Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

There’s also this:

This article in addition to getting closer to Star Wars coming out this week has made my day even sweeter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, keynote said:

I don't like the marble effect either.  But, seeing as it's likely to just be part of the trim, I hope it won't be too much of an eyesore.

 

As I commented on the blog post itself, I noticed that the Wizards' "District" unis will only have one ball dotting an "i" instead of two as depicted in the initial mockup.  That's an improvement; I thought having two balls for "i" dots felt like overkill. 


I still don't like the "of Columbia."

 

I think the marble effect will look better on a jersey than a hat.  I thought the two balls for dotted i's would look cool, but I'm okay with one.

 

I think Miami and maybe the Clippers will look the best.

 

And I wish these hats were offered in other styles than 9Fifty Snapbacks.  Some of us like 39thirties/low pro 59fifties.

 

Also, kudos to Conrad for his concepts...there’s not really any surprises in these hats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chicago 

Miami

Clippers

and.......Magic! 

Those are my pics in order of what I'm looking forward to the most in an exciting way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Clippers will have white, blue, black, and baby blue uniforms and their court is primarily red.

 

Sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TaylorMade said:

So the Clippers will have white, blue, black, and baby blue uniforms and their court is primarily red.

 

Sure.

Same deal for the Pistons. Red court, gray is a tertiary color, and navy isn’t even in the color scheme anymore; yet gray and navy are the two alternate jerseys..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

So the Clippers will have white, blue, black, and baby blue uniforms and their court is primarily red.

 

Sure.

 

17 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

Same deal for the Pistons. Red court, gray is a tertiary color, and navy isn’t even in the color scheme anymore; yet gray and navy are the two alternate jerseys..

 

 

I don't have any stats to back this up, but I would guess that jerseys (and clothes in general) in "calmer" colors like gray, navy, blue, and black sell WAY better than red jerseys.

 

They let red dominate their courts because it's an intense, energetic, emotional, and attention-grabbing color.  

 

So it makes sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

I think the marble effect will look better on a jersey than a hat.  I thought the two balls for dotted i's would look cool, but I'm okay with one.

 

I think Miami and maybe the Clippers will look the best.

 

And I wish these hats were offered in other styles than 9Fifty Snapbacks.  Some of us like 39thirties/low pro 59fifties.

 

Also, kudos to Conrad for his concepts...there’s not really any surprises in these hats. 

I imagine that they will end up with the curved bill style soon. The statement hats are now offered in that variety. 

https://www.neweracap.com/search/?text=STATEMENT#

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Through end of day Sunday:

  •  Current longest streak for wearing the same uniform is at 6 games (Rockets - black, Timberwolves - navy)
  • Kings and Knicks have not played any color v. color games
  • Pistons, Timberwolves, 76ers have not debuted Statement uniform
  • Knicks (69% of games) have worn Association uniform more frequently than any other team
  • Timberwolves (74%) have worn Icon uniform more frequently than any other team
  • Rockets (25%) have worn Statement uniform more frequently than any other team
  • Heat (48%) have worn Classic uniform more frequently than any other team
  • Rockets and Celtics have played the most color v. color games (9).
  • 53% of games have been traditional (home team in white), 33% have been inverted (road team in white), and 14% have been color v. color

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MkDon said:

6UwMit8.jpg

Everything about this photo angers me.

-Wizards are the AWAY team wearing White.

-Clippers are the HOME team wearing Blue.

-Little to no blue on the court, GG Clippers.

-FOX Scorebug has the Cilppers Red and the Wizards Blue WHEN IT SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re City Edition:

Can't believe I missed this, but in September the Sixers put out their City Edition schedule and their first game is December 21st... 

Quote

The City Edition jerseys will join the Association Edition (home), Icon Edition (road), and Statement Edition jerseys this season.

Below is a list of games for the "Spirit of 76" campaign where the special jerseys and court will be featured.

Thursday, Dec. 21 vs. Toronto Raptors

Friday, Jan. 5 vs. Detroit Pistons 

Friday, Feb. 2 vs. Miami Heat

Friday, Feb. 9 vs. New Orleans Pelicans 

Friday, March 2 vs. Charlotte Hornets

Friday, March 16 vs. Brooklyn Nets

Friday, April 6 vs. Cleveland Cavaliers 

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/the700level/sixers-play-new-court-design-wear-special-city-edition-jerseys-old-school-bell

So the City Editions would have to be unveiled sometime this weekend or next week probably

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did Clippers insist on randomly adding black? Their unis should be, white, navy, red, and baby blue. Sucks they won't have a red uniform (allegedly). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Froob said:

Why did Clippers insist on randomly adding black? Their unis should be, white, navy, red, and baby blue. Sucks they won't have a red uniform (allegedly). 

 

I think they look better with black. Their logos are still not the best, but I definitely enjoy their brand with this season's updated uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need the Clips and the Cavs to get together and decide which will use blue (not black) and which will use black (not blue).

 

I also need the scorebug designers of North America's regional sports networks to step up their game, if color-v-color is going to be the thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a3f136fee96842c79ed28556e6482760.jpg

DQzCpGYXkAAHFmC?format=jpg

 

I'm very surprised no one is talking about the Kings debuting their Global court yesterday vs Toronto! Looks impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

a3f136fee96842c79ed28556e6482760.jpg

DQzCpGYXkAAHFmC?format=jpg

 

I'm very surprised no one is talking about the Kings debuting their Global court yesterday vs Toronto! Looks impressive.

 

I'm a big fan of that logo. If i was a kings fan i would love a cap or jacket of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

a3f136fee96842c79ed28556e6482760.jpg

DQzCpGYXkAAHFmC?format=jpg

 

I'm very surprised no one is talking about the Kings debuting their Global court yesterday vs Toronto! Looks impressive.

 

I thought about it. But, I was wore disappointed that the Raptors weren't wearing red jerseys. And, it wasn't worth the effort.

 

Anyways, now we're here ...

 

I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, insert name said:

Everything about this photo angers me.

-Wizards are the AWAY team wearing White.

-Clippers are the HOME team wearing Blue.

-Little to no blue on the court, GG Clippers.

-FOX Scorebug has the Cilppers Red and the Wizards Blue WHEN IT SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!! 

If I was flippling channels, I'd swear that this was a Bulls-Clippers game in Chicago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang, this looks to be a little more red than burnt orange. I'm hoping that the actual uniforms are closer to Conrad's mockup. DQz_ssdVoAAuKC6?format=jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the logo on the side of the cap..... but yeah. Red for the Jazz makes no sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.