Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Based on the 2K leaked images, these fall into 4 categories for me:

1. Decent (would be "good" but I hate the Nike cut that eliminates the arm hole trim from going all the way around in the back):

Chicago, Boston, Clippers, and Piladelphia

2. Meh, I'm not impressed but I don't hate 'em:

Portland, Cleveland, Memphis, Lakers, and Houston

3. Ugly:

Milwaukee, Charlotte, Dallas, Brooklyn, Denver, Indiana, Detroit, San Antonio, Phoenix, OKC, Golden State, Washington, and Minnesota

4. WTAF?!:

Atlanta, Utah, Sacramento, Knicks, Orlando, and New Orleans

Utah's are...something else. The color balance (a darker yellow to orange) looks a lot better than the initial mockups. These might be good for a team named the St. George DustDevils, but I'm not so sure about the Utah Jazz, who have never worn any trace of red or orange (unless the copper on the black alts or current gold counts) ever:

Edited by DustDevil61
Ever

The Nets jersey looks a lot better with the pinstripe-motif honestly. It makes the bridge-connection much more obvious for someone like me who was unfamiliar with it

Am I nuts, or is the trim on the Clippers' jersey orange instead of the red that was used on the leaked hats?

APAYluf.png

Anyway...

Like: Clippers (especially if they're using the real San Diego-era color scheme), Bucks, Blazers, Bulls, Pacers, Pelicans (hopefully that's just a glitch on the numbers), Hawks, Warriors

Meh: Cavs, Celtics, Grizzlies, Jazz, Kings, Nuggets, Rockets, Wizards (navy or red numbers would have elevated this to the "like" category), Wolves

Dislike: Hornets, Lakers, Pistons, Spurs, Suns, Sixers (that script is more appropriate for a wedding invitation than a sports team), Nets

WTF: Knicks, Magic, Mavs (they look like a low-budget college program trying to be trendy), Thunder

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Someone found the Pacers’ City uniform on 2K:

Looks like the yellow vertical stripe might have the sublimated checkerboard pattern that was on the bill of the City edition hat. The numbers are excessively big, but overall I like the design of these much better than the primary uniforms. Anyways, I’m just glad they’re finally going with some sort of racing influence again, even if it is just for an alternate.

Edit- And here’s Conrad with a look at (almost) all of the City edition jerseys:

I don't like the execution of the Thunder's Community jerseys, but I really like the idea of OKC using gray in their color scheme (particularly replacing their navy blue).

14 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Am I nuts, or is the trim on the Clippers' jersey orange instead of the red that was used on the leaked hats?

APAYluf.png

I sure hope it's orange. This needs to be made the Clippers' palette stat (OKC notwithstanding).

On 10.12.2017 at 11:55 PM, pepis21 said:

Rockets, another jersey with CNY motive, I hope they'd going with something cool rather than slap Chinese logo on a regular jersey and call it a day.

W9pceXg.jpg

Pluck you Rockets! Lazy asses...

What about others:

Bucks - Called it an equivalent of Nuggets Rainbow jersey.

Blazers - Mockup looks much better.

Bulls - I'm a big fan of that.

Cavaliers - More yellow will be better move and they have side stripes similair to Nuggets.

Celtics - Still prefer St. Pats jersey, but is not that bad, I'd only keep trims from mockup.

Clippers -  It looks very promise.

Grizzlies - I'd like to know story behind that uniforms.

Hawks - I quote myself: "Lack of red, but good Idea".

Hornets - Damn you Jordan! They only thing you need to do is cut sleeves not change everything.

Jazz - Tequilla Sunrise!

Kings - Like I'm said with the 1st part of mockups, Sacramento wordmark would be a better idea.

Knicks - Side stripies and trims mimics firefighters uniforms, They choose intresting way to incorporate logo into jersey.

Lakers - They only thing is change from mockup to this one is purple trim and smaller pattern.

Magic - Better than mockup, but still strange.

Mavericks - It looks like they completly have no idea what they want to do.

Nets - Adding a Bridge lines made that jersey too busy, but screw that I like it.

Nuggets - We want Baby Blue!

Pacers - Very retroish look, I like it, but How the hell I'm supposed to do this for 2k14? The only base for that shine like a dog's balls.

Pelicans - What the hell is wrong with numbers? Otherwhise is good.

Pistons - Reinstated Chrome jersey, but in reversal colors and other wordmark.

76ers - Nothing amazing, nothing bad, just a good jersey.

Spurs - Better than mockup, anyway for the next time don't forget about Fiesta.

Suns - Don't know what to think about that.

Thunder -  Not a fan.

Timberwolves - No green, No blue?

Warriors - I like a mockup and I like real version.

Wizards - Make numbers red or navy.

Waiting for Miami and Raptors. I hope someone save them too.

What is the Knicks one supposed to reference? The Fire Department or Police Department? It looks like the Chicago Fire logo

And the Memphis ones are based of the Sanitation Strike of 1968? That seems completely random, no?

