NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, jlentz823 said:

Minnesota didn't jump the gun. The link posted was a backdoor to the site through a google image search. Basically public DRAFT, the actual new threads website on timberwolves.com  never had this. (http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/newthreads) This was just poor site security. 

And that's why you always save the website's images to your hard drive, kids. :) 

3 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

No one notice tire pattern on Cavs shorts? If they want to giving nod to Goodyear, they should go with Navy instead of black to reference famous Goodyear Blimps.

Goodyear must have paid a pretty penny to get tire patterns on both the alternate jerseys (They say the lines on the black jersey are supposed to represent the sharpness of a sword but I see it as more of a tire pattern)

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Just now, mgfoxx said:

Yeesh. At first glance I'd swear Adidas still outfitted the league. DSBGPZ3UIAAk6nK?format=jpgDSBGO1CUMAAmu2i?format=jpgDRDgDP0XkAA4dUS?format=jpg

Those aren't game quality jerseys of course they look like crap.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

No one notice tire pattern on Cavs shorts? If they want to giving nod to Goodyear, they should go with Navy instead of black to reference famous Goodyear Blimps.

I keep looking at the Cavs shorts and thinking they are playing Browns dress-up... But yeah, blimp silver? How did we miss that??

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

This is a great read about the creative process of the Jazz's 'City Edition' jersey and court. Truly a must read for this board (and thread).

READ: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21868878/zach-lowe-utah-jazz-new-nike-jerseys-featuring-delicate-arch-nba

It also provided this gem ...

The intent is for teams to unveil a new city edition jersey each year, but the Jazz are talking to Nike and the league about using this look again next season.

They are also already at work on the next city edition, regardless of when they debut it. It will celebrate another part of the state -- and likely another set of natural elements.

"We like to say Mother Nature played favorites with Utah," Starks says.

jazzcourt.PNG&w=570

UTAHJERSEY.PNG&w=570

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, mgfoxx said:

DSBGPZ3UIAAk6nK?format=jpgDSBGO1CUMAAmu2i?format=jpg

As a Blazers fan, I absolutely love these. The plaid pattern looks much better here than it did in the 2K screenshot, and it really is a brilliant element that not only fits the city of Portland, but pays tribute to Dr. Jack at the same time. I’m curious to see how the shorts look and how those side stripes look in their entirety, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

50 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

As a Blazers fan, I absolutely love these. The plaid pattern looks much better here than it did in the 2K screenshot, and it really is a brilliant element that not only fits the city of Portland, but pays tribute to Dr. Jack at the same time. I’m curious to see how the shorts look and how those side stripes look in their entirety, though.

Agreed. Gotta say, I love the whole Blazers set but I still can't wait for the day the finally remove silver from their set (it just doesn't make sense anymore with their new brand).

spacer.png

6 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I'm actually thinking the pattern is a nod to the "Guardians of Traffic" art deco statues located in downtown Cleveland near the Q. Not only do they have the same pattern, they have the same pointed top as the jersey stripes.

Rendering "ripcity" in a single color and not adding in a space makes it into one silly word, instead of a moderately silly two-word nickname. I really don't care for this Blazers jersey or their red one. Both would benefit greatly by adding white back in, even in small amounts.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 hours ago, bowld said:

Hate them

Agreed. The collar is the worst part in my opinion. The front is charcoal while the back involves orange and blue. That in addition to the yellow outline on the numbers makes this completely unpalatable.

DSAvOH7UIAA27uF?format=jpg

Archived