NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

As ugly as they are (and they are very ugly), I like the idea of having the team name/logo be the focus of the jerseys (versus All-Star or East/West).

Fans buying all-star jerseys are buying them for the player/team. Makes sense to have those be the focus.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RichO said:

My brain, trained by the 90s, kind of expects All Star jerseys to be terrible. So in that context, this wouldn't be that bad.

Truuuuuue ... there are these ...

kd1.jpg

and these ...

2015_nba_all_star_jersey_1.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I do like the idea of using a team's jersey template with a common color scheme for each team. Kind of like the Rookie Challenge jerseys from the ASW in New York back in 2015.

463387412_10.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

42 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

Tobias Harris is wearing a red sleeve and blue tights with the Pistons' "chrome" jerseys. 

From what I’ve seen, Pistons players have worn the red arm sleeves and headbands with the gray uniforms several times this season. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, TaylorMade said:

Tobias Harris is wearing a red sleeve and blue tights with the Pistons' "chrome" jerseys. 

tobias-harris-of-the-detroit-pistons-han

As a Pistons fan, I was hopeful that these were going to be sparingly used when they didn’t debut until weeks after the official release of the Statement jerseys (as I think they’re pretty terrible - the Spurs are the only team that can really pull off a gray uniform, IMO.)

Unfortunately, as of tonight’s game, I believe they’ve now been used 7 out of the last 8 games, and the just as bad (or worse) Motor City jerseys are yet to debut. ?

The Pistons/Nike really messed up their jersey set outside the classic home and away.

5 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

As a Pistons fan, I was hopeful that these were going to be sparingly used when they didn’t debut until weeks after the official release of the Statement jerseys (as I think they’re pretty terrible - the Spurs are the only team that can really pull off a gray uniform, IMO.)

Unfortunately, as of tonight’s game, I believe they’ve now been used 7 out of the last 8 games, and the just as bad (or worse) Motor City jerseys are yet to debut. ?

The Pistons/Nike really messed up their jersey set outside the classic home and away.

I actually like them, but it's annoying seeing teams not use their color palette. It's a shame there's no Pistons red, Suns orange, OKC orange, Cavs yellow and blue. 

On 1/9/2018 at 1:21 PM, insert name said:

Still a better logo and uniform than the current Clippers. 

The royal blue set is so, so nice. The logo still stinks, but not as bad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 hours ago, projectjohn said:

I actually love them.

Those all star unis aren’t much to look at, but I get it. They and their associated merch will sell like crazy, filling the monochrome gap. Who ever bought “team east” merch anyway? Plus I’ve been looking for an all-black Celtics hat so this may work out for me.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

13 hours ago, projectjohn said:

6 of 7 in gray for the Pistons. All of those were with blue socks and tights.

Archived