Some of these could be so much better with simple changes like adding teal/purple to the Hornets.

The Nets jersey actually looks better than I thought with the bridge wiring on it.

I might be in the minority on this, but I need that Bucks jersey today.

Also, Atlanta's whole identity reeks of trying too hard to be hip/futuristic...and boy does their jersey prove it. Who asked for a basketball version of those terrible MLB Turn Ahead The Clock jerseys?

I think those jersey numbers might be beveled.  That, or they have the same marble print as the side panels.  I would've dug 'em but for the extraneous "of Columbia."

10 minutes ago, keynote said:

I think those jersey numbers might be beveled.  That, or they have the same marble print as the side panels.  I would've dug 'em but for the extraneous "of Columbia."

??? the place is literally called the "District of Columbia." It's not Washington, D. It's Washington, D.C.!

16 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

??? the place is literally called the "District of Columbia." It's not Washington, D. It's Washington, D.C.!

So what?  People use the phrase "the District" -- it's not as commonly-used as "DC," but it's not a made-up moniker, either.  It's more like "The Town" or "The City" than "Buzz City," for example. 

In any event, this jersey has *21* letters on the front.  A bit much, no?  Has there ever been an NBA jersey with *that* many letters on the front?  Off the top of my head:  the Vancouver Grizzlies' and Spirits of St. Louis jerseys come close.

The Clippers is the only one I fully, legitimately like. The Lakers I respect, only for bringing back their classic drop-shadows. Chicago's is just alright. The Knicks, Magic, Warriors & Thunder are trying WAY too hard with theirs, and the Cavs, Celtics, Grizzlies & Hornets aren't trying hard enough!

As for the Pelicans, I like the colour scheme (though the fact that they still use it better than the Jazz, AKA the team who's colours are actually purple(ish), gold & green, is pretty funny to me), but
Pelicans-city.png
this better be an error on 2K's part, because otherwise it's one of the dumbest, most pointless design choices I've ever seen.

- The Blazers' deployment of the plaid pattern is better/more restrained than I had feared.

- I'm digging the Bucks' design.

- The Cavs' jersey is okay, but it doesn't look anything like the Cavs to me.

- The Grizz jersey is the rare instance where the explanation of the design inspiration raises the design's esteem in my eyes.

- The Knicks jersey is blatant pandering (everyone loves FDNY), but it'll sell.  The OKC alt does a better job with the navy/orange colorway.

- The Nets' suspension bridge-meets-netting is...dizzying.  Pass.

It seems like the jazz gradient progresses much faster on the jersey than on conrad's initial mockup. Is it possible that the gradient reverses itself on the pants?

Jersey: (Yellow => Orange)

Pants: (Orange => Yellow)

I can't imagine the color going any deeper (red/pink) so i really only think they would either stay the bottom orange color throughout the shorts or reverse the gradient.

Thoughts?

45 minutes ago, keynote said:

So what?  People use the phrase "the District" -- it's not as commonly-used as "DC," but it's not a made-up moniker, either.  It's more like "The Town" or "The City" than "Buzz City," for example. 

In any event, this jersey has *21* letters on the front.  A bit much, no?  Has there ever been an NBA jersey with *that* many letters on the front?  Off the top of my head:  the Vancouver Grizzlies' and Spirits of St. Louis jerseys come close.

"The District" sounds like an aging pedestrian mall with a serious homeless drug problem.

With that said -- I think "DC" would have been a better choice of moniker. 

8 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

It seems like the jazz gradient progresses much faster on the jersey than on conrad's initial mockup. Is it possible that the gradient reverses itself on the pants?

Jersey: (Yellow => Orange)

Pants: (Orange => Yellow)

I can't imagine the color going any deeper (red/pink) so i really only think they would either stay the bottom orange color throughout the shorts or reverse the gradient.

Thoughts?

Good question. IDK? I'm still holding my full opinion on them until I see them in person and action.

So far I like the idea. But, I am curious to see what the alternate court will look like with the jerseys. 

Based on the designs of the leaked New Era caps, I’m guessing the bill patterns for the Hornets and Pacers will find their ways onto their respective uniforms like the sublimated patterns of teams like the Blazers and Timberwolves have. As boring as the front of the Hornets jersey is, I’m expecting the hornet striping to go around the back of the jersey similar to the design of the Thunder’s Statement Edition jerseys, and it also looks like the racing stripes might be sublimated onto the vertical stripe on the Pacers jersey. I guess we’ll wait and see. 

5 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Utah's are...something else. The color balance (a darker yellow to orange) looks a lot better than the initial mockups. These might be good for a team named the St. George DustDevils, but I'm not so sure about the Utah Jazz, who have never worn any trace of red or orange (unless the copper on the black alts or current gold counts) ever:

#UtahJazztros confirmed...