NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I'd rather have the gaudy '90s jerseys back after seeing most of this garbage.

jerseys.jpg

Rockets and these 76ers still doesn't stand the test of time but I'd take multiple colors or variations of these than 75% of the NEW statement & city unis.

-------------------------------------------------------------

76ers,Rockets, Raptors are easy fixes.

76ers - Move the rainbow of stars to a vertical side panel, and use only "SIXERS" across the chest.

Raptors - remove the dino and maybe modify the pinstripes. (simple fix)

Rockets - use only "Rockets" as a wordmark, eliminate the pinstripe PLEASE. Otherwise this is just a pinstripe Golden State uniform.

My 2 cents.

shado_logo.gif

2 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Is there any explanation for the Sixers script having that weird random bump between the "i" and the "x?" It's bugging me and I know it's been noted but there doesn't seem to be an explanation out there.

I am sure Nike could come up with something compelling.

I agree, I hate the script. Not just the bump, but how thin it is compared to the width of the number font.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

19 hours ago, pepis21 said:

NBA, entertains and teaches.
I also didn't know anything about that strike, but when I try to learn something about it I noticed that signs in National Civil Rights Museum got a red font color not black, so Memhpis jersey shouldn't has red accents?

Womp womp, Memphis.  Faaaaail.

6 hours ago, DeFrank said:

The OKC alternate uniforms are the best single uniforms in NBA history.

:Oo:

22 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

And this would be exactly why they did it.

To me, educating people about real, important events that shape culture and society is far more valuable than filling racks with cliché throwaways.

G'point.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

The original Raptors jerseys were bad, and I really don’t get why kids think they were any good. 

I was in the target demo when they were used, and they stopped seeming cool after a few years. 

22 hours ago, pepis21 said:

NBA, entertains and teaches.
I also didn't know anything about that strike, but when I try to learn something about it I noticed that signs in National Civil Rights Museum got a red font color not black, so Memhpis jersey shouldn't has red accents?

Valid point, but I think it still works, given that most of the documentation of the event are black and white photos.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

The original Raptors jerseys were bad, and I really don’t get why kids think they were any good. 

I was in the target demo when they were used, and they stopped seeming cool after a few years. 

The one ugly thing about them is the logo on the front. Besides that, the pinstripes & design was all really slick & the colour scheme was unique for the time. The bad jerseys are these: 

cover.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

I can't make a list and micro-manage to that extent, but count me as someone else who thinks OKC's alts are effectively perfect. Certain looks move the league aesthetic forward and look perfectly modern and that's the one for this year. The graphic on the back, the cleverly designed wordmark (or acronym-mark), the lack of white... it's fantastic across the board.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The OKC alts are terrific. Can you think of another instance where a team's primary uniforms are so mediocre but their alternate is so great (no throwbacks) 

I think that's why they seem so good...the regular jerseys are lame, but the alternate is cool and modern. Not the greatest jersey of all time, but it's huge improvement over what they have been wearing.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

The one ugly thing about them is the logo on the front. Besides that, the pinstripes & design was all really slick & the colour scheme was unique for the time. The bad jerseys are these: 

cover.jpg

XM4KeeA.png

Archived