NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best use of translucence on a Charlotte NBA uniform since the Bobcats.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

12 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Just stop Nike, that is not the reason for this abomination 

Orlando Magic
The edges of light bordering our universe reveal a vastness greater than our imagination. Emblematic of the desire to achieve more, the Orlando Magic City Edition uniform is the will to break boundaries, push our outer confines and find something greater than our individual selves. Go higher. Go farther. Go deeper. Be limitless.

They should've done this jersey for the Rockets :(

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

Look, if the Wizards want to dress up as the Smithsonian for some reason or whatever, fine, but the Chicago Bulls are a global brand that can stand on its own without this gimmickry. The Bulls should always look as they did when the greatest player of all time was there. It's that simple.

gettyimages-1955811.jpg?quality=100&w=65

bSLCtu2.png

7 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

Oh baby. Make a white version and make these full time. I don’t ask for much Ballmer. Just do his one time for ya boy.

I can't figure out why the "L" flag is grey instead of yellow. Yellow isn't a team color, obviously, but in the context of this uniform, neither are the other colors in the flags, least of all grey. Grey instead of yellow sucks all the life out of that flag graphic.

Regardless, I've been saying it for a decade and it still holds up: these should be the Clippers' permanent colors.

I also like the type layout on the Wolves' grey jersey. I would have preferred all the jerseys follow that.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Alrighty time to review each team's city unis.

ATL: It actually does look cool. The font is quite unique. 8/10

BOS: It's alright. 7.5/10

BKN: It looks like spiderwebs to me. And I HATE crowded names. 3/10

CHA: Sorry Hornets, bad uniform. 3/10

CHI: Classic Chicago road font with the city's colors? OH MY GOODNESS YES! 10/10

CLE: I don't really like it. Cavs using Grey is dull. 4/10

DAL: Another team using Black but using it to describe the city's skyline is ok to me. 6/10

DEN: Looks great but power blue looks better on that. 7/10

DET: I gotta give them credit for the sides. Does spell the city's nickname. 7/10

GS: The logo on it is just awesome. 9/10

HOU: Rockets in Chinese words is cool. 9/10

IND: Ugh come on Pacers. I know your state is known racing but not like that! I could mistake that yellow checkered flag as cheese. 2.5/10

LAC: Gotta admit those colors look good. So good they use them as their primary. 9/10

LAL: Love it! Buuut the purple kinda ruins it. Should've just been Black and Yellow (you know, like the one Kobe had a photoshoot early last decade). 9.5/10

MEM: Gotta love the history behind it. 8.5/10

MIA: Oh my god I am love with this uniform. 10/10

MIL: it's alright. You don't see Cream being used a lot in jerseys. 7/10

MIN: Ugh it looks terrible. 2/10

NO: I like the colors and concept but WHY ARE THE NUMBER FONTS LOOK HIDEOUS!? 5.5/10

NY: I'm mixed on this. Paying homage to a great department is cool though. 6.5/10

OKC: Oh my god it's....BLEH. The Thunder are clueless on their uniforms. I like their Statement one than this. 3/10

ORL: It looks cool. Don't know why this has to do with the team or the city. 7.5/10

PHI: Damn that looks beautiful. Philly you've done it again. 9.5/10

PHX: Not having Orange could've made this uniform a lot better. 6/10

POR: That is quite a uniform they have. 8.5/10

SAC: Just make the logo a bit bigger. 7/10

SA: Ehhhh nah I'm not feeling on this one. 4/10

TOR: Gotta admit it defines the team's motto. 8/10

UTA: Yeah very cool uniform! The execution is done right! 9/10

WAS: Honestly the name is just ruins it. Better off as "The District" 6.5/10

4ffh6gt.png

Most people on here know I represent hometown area Chicago through and through so whenever I hear people say ughh to the red, light blue and stars incorporation of the city flag ..you have NO IDEA how popular it is in the Windy City and surrounding areas.

3da1b38a24c06e00fff46aab5ae7221e.jpg

675029bcf564b7848b634bb9f4007076.jpg

s-l300.jpg

BUMT00097-THM.jpg

There are COUNTLESS merchandise of items like this of Chicago pro sports teams incorporating the Chicago flag! It's hugely popular!

