such similar hues need to be avoided, especially now that teams have more freedom picking the uniforms they wear on any given night, meaning there’s a much larger possibility of clashes. The closest we’ve come this season so far is kelly green vs. royal blue, and that really doesn’t even compare to, say, a red vs. orange matchup or light blue vs. royal blue.

I thought this was pretty egregious, but escaped notice because no one cares about the Pistons:

QyZmPKv.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I thought this was pretty egregious, but escaped notice because no one cares about the Pistons:

QyZmPKv.jpg

That was pretty bad, but still doesn’t really compare to a red vs. orange matchup or something like light blue vs. royal blue. And even if we might get a few games this season with less than ideal contrast, I really doubt we’ll get any matchups with such similar hues as red vs. orange, light blue vs. royal blue, etc. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I had been waiting for this moment ever since Charlotte officially announced they were bringing back the Hornets brand in 2014. Three years later, we finally got to see these beautiful retro unis in action and they did not disappoint...

171115_vscle02.jpg?itok=Ppm2H3Os

171115_vscle04.jpg?itok=nhMBwKLv

Sure, they lost... But man did they look good doing it.

Color on color game in Miami last night, with the Heat in their throwbacks again:

DOt54GlXkAMCmE0?format=jpg

My favorite matchup of the night was Lakers/Sixers, though. Just a really beautiful matchup between the Lakers’ baby blue throwbacks and the Sixers’ classic looking white uniforms:

DOu2U6KUQAAuG0i?format=jpgDOuxFPgUMAI7Ahb?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Color on color game in Miami last night, with the Heat in their throwbacks again:

DOt54GlXkAMCmE0?format=jpg

My favorite matchup of the night was Lakers/Sixers, though. Just a really beautiful matchup between the Lakers’ baby blue throwbacks and the Sixers’ classic looking white uniforms:

DOu2U6KUQAAuG0i?format=jpgDOuxFPgUMAI7Ahb?format=jpg

So Miami essentially wearing the throwbacks most of the time now.  I haven't even seen a schedule for when they are supposed to be worn.  Only ones I have seen is Golden State and the Lakers

1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

So Miami essentially wearing the throwbacks most of the time now.  I haven't even seen a schedule for when they are supposed to be worn.  Only ones I have seen is Golden State and the Lakers

Miami has worn their throwbacks in 6 of the 8 games they've played since debuting them. They wore white in the other two.

Archived