Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, kimball said:

 

Not sure if it's the angle, but did the spur on the jersey shrink? 

 

PRE NIKE:

 

newspurs1.jpg

Sure looks like it did. They also shrank the front numbers on the Home & Away jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

Every Washington team does not have to use red, white, and blue.

1984 Topps USFL #128 Craig James Front

 

Might be one of the few DC color schemes that has absolutely no connection to the city.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

Might be one of the few DC color schemes that has absolutely no connection to the city.  

 

Y'ALL. Both the Federals' and the blue/black/gold Caps/Wizards' color schemes absolutely have a connection to the city.

 

What's an iconic symbol of the Federal Government? Green paper money! It's as Washington, D.C. as you could get. An incredible color scheme for the capital.

 

What's an iconic symbol of the Federal Government? The Seal of the President of the United States! It's midnight blue and gold. Another incredible color scheme for the District. 

 

Also, the Nationals could get rid of the blue in their color scheme and it would be just fine. Because the flag of the District of Columbia. D.C. is obviously a good spot for a red/white/blue color scheme, but it isn't necessary. So many good options are available. Now, if you're team name is patriotic in a more flag-waving sense (76ers, Revolution, Patriots.duh) maybe red/white/blue is the best scheme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kimball said:

 

Um ... http://bfy.tw/FLPv

 

But, with that said -- I agree on the blue, gold and black that Caps and Wizards wore.

Aw, I'm dumb. :P

 

Well, it was at one point.  What I meant was that the Sixers were so deeply entrenched in r/w/b that going away from it was a huge mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Washington's new G-League team will be the Capital City Go-Go.

 

NW5rezwG_400x400.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeFrank said:

 

Y'ALL. Both the Federals' and the blue/black/gold Caps/Wizards' color schemes absolutely have a connection to the city.

 

What's an iconic symbol of the Federal Government? Green paper money! It's as Washington, D.C. as you could get. An incredible color scheme for the capital.

 

What's an iconic symbol of the Federal Government? The Seal of the President of the United States! It's midnight blue and gold. Another incredible color scheme for the District. 

 

Also, the Nationals could get rid of the blue in their color scheme and it would be just fine. Because the flag of the District of Columbia. D.C. is obviously a good spot for a red/white/blue color scheme, but it isn't necessary. So many good options are available. Now, if you're team name is patriotic in a more flag-waving sense (76ers, Revolution, Patriots.duh) maybe red/white/blue is the best scheme. 

 

Green and black schemes like the Federals are barely related to the color of money. 

 

The Caps/Wizards colors were likely chosen because of the Seal of the United States Congress.  The Presidential seal uses a darker midnight blue than the Congressional version, and the Congressional Seal is slightly less hyper-partisan than the Presidential seal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigEd76 said:

Washington's new G-League team will be the Capital City Go-Go.

 

NW5rezwG_400x400.jpg

Wait. Seriously? WTF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigEd76 said:

Washington's new G-League team will be the Capital City Go-Go.

 

NW5rezwG_400x400.jpg

I *love* the name.  It's a way to pay homage to the culture of the city without resorting to tired references to the federal government.   I even like the conga graphic.  

 

That said, the word mark and the rest of the logo feels phoned in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigEd76 said:

Washington's new G-League team will be the Capital City Go-Go.

 

NW5rezwG_400x400.jpg

Wake me up before you "Go Go"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LakeShow24 said:

I was talking about the Wham song but ok

I get that; I was providing context about what the team name actually refers to.  The genre of go-go predates the Wham! single.  

 

In any event, the primary logo isn't great, but whew, that secondary is a thing of beauty.  I'm cised.  :)

 

secondary.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

Green and black schemes like the Federals are barely related to the color of money. 

 

The Caps/Wizards colors were likely chosen because of the Seal of the United States Congress.  The Presidential seal uses a darker midnight blue than the Congressional version, and the Congressional Seal is slightly less hyper-partisan than the Presidential seal.

 

What is partisan about the congressional seal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigEd76 said:

Washington's new G-League team will be the Capital City Go-Go.

 

NW5rezwG_400x400.jpg

This needs to Go-Go.  Quickly.

 

For a team of professional athletes, I expected more.  But I guess this is what we get from a league named after GATORADE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

Green and black schemes like the Federals are barely related to the color of money. 

 

The Caps/Wizards colors were likely chosen because of the Seal of the United States Congress.  The Presidential seal uses a darker midnight blue than the Congressional version, and the Congressional Seal is slightly less hyper-partisan than the Presidential seal.

I thought that it was just because the owner liked the color scheme.  But maybe there's something I'm missing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who do I think of Go-go? This guy.

how-to-Gogo-Dodo-from-Tiny-Toon-Adventur

 

Who do U think U R? Yes, I'm daring someone to recolor this Tiny-Toon classic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was one of the things I thought of for Go Go...

ae4fe075e25cd7de87bdbd9b38f4a0f1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

Green and black schemes like the Federals are barely related to the color of money. 

 

The Caps/Wizards colors were likely chosen because of the Seal of the United States Congress.  The Presidential seal uses a darker midnight blue than the Congressional version, and the Congressional Seal is slightly less hyper-partisan than the Presidential seal.

 

The Washington Federals were definitely treasury themed I think!

 

nobody has ever seen the congressional seal? Definitely a presidential thing it’s way more visible in daily life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

 

What is partisan about the congressional seal?

 

The seal isn’t partisan in itself...giving a nod to Congress is seemingly more bipartisan than the one-party executive branch at any given time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.