Besides, the Luvabulls (Bulls official cheerleaders who perform during Bulls games) Have been wearing this or similar outfit for YEARS

b609ee2b25801f1d9cbf39d41289b8cb--flag-d

65c5db0b91ce1dbfcd44827b7423f3db.jpg

They have also been slowly incorporating the Chicago stars into their identity in the last few years.

So if they were to change colors or have one off outfits like this..the city is CLEARLY Behind it. I know the red and black is iconic and a global top 5 seller every year (Lakers,Warriors, LeBron team at the time, and Bulls/Celtics).

So it's not gonna be messed with.

But unless you are from this area or familiar. Please take this to mind as an fyi.

shado_logo.gif

24 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

I didn't know this board had immature members who reduce someone's opinion with name calling.

Yes you did! You're not new here! That's all we do!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

From a (sigh) teenager’s perspective, here are my grades on the uniforms.

Atlanta: It’s a good idea, but the lack of red and the font brings it down. 6/10

Boston: I honestly love it. If the Celtics have to have a grey uniform, this is the way to do it. 10/10

Brooklyn: The 180-degree wordmark is ridiculous, and the bridge-pinstripes don’t work. 4.5/10

Charlotte: 

11 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

exactly what a teenager would call "hip" and "cool"

...and as a teenager myself, I fit right in to that stereotype (for once). Only change that I would make is to make the lettering teal. 9/10

Chicago: Looks great, but not a fan of dropping black. 7/10

Cleveland: Ugh. The lack of wine, the double grey, “The Land” on the front... my goodness, this is bad. 2.5/10

Dallas: Every ounce of my brain is telling me “you should hate this!!!!”. I’m not listening. It shouldn’t, but somehow it works. 7/10

Denver: I would love this if it was paired with normal shorts. Oh, and maybe if it was powder blue as well. 6/10

Detroit: WHY CAN’T YOU JUST MAKE A RED UNIFORM AGAIN!!!! And if it must be navy/grey, at least make a decent design! 3/10

Golden State: A step in the right direction (finally a yellow uniform again), and the CNY design is pretty good. 8/10

Indiana: The idea was okay, but the execution is poor. 4.5/10

LAC: Amazing. I’m a bigger fan of the wordmark than most people, and the colors - I love it. 10/10

LAL: Meh. Black-on-black, snake design, getting every last Kobe thing that they can... not a fan. 5/10

Memphis: AMAZING idea, but it’s a bit plain. Looks like Nets 2.0. 7/10

Milwaukee: Love the cream, but not a fan of the design. 5/10

Minnesota: I like the design, but the grey is bland and no navy OR green is disappointing. I don’t think there’s been a more disappointing rebrand this year. 5/10

New Orleans: I LOVE... wait, are those staggered numbers?!? Oh my, they just took a 10/10 and dropped it to 7.5/10.

Oklahoma City: What were they thinking? Horrible all-around. 2.5/10

Orlando: Excuse me while I go throw up on the smoldering ruins of my team. The Nikespeak is so rediculous that it’s hilarious. The only thing good about this is that it’ll be gone next year. 0/10

Philadelphia: I like it. The script “Phila” is good, and the off-white works. 9/10

Phoenix: Seriously? You went for double-purple with “Los Suns” on the front? Lazy. 3.5/10

Portland: INCREDIBLE. The plaid works wonderfully, the simple black-on-red works, and overall a great design. 10/10

Sacramento: Meh. I’m not a fan of the light blue, and the numbers are way too small. 4.5/10

San Antonio: Why no Fiesta? And why camo? 2/10

Utah: My goodness this looks amazing. The court brings it over the top. 10/10

Washington: Make the numbers anything but white, and it elevates this even further. 8.5/10

EDIT: not sure why the first part is larger than everything else, but can’t fix it because I’m in phone

ExJworW.png

Putting all this bootleg Chicago flag mashup merch in my field of vision is going to give me a stroke.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

4 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

As a New Jersey Native I am wondering what the Nets would even do for a city jersey if they were still in New Jersy. Meadowlands? Shore? Flag themed?

SWAMP DRAGONS

Archived