NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

14 hours ago, projectjohn said:

As a Pistons fan, I was hopeful that these were going to be sparingly used when they didn’t debut until weeks after the official release of the Statement jerseys (as I think they’re pretty terrible - the Spurs are the only team that can really pull off a gray uniform, IMO.)

Unfortunately, as of tonight’s game, I believe they’ve now been used 7 out of the last 8 games, and the just as bad (or worse) Motor City jerseys are yet to debut. ?

The Pistons/Nike really messed up their jersey set outside the classic home and away.

The Spurs would have a great and classic silver uniform if Nike would make these instead of the logo and the number that IMO is a mess.  

This is how Nike created it the first time (circa 2004) and did it right.  Not that hard to go back to it if they put their mindset to it.

76ers v Spurs : News Photo

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Does anyone know how the all-star format is gonna work this year? And how will that effect the production of merch?

There's no East vs. West. The top vote getters from each conference (currently Giannis Antetokounmpo and Kevin Durant) will be named captains and they will hold a draft of eligible players. 

It could affect merch production because we won't know the teams until after the draft.

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

Does anyone know how the all-star format is gonna work this year? And how will that effect the production of merch?

I am sure there will be two sets of jerseys available for purchase as well. I mean that's the smart thing to do, right?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

The Spurs would have a great and classic silver uniform if Nike would make these instead of the logo and the number that IMO is a mess.  

This is how Nike created it the first time (circa 2004) and did it right.  Not that hard to go back to it if they put their mindset to it.

76ers v Spurs : News Photo

Yes! Love the diamond on the shorts like the Bulls have.

12 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Why no NBA team has claimed black and gold is beyond me.

Agreed. I believe the Pels wanted to go with the colors to match the Saints? Not sure why the NBA didn't approve that.

Great look -- color wise -- the jersey design is another story. I love that there's a matching court. The NBA needs more of this if they're going to be introducing non-team colors for these City jerseys and whatnot.

EDIT: Didn't notice that wonky cursive 'Welcome' font under the baskets. I take back half of what I said about loving the court.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

14 minutes ago, kimball said:

Agreed. I believe the Pels wanted to go with the colors to match the Saints? Not sure why the NBA didn't approve that.

Great look -- color wise -- the jersey design is another story. I love that there's a matching court. The NBA needs more of this if they're going to be introducing non-team colors for these City jerseys and whatnot.

EDIT: Didn't notice that wonky cursive 'Welcome' font under the baskets. I take back half of what I said about loving the court.

Welcome To Ronto?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived