NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DrAwesomeberry said:

The Spurs have never had a good alt

It was really disappointing as a Spurs fan to have Nike come in promising 4 uniforms and seeing the alts as the already well established grey and camo based alts.

I'd love to see an alt based on the Gervin era unis with the huge San Antonio wordmark in black outlined in white.

1 hour ago, bucky_bleichert said:

i think the spurs uniforms took the biggest hit with the move to nike.  the numbers on their uniforms are SO small.  

san-antonio-usa-18th-oct-2017-san-antoni

vs

Gasol_5.jpg

I'm okay with the number size, I just wish the number outline was updated with the wordmark. Also, put me in the camp that hates the new alt logo on the shorts. DVCyUJAUMAAPgHR?format=jpg

58 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

I just wish the number outline was updated with the wordmark.

Sorry, for some reason I don't know exactly what you mean by that. You want the outline updates or the number itself? Or did you mean you wanted the wordmark outlined? I have a headache so I still couldn't get it after reading it three times. (It's not you, it's me.)

3 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Sorry, for some reason I don't know exactly what you mean by that. You want the outline updates or the number itself? Or did you mean you wanted the wordmark outlined? I have a headache so I still couldn't get it after reading it three times. (It's not you, it's me.)

Basically, that the number matches the font - without the silver outline around the numbers.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

24 minutes ago, kimball said:

Basically, that the number matches the font - without the silver outline around the numbers.

Thanks. If that's what mgfoxx meant, then I got it all backwards: update the outlines... by removing them.

5 minutes ago, Ark said:

If only the Spurs would make a Fiesta themed alternate

e04ylwkfdofkr2ctlerjov26s.gif

Be careful what you ask for; it might just end up looking like the original OKC road uniform.

5 hours ago, KingChandler said:

I think a gray uniform with Spurs on the front not San Antonio or the Spur logo would look nice with fiesta accents on the collar arm holes and sides of the jerseys would look good. Cant imagine an entire jerset being feista though

I tried mocking that up, and it looks good-not-great. I think if they want to go Fiesta they should go 100%.

bP4IajX.png

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a few looks at the Celtics’ City uniforms in action:

DVyKBrDXUAY3-PX?format=jpg

DVyQzsMXcAIKNpS?format=jpgDVyQThKVoAALSJq?format=jpg

As much as I’m a traditionalist for the Celtics, these do look really nice. Maybe just because they’re much better than the last grey jersey. Mostly I like the green-plus-white trim — that really pops. 

Agreed the pattern is hard to see though.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

38 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

I tried mocking that up, and it looks good-not-great. I think if they want to go Fiesta they should go 100%.

bP4IajX.png

Something about bright colors on a gray base jersey just looks weird to me. One of the reasons I don’t like the Pistons “Chrome” jerseys.

Archived