NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Old guy speaking here, but is the early '00s now considered "old school?" Asking so I can brace myself for the resulting mental trauma.

To kids who were less than 5 years old during that era, yes it is. (I work with college students and anything that happened prior to 2010 is decidedly old school/throwback in their eyes).

On 11/21/2017 at 8:05 AM, keynote said:

Well, my idea for a "Chocolate City"-themed jersey may not fly.  :)  I guess any other ideas would either be too obscure/abstract (not sure how to pull off a go-go themed jersey), or just as tourist-centric as the marble (e.g., cherry blossoms).

FWIW, Adidas once released a cherry blossom-themed colorway of John Wall's signature shoe:

What about a half-smoke?

Was browsing on real sports today (raptors offical store) and saw this

https://shop.realsports.ca/collections/jerseys-1/products/icon-swingman-jersey-sun-life-patch

Show your patch in-store to receive 10% off your purchase in RSA for the rest of the season (must be wearing your jersey with the patch at the time of your transaction).

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

59 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The Bulls in white on the road looks so, so wrong.

It was probably the color distribution but for some reason I was completely okay with last nights Bulls/Lakers game. It just looked good despite my current dislike of teams wearing white in Los Angeles.

usa_today_10430344.0.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It was probably the color distribution but for some reason I was completely okay with last nights Bulls/Lakers game. It just looked good despite my current dislike of teams wearing white in Los Angeles.

usa_today_10430344.0.jpg

My thoughts exactly. It looks strange, but it doesn’t look bad. I hope this isn’t just because I’m getting used to it?!

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Kings just posted this on their online store calling it the "Hyperlocal" basketball. I'm betting they will use this logo on the community uniform. ff_2851412alt1_full.jpg&w=4500&q=80

It was confirmed by Conrad that the logo is indeed connected to the powder blue Community uniform.

bSLCtu2.png

19 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Early 2000s is old school now? 

*sheds single tear*

Chicago just got an old-school hip-hop station. They play "Lose Yourself" and "Yeah." I wanted to die.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It was confirmed by Conrad that the logo is indeed connected to the powder blue Community uniform.

This logo on the ball has flipped colors. It also has their current wordmark in those colors. I wonder if we will see that in some capacity on the uniform. SAC_city1.png

Archived