NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Instead of debuting the new City uniforms to go along with the liberty bell center court logo, the Sixers are actually just wearing blue tonight:

DRnNgDBXcAAP0_p?format=jpg

They really need to stop with this blue at home thing... it looks ridiculous with all the blue on the court especially since they got rid of the college lines and red trim.

YVRMUBj.png

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

They really need to stop with this blue at home thing... it looks ridiculous with all the blue on the court especially since they got rid of the college lines and red trim.

I don't mind the blue at home. I mind the the fact the Raptors aren't wearing their red jerseys that more than contrast against the 76ers.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Plus the white jerseys are much superior. A top 5 jersey in the league

In collaboration with Nike and inspired by the storied history that shaped a movement and the City of Memphis, our 2018 ‘MLK50’ City Edition uniform will support the National Civil Rights Museum at the Lorraine Motel’s remembrance of the 50th Anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination and is set to debut at the Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration game on January 15 vs. the Los Angeles Lakers in a nationally-televised game on TNT.

The story behind the uniform’s design dates back to February 1, 1968, when two Memphis Sanitation workers, Echol Cole and Robert Walker, were crushed to death by a malfunctioning garbage truck. This tragic flashpoint aggravated by years of dangerous working conditions, poverty level wages, and unequal treatment led black sanitation workers to strike. Their demand for human dignity would coin the slogan ‘I Am A Man’ and eventually bring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to Memphis weeks later to march alongside protestors. It was on that trip that Dr. King was assassinated at the Lorraine Motel on April 4, 1968.

The uniform’s story, stark use of color, iconic type and design is intended to shine a national light on the events that led up to the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., the tragic event itself and to support the National Civil Rights Museum at the Lorraine Motel’s drive to deepen our understanding of the ongoing movement forward for social justice that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. defined in life and in death.

This is the true essence of what these jerseys are meant to be. I love them and the story behind them.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Not being too clever, there, Miami...

DRsDryQUQAU6n91.jpg

I thnk the pink-black-teal side stripes will be on one side, as a nod to the original striping.  Heat are using a recolored 80s/90s logo on the “Vice” City hats.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 12/21/2017 at 3:55 AM, Ben in LA said:

Well they should be because technically he never wore the current Nike uniforms...

Good point, but the wishbone jersey when he won his first title was made by Nike (with Reebok and Adidas taking over that design from them).  Plus he's now signed with Nike and not Adidas, so I wonder how much of that went into the decisions behind the scenes for this jersey retirement presentation.

5 hours ago, sayahh said:

Good point, but the wishbone jersey when he won his first title was made by Nike (with Reebok and Adidas taking over that design from them).  Plus he's now signed with Nike and not Adidas, so I wonder how much of that went into the decisions behind the scenes for this jersey retirement presentation.

That’s why I said the CURRENT Nike jerseys. The current ones are MUCH different from the ones Kobe wore (read: better quality).

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

If Nike felt the need to rep southern Utah with a uni, it' s a real missed opportunity for them to do the yellow uni instead of a a throwback mountain purple to rep northern Utah. It could have been a cool juxtaposition of NBA eras, regional topography, and geology. For what it's worth, this is the superior alt.

WE GROW FURTHER FROM GOD EACH DAY

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Archived