NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

1 hour ago, jmatt116 said:

LOL I get the "town" jerseys to an extent, but the community jerseys are like the black red and yellow chinese new year jerseys LMAO

This year the CNY uniforms are yellow with blue and red accents, not black, red, and yellow.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, coachcw_51 said:

Now that we're more than 25% of the way through the season, I have uploaded some of the graphs I've put together showing league-wide and team-specific uniform stats to a new flickr page. Feel free to check it out. I've tried uploading a few here but for some reason can't get the URL to upload.

Great work. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

16 minutes ago, kimball said:

Huh.

Yup, you seem to be correct ...

glen-rice-of-the-miami-heat-shoots-again

Yet, the logo would be the correct one for their red alternates ...

tim-hardaway-dan-majerle-and-issac-austi

Sort of...this year's throwbacks have the cutout in the rim area, whereas the old alternates had all white twill.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, jmatt116 said:

why are throwbacks always better than the current jerseys. i.e. 2017-2018 nike: I like Hornets, Heat, Warriors, Bucks, Suns, and Hawks throwbacks more than the current. Lakers is a toss up cause I love them both, Pacers is a toss up because i like neither of them.

Because Nike is stupid.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

2 hours ago, colortv said:

Heat should go back to this logo:

9e437e6659a1ffe79e08ec5bd401cfcf.jpg

931fa1e64a5cb7ffd1568b2109bfd5c0.image.2

Miami-Heat-Logo-Wallpaper-HD.jpg

The current logo is fine; Heat should just bring back orange and the brighter red.

2 hours ago, colortv said:

Heat should go back to this logo:

9e437e6659a1ffe79e08ec5bd401cfcf.jpg

931fa1e64a5cb7ffd1568b2109bfd5c0.image.2

Miami-Heat-Logo-Wallpaper-HD.jpg

I believe the change was made because they couldn't replicate the gradient well on the merchandise. Graphics wise -- I love the original logo much better than the current one. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

11 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

I am very surprised that the "City" uniforms haven't dropped yet...

I believe it will be right before Christmas? 

kimball banner.png

4 minutes ago, coachcw_51 said:

Some teams are scheduled to wear them around Christmas. I'd imagine they'll be released prior to that. The Hawks are planning on releasing their design during halftime of their game on 12/14 according to this article: Jeezy to Partner with Hawks

Maybe it's a bad assumption, but it seems pretty logical that most of the other city unis would be unveiled next week as well.

3 hours ago, coachcw_51 said:

Some teams are scheduled to wear them around Christmas. I'd imagine they'll be released prior to that. The Hawks are planning on releasing their design during halftime of their game on 12/14 according to this article: Jeezy to Partner with Hawks

Oh, so it's on a team-by-team basis?  Okay.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

4 hours ago, coachcw_51 said:

*Jeezy* to partner with the Hawks? 

The Atlanta Hawks have chosen homegrown superstar Jeezy to unveil the club’s Nike “City Edition” jerseys, today announcing the hip-hop titan will debut the new threads during a halftime performance against the Detroit Pistons on Friday, Dec. 14.

A "hip-hop titan"?  I mean, I guess.  I didn't realize he was still a thing.  Either way, he's yet another musician who won't qualify for the infamous "Rockers not Rappers" thread. 

:rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Oh, so it's on a team-by-team basis?  Okay.

It'll be interesting to see how and when all the 4th jerseys will be unveiled, because as noted already the T'Wolves won't wear their gray alts until Feb. 1.

It's safe to assume there won't be a fashion show event like when the third jerseys were unveiled.

kimball banner.png

5 minutes ago, kimball said:

It'll be interesting to see how and when all the 4th jerseys will be unveiled, because as noted already the T'Wolves won't wear their gray alts until Feb. 1.

It's safe to assume there won't be a fashion show event like when the third jerseys were unveiled.

Everything about the unveilings seems really unorganized. Formal events mixed in with "meh, whenever is good for you."

Archived