NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

1 hour ago, Wizza said:

The shorts for the Nuggets city jerseys look like something belonging in the opening of the Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

Denver Nuggets City Edition Uniform

It kinda reminds me of this:

Yes_Going_for_the_One.jpg

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Teal said:

The sleeves era in the NBA will forever be a dark era in the history of basketball uniforms.

Bah.  They're just shirts.  A shirt is appropriate for all sports.

Anyway, one team got them right.

Image result for brook lopez 2016

And one team created one of the best uniforms in the history of the league.

Related image

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

19 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Related image

Plenty of the t-shirt deigns looked good but would've been better without the sleeves. Utah for example would lose nothing by going to the traditional cut... I'm not gonna start a debate over personal taste with that Jazz jersey, but IMO it'd be just as good if not better without the sleeves. Same with the Nets.

Between the ads and Nike's bad designs, I'd take us back to the t-shirt era at this point.

23 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Related image

And one team did this...

NBA-short-sleeves.jpg

...so all style points are taken away.

57 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Bah.  They're just shirts A shirt is appropriate for all sports.

Except for basketball, wrestling, boxing, UFC, swimming, diving, water polo, and skiing, among others.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:
1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Bah.  They're just shirts A shirt is appropriate for all sports.

Except for basketball, wrestling, boxing, UFC, swimming, diving, water polo, and skiing, among others.

Literally none of those are good examples, as all could perfectly well be done in a shirt.

And skiing pretty much has to be done while wearing a shirt.  Unless you're this guy.

Related image

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Literally none of those are good examples, as all could perfectly well be done in a shirt.

I can't tell you the last time I saw an Olympic swimming meet or a pro boxing match with men wearing shirts.  So false.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

"We're playing on Christmas and our team color is a Christmas color- perfect! Let's wear grey." 

To be fair, red vs. green wouldn't fly for colorblindness reasons. Doesn't excuse why the Celtics couldn't wear their perfectly good and classic white uniforms though, or wear green and force the Sixers to wear white or cream or whatever else.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

5 minutes ago, Digby said:

To be fair, red vs. green wouldn't fly for colorblindness reasons. Doesn't excuse why the Celtics couldn't wear their perfectly good and classic white uniforms though, or wear green and force the Sixers to wear white or cream or whatever else.

Was there ever a complaint when they did do red vs green for Christmas games in the past?

2004092181.jpg

image.jpg

Go A's!

11 hours ago, HighCheese said:

No word on jerseys the lakers wear tonight, but it has to be the new black city jerseys right??

Because what's  the point of jerseys with a snakeskin pattern pretty much based off of Kobe if you aren't going to wear them for Kobe's dual jersey retirement Monday night?

11 hours ago, Teal said:

I'm fairly certain that the Lakers are wearing the City joints tonight.

Not according to their twitter account:

Of course there’s always the possibility of them going the fake out route and actually coming out in the Black Mamba uniforms. I’m hoping they really do wear the classic yellow home uniforms, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

56 minutes ago, Digby said:

Celtics are playing the Wizards.

24 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Not using a Black Mamba jersey for a Kobe Night is a huge mistake. This is the perfect moment to debut and there will be no better occasion to wear them later, so I hope Lakers was lying on twitter.

I agree that tonight seems like the most fitting game to wear the Black Mamba uniforms, but I’m also of the opinion that the Lakers should always wear the traditional gold home uniforms when honoring their legends. So even though it seems a bit foolish to not wear the Black Mamba uniforms on the night that they retire Kobe’s numbers, I’d still rather see them wear the traditional home uniforms and save the Black Mamba uniforms for later dates. And based on the Warriors players wearing blue socks and tights during pregame right now, I’d say the Lakers really will be in traditional gold tonight. If that ends up being the case, then count me in as a fan of that move.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

I agree that tonight seems like the most fitting game to wear the Black Mamba uniforms, but I’m also of the opinion that the Lakers should always wear the traditional gold home uniforms when honoring their legends. So even though it seems a bit foolish to not wear the Black Mamba uniforms on the night that they retire Kobe’s numbers, I’d still rather see them wear the traditional home uniforms and save the Black Mamba uniforms for later dates. And based on the Warriors players wearing blue socks and tights during pregame right now, I’d say the Lakers really will be in traditional gold tonight. If that ends up being the case, then count me in as a fan of that move.

Well, with as gimmicky as the NBA has been getting lately I could totally see them starting the game in gold and then changing into the Black Mamba jerseys at halftime during the ceremony and playing the last half in them.

Don't laugh at me. This is Adam Silver's NBA after all. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, Digby said:

I don't think the NBA cares about color blindness with all these color on color matchups. At least some of them have to clash.

Archived