NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tohasbo said:

AGREED.  Those belong back in the 1990s.  They finally have the look in the right direction.  By going back to that, it is a MAJOR step backward

Just making sure: you know that they're not actually going with those, right?

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

4 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Dressing in all black is rarely a sign of maturity :P

Touché

most-interesting-man-Goldsmith.jpg

I was referring more to the style than the color; no bells, whistles, forced typographic details... basically the opposite of the Cavs uniform. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

N

O

P

L

E

A

S

E

N

O

Ha ha I knew that my opinion on that would be unpopular. But I would love a uniform in homage to the early Iverson days. A guilty pleasure take for sure. However,  I do love their current identity. 

2 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Ha ha I knew that my opinion on that would be unpopular. But I would love a uniform in homage to the early Iverson days. A guilty pleasure take for sure. However,  I do love their current identity. 

I'm kind of surprised another team hasn't picked up the red-black-gold- color scheme since the Sixers dropped it. 

10 hours ago, O.C.D said:

I'm kind of surprised another team hasn't picked up the red-black-gold- color scheme since the Sixers dropped it. 

I mean, the Raptors have used gold with their red and black before to try and get Drake's approval...

ExJworW.png

Once again, two color on color games last night. In LA, the Clippers debuted their black Statement uniforms against the gold-clad Jazz:

5a20f2c60afe8.image.jpg?resize=1200,1302

And in Portland, the Blazers debuted their red Statement uniforms against the black-clad Bucks:

usa_today_10449096.0.jpg

Even though my Blazers lost, I found myself really enjoying how the Statement uniforms looked on the court. The red and black looked really sharp, as did the five tonal stripes on the sash, and even though there was a slight legibility issue with the names and numbers, it wasn’t as big a deal as I had initially expected. I was a bit dissapointed they didn’t go with the matching red and black socks, however.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I really like the look of these color-on-color games involving the Statement jerseys. I think the accessories being a secondary color helps the look and makes it feel a little less like NBA Color Rush. The biggest thing I'd change is some of the jerseys' front designs -- off the top of my head, especially the Clippers and Spurs. 

1 hour ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

I really like the look of these color-on-color games involving the Statement jerseys. I think the accessories being a secondary color helps the look and makes it feel a little less like NBA Color Rush. The biggest thing I'd change is some of the jerseys' front designs -- off the top of my head, especially the Clippers and Spurs. 

While I don't like the Bucks black jerseys that much, it was good to see a few guys wearing green accessories with that set.  Made everything look much more balanced.

On 11/30/2017 at 6:17 PM, mgfoxx said:

Why a team in the nation's capital thought that black, red and gold as a color scheme would work, I have no idea.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

9 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Why a team in the nation's capital thought that black, red and gold as a color scheme would work, I have no idea.

Um ... http://bfy.tw/FLPv

But, with that said -- I agree on the blue, gold and black that Caps and Wizards wore.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

While I don't like the Bucks black jerseys that much, it was good to see a few guys wearing green accessories with that set.  Made everything look much more balanced.

To date, teams have worn mismatching lower body accessories (tights and/or socks) 33 of the 43 times (76.7%) they've worn the Statement uniforms. By contrast, they're only mismatching with the Association sets .4% (1/266) of the time - Spurs wore black accessories with white uniforms on 10/27. They've mismatched 2.3% (7/305) of the time with Icon and 15% (3/20) with Classic.

40 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Every Washington team does not have to use red, white, and blue.

1984 Topps USFL #128 Craig James Front

But, they SHOULD ...

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 11/28/2017 at 8:56 AM, upperV03 said:

The Spurs debuted their Statement uniforms last night:

DPsOACOWAAAhzhY?format=jpg

Not sure if it's the angle, but did the spur on the jersey shrink? 

PRE NIKE:

newspurs1.jpg

kimball banner.png

1 hour ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Why a team in the nation's capital Philadelphia thought that black, red and gold as a color scheme would work, I have no idea.

To be fair, the actual colors of the Liberty Bell in colonial times were black, dark red/brown and gold before it aged...

libertybellrgb_p.png

fge4lf9ridpgum631fb0gg9tt.gif

YVRMUBj.png

Archived