NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

57 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I don't think the NBA cares about color blindness with all these color on color matchups. At least some of them have to clash.

And, wasn't part of the issue that the Bills and Jets blended with the green field as well? You're not going to really run into that issue with the NBA, especially with a number minimalist courts.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some interesting uni-centric stats from around the league through EOD Monday:

• The Hornets are 5-0 in home games wearing their white uniform, 4-8 in any other set
  • The Jazz have played color vs. color all 7 times they've worn their yellow uniform 
  • The Jazz are also 0-8 in their navy uniform on the road
  • The Bulls are combined 0-7 in their red and black uniforms on the road, their only road wins came while wearing white
  • The Heat have not worn their Icon (regular black) uniform since 10/28, and have worn their Classic black set 14 times since then
  • The Mavericks, Magic, and Trail Blazers are all winless in color v. color games
  • The Rockets have the most color v. color wins (11)
  • The Pistons have the most wins in a single uniform (13 - white)
  • The 76ers blue uniform is the most frequently worn by percentage, appearing in 69% of their games
  • The 76ers blue and Timberwolves navy uniforms are the most frequently worn by volume, appearing 20 times each.

18 minutes ago, tscuzzy said:

The difference in the uniforms he actually wore and the ones hanging in the rafters is mildly infuriating. also look how GOLD those uniforms are ;)

g0j2A3g.png

Yeah, I'm not sure why the Lakers don't use era appropriate style and fonts, it's kinda turned into their "thing" I guess?

Out of curiosity, is there a rhyme and reason to the placement of the jerseys? Meaning, the Lakers as a whole, not just Kobe's numbers.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

55 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

DRaroMcUEAElDPy.jpg

Somehow looks even worse in real life.

Agreed. But, that's a replica ... so I hold out hope (not much mind you). 

kimball banner.png

Aesthetics aside:  there appear to be a lot of extra, asymmetrical seams on this jersey -- even more than in the Blazers' diagonal sash.  Wouldn't this run counter to Nike's purported "performance first" design philosophy?  Why bother innovating with scapular seams and vents if you're going to do this?

33 minutes ago, keynote said:

Aesthetics aside:  there appear to be a lot of extra, asymmetrical seams on this jersey -- even more than in the Blazers' diagonal sash.  Wouldn't this run counter to Nike's purported "performance first" design philosophy?  Why bother innovating with scapular seams and vents if you're going to do this?

Its just a replica. Doubt the on court version has as many seams.

14 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

Its just a replica. Doubt the on court version has as many seams.

That could be true, but if the authentics do have those seams, they’ll probably compensate for that by having the rest of the front of the jersey be the perforated mesh instead of just having the mesh panels on the upper chest and sides. That’s what Nike did for the Blazers and Wizards since their jerseys have the extra seams on the front. Compare this:JWIfwvE.jpg

With this:

5cVZ239.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Jazz released this video ahead of the City edition release. You also get to see what appears to be another secondary logo at the very end (similar to the state one on the cap, but in gradient).

http://www.nba.com/jazz/video/teams/jazz/2017/12/19/1810349/1513712666098-jazz-final-b-1810349

I must say, I felt a whole lot of Utah pride watching this. It’s very well done. I’m still not sure how I’m going to like the jerseys, but at least I love how they’re marketing it.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The Jazz released this video ahead of the City edition release. You also get to see what appears to be another secondary logo at the very end (similar to the state one on the cap, but in gradient).

http://www.nba.com/jazz/video/teams/jazz/2017/12/19/1810349/1513712666098-jazz-final-b-1810349

I must say, I felt a whole lot of Utah pride watching this. It’s very well done. I’m still not sure how I’m going to like the jerseys, but at least I love how they’re marketing it.

Wow. That gave me the tingles. I'm excited. 

kimball banner.png

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

That’s what Nike did for the Blazers and Wizards since their jerseys have the extra seams on the front.

I wanna only add that Magic (Association, Icon, Statement) have perforated mesh on front and back, Cavs Statement on front and Thunder statement on back. Wizards have panels on their Statement jersey.

4r2eer.png

8 hours ago, JPDesign said:

DRaroMcUEAElDPy.jpg

I hate to say this but this and the Statement jersey are better than the uniforms they have been wearing since they moved from Seattle. The uniforms actually have personality despite the horrid logo they use and I'm okay with that.

bSLCtu2.png

43 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I hate to say this but this and the Statement jersey are better than the uniforms they have been wearing since they moved from Seattle. The uniforms actually have personality despite the horrid logo they use and I'm okay with that.

I wouldn't go as far to say this gray alt is better. The new blue alt is definitely better. 

kimball banner.png

10 hours ago, JPDesign said:

DRaroMcUEAElDPy.jpg

The blue one was okay, although I still hate the "gradient".  This is A-W-F-U-L.  And we STILL haven't had an alt with all four team colors (white, orange, blue, navy), not counting the logo on the old sleeved and orange designs.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

16 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

The difference in the uniforms he actually wore and the ones hanging in the rafters is mildly infuriating. also look how GOLD those uniforms are ;)

bryant-jersey-retirement.jpg

...are these Adidas uniforms??

Archived