NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

15 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Heard from a Person Who Knows Things today that production on the City edition jerseys is delayed. They were supposed to be released at retail this month, but that's not happening now. 

Hell you can't even get a lot of the statement jerseys, Celts one isn't available. Nike and the NBA have done a really bad job with this. Hope they will be ready for the teams to wear. They gotta be introduced to the public soon I would think...

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

No Christmas jerseys this year. 

So they're playing naked? Just kidding. Are they wearing their own teams' jerseys or reusing last year's or what?

26 minutes ago, sayahh said:

So they're playing naked? Just kidding. Are they wearing their own teams' jerseys or reusing last year's or what?

They can't reuse last year's.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, sayahh said:

No. The emphasis at least this year is on the switch to Nike jerseys and four "editions." 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, kimball said:

No. The emphasis at least this year is on the switch to Nike jerseys and four "editions." 

Thanks.  For a second I was thinking that the Christmas games were special like the All Star Game seeing how we're used to seeing special jerseys worn (or mock-ups made for all teams, even those not playing on Christmas) but yeah, it's just a regular season game, after all.

11 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Thanks.  For a second I was thinking that the Christmas games were special like the All Star Game seeing how we're used to seeing special jerseys worn (or mock-ups made for all teams, even those not playing on Christmas) but yeah, it's just a regular season game, after all.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nike brings them back eventually. It seems like the Community jerseys will be featured on Christmas tho ...

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

For the life of me I can't figure out how to get an image to post on here, but Jeremy Lamb wore a black leg sleeve and tights last night, while the rest of the Hornets wore white. This is the first time that I have noticed anything like that with any team or individual this season.

1 hour ago, coachcw_51 said:

For the life of me I can't figure out how to get an image to post on here, but Jeremy Lamb wore a black leg sleeve and tights last night, while the rest of the Hornets wore white. This is the first time that I have noticed anything like that with any team or individual this season.

You’ll have to use imigur or photobucket from now on. Inserting photos was too much money

Excellent!

9 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

DuE2BEc.png

how to ruin a good uniform

I see at least 5 problems with what WAS a good uniform ...

1) White shirt under the jersey.

2) Jordan logo.

3) Sponsor logo.

4) Thick pinstripes.

5) Form-fitting cut jersey.

If I was going to rank those by offense the sponsor logo would be #1. But, I'm too lazy to go back and rank them.

kimball banner.png

9 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

DuE2BEc.png

how to ruin a good uniform

I normally don't mind the compression pants/colored socks, etc...but with this uniform, white socks and black shoes should be mandatory. I wish they would go through that extra effort for throwbacks, kinda like the lakers did the short shorts...for a half...a few years ago. 

Someone found the Pacers’ City uniform on 2K:

Looks like the yellow vertical stripe might have the sublimated checkerboard pattern that was on the bill of the City edition hat. The numbers are excessively big, but overall I like the design of these much better than the primary uniforms. Anyways, I’m just glad they’re finally going with some sort of racing influence again, even if it is just for an alternate.

Edit- And here’s Conrad with a look at (almost) all of the City edition jerseys:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Good:

Blazers

Bulls

Celtics

Clippers

Knicks

Nets

Sixers

Warriors

Bad:

Cavs

Hornets

Nuggets

Pelicans (is that an error with the numbers?)

Pistons

Thunder

So close:

Lakers (purple...add purple...)

Wizards (white number looks terrible)

Wolves (green and blue need to be somewhere)

Mavericks (just put DALLAS on there, not the abbreviation for Delta Airlines)

Conrad's concepts (many of which were spot on) are better than the actual jerseys in a few cases.  Might have to get a Magic jersey, as it could be one of those "cool/odd/ugly collectibles" in a few years.

AND DAMMIT NIKE, JUST UNVEIL THEM ALREADY.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived