NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Nets really need to redesign their set and model them after these:

DPaqQDYXUAEkSdk?format=jpg

And frankly, I wouldn’t even mind if they made the primary colored uniform anthracite rather than black, although I would prefer a full Brooklyn wordmark rather than BKLYN. Add white and black versions, and maybe a RWB fauxback version, and they’d have a really solid set.

I think this looks way better than the old one...

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

There are so many different variables there that make it a terribly inaccurate way of comparing the two. Different cameras (and different camera technology for that matter), different lighting conditions, different materials, etc.

I got more pictures to show

X38u4DB.png

o2J9m9H.png

c6GnOpJ.jpg

rgbL930.png

Again credit to the person from the lakers subreddit

4ffh6gt.png

You can post 10,000 pictures if you want, but until a 2000 jersey is right next to a 2017 jersey in the same picture, we’ll never know the actual difference due to all the variables that Jonah listed.

o5cgnz-b88683196z.120160408190721000ghif

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That anthracite on the Nets uniforms is awful, especially when paired with black trim. It looks like faded black that is the result of cheap fabric or bad detergent. Hard pass on those ABA-inspired alts as well. Even if there is a historical precedent, we have enough stars and stripes teams now. We don't need another team making it into an alt.

Over the last decade, no one ever said, "hey, do the Lakers look kind of pale to you?" That's because the Lakers didn't look pale. Not until this year. 

And I'm sure the purple will have something similarly wrong with it too. If your m.o. is change for change's sake, then all you've got is seeking out minor things to tweak just so people will notice you did something.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

26 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Over the last decade, no one ever said, "hey, do the Lakers look kind of pale to you?" That's because the Lakers didn't look pale. Not until this year. 

Nike's not saying they are using the same shade as the last 10 years.  They noted Reebok/Adidas changed it from the original 2000 jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That Lonzo Ball picture reminds me. A lot of players jerseys have been coming untucked this year. It's because Nike has made them shorter to match like a standard t-shirt. It's perfectly fine for fans to wear since extra long jerseys were never for everyone (it's why i stopped wearing jerseys long ago), but i feel like for on court only the "length +2" is needed. 

Of course the lighting makes a difference. No one is arguing otherwise.

But eventually you have to believe what your eyes are saying. And my eyes are saying the Lakers look like garbage.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Did you not see those pics? The second one of Magic is a brighter yellow and the first one of Lonzo is a darker yellow. Try watching highlights of the Lakers

As the players move around the court, their jersey colors change slightly... that is a direct result of the lighting and if someone takes a photo at an exact moment, the uniform colors might be slightly different because of the lighting. 

You also have to consider the difference that HD makes. Back in the 80s the Lakers home uniforms looked bright yellow on TV.

Does this Nike gold for the Lakers match 2016? 2001? 1988? How about this: No matter what it matches from the past, here in 2017, people don't like this color and nobody had a problem with what adidas used last year. There was no reason to change it other than Nike has to Nike. This is what they do. See: Michigan, UNC, the Browns, and on and on.

I really like how the Pacers’ Statement uniforms look from the front, but I’m not sure I like the sublimated pattern on the back. I think it would’ve looked much better if the pattern was just limited to the back of the jersey, like Nike’s old college and international jerseys, instead of continuing onto the shorts as well.DPcTbpQX0AATl_7?format=jpg

DPcbfQPW0AAMFB_?format=png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I do believe Nike about the 2000 jerseys.

I always thought the Adidas versions were more gold like they say.

Look up any video of the early 2000 Lakers in gold and they look pretty bright.

Maybe the fact that they have been wearing the golds on the road contrasting with darker surroundings is amplifying the brightness.

Just like they do for the throwbacks, the Warriors have a new center court logo to correspond with their Statement uniforms, which they’re debuting tonight.

DPgTtrhUMAA3Evy?format=jpg

Here’s a video showing them swapping out the throwback logo for the “The Town” logo:

Pretty nice, although they should’ve arched the Warriors wordmark on the bottom of the inside of the circle. As it is, it just looks a bit awkward. Plus, there’s hardly any blue on the uniform, so it would’ve been better to swap the colors of the center court logo (but leave “The Town” blue, obviously).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I still find it funny how they're on this "we're proud of Oakland! Really!" kick two years before they abandon them.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the design and the (very late) commitment to it, but it just feels like a way to soften the blow instead of actually being proud of Oakland and the East Bay.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

3 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

I still find it funny how they're on this "we're proud of Oakland! Really!" kick two years before they abandon them.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the design and the (very late) commitment to it, but it just feels like a way to soften the blow instead of actually being proud of Oakland and the East Bay.

That is exactly it. If they loved Oakland so much they wouldn't have left or waited this long to show the love. And the cash grab is going to make the pain hurt less. 

Go A's!

Archived