NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

9 hours ago, eRay said:

Great, the Celtics will end the regular season with a gray vs gray matchup with the Nets.

With all the planning they're doing ahead of time, why do we have situations like this? If it was teams deciding independently what to wear and this ended up happening we could blame the looseness of the system. These matchups have been scripted all year and we're still getting things that make no sense.

Also, in all of April the Lakers won't wear either Purple OR Gold. Just white, black, or light blue.

4 hours ago, sayahh said:

This is insane and infuriating.

The white jersey really should have not been designated as the "Association" version.

These were/are the dates with the Purple being worn and these are all frustrating as hell:

11/27/17, 11/29/17, 12/2/17, 12/22/17, 12/23/17, 2/10/18, 3/14/18, 3/19/18, 3/22/18, 3/24/18, 3/26/18, 3/28/18

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/20/2018 at 2:20 PM, Froob said:

Haven’t seen this posted yet, but this site is sick. Shows all uni matchups for the entire season https://lockervision.nba.com/

And now since that went public, I essentially spent the better part of the last 36 hours going team by team, date by date, and by uniform designation updating the tracker I had made before the season had even started

1 hour ago, okcsooner35 said:

Can you share this tracker when it’s available? The NBA’s site is great regarding the data, but I wish they had better views for team by team, similar to ClintAU’s auburn tracker.

Yeah I think that can be doable.  It'll be as a Google Sheets doc and will be also updated with playoff teams as well.  

As we are nearing to the end of the regular season here are my thoughts on the season with Nike ...

• Off-brand City jerseys fall flat when played at home on an on-brand court. As crazy as the Jazz's City jerseys are, the combination with a matching court at home helps a lot. I can't say that about Miami, Chicago, 
  • I don't mind requiring teams to wear jersey a minimum of times each year, but give the option of when to wear them to the team. This should avoid a Black vs. Gray, Lakers/Celtics match up. Hopefully.
  • I want to see more throwback jerseys, but stay away from match-ups of throwback vs. city jerseys, etc. It'd be great if the NBA could go the way of MLB and use era appropriate throwbacks. That's a pipe dream I feel.
  • I hope teams and Nike get more creative with some of the Statement and City jerseys -- like the Rockets (city), Knicks (statement), Nets (city and statement), Wolves (city), Suns (city), Pistons (city) get more creative with their approaches. Some jerseys really felt lazy.
  • Not necessarily a Nike thing, but the ads and Nike logo haven't bugged me as much as I thought they would have. Maybe I am just used to it?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 3/21/2018 at 8:46 AM, eRay said:

Great, the Celtics will end the regular season with a gray vs gray matchup with the Nets.

With all the planning they're doing ahead of time, why do we have situations like this? If it was teams deciding independently what to wear and this ended up happening we could blame the looseness of the system. These matchups have been scripted all year and we're still getting things that make no sense.

Also, in all of April the Lakers won't wear either Purple OR Gold. Just white, black, or light blue.

Nets don’t have a grey uni?

11 minutes ago, Froob said:

Nets don’t have a grey uni?

170915_NIKE-ALT_TBS_145_native_600.jpg

edited to add: In the LockerVision website, if you click on "Game Outfitting" for any game, then right click (or cntrl-click) on the uniform and choose "open image in new window", the window or tab that opens has a URL in it. If you change the digits at the end of the url you can change the base layer color and shoe color. Pretty neat to try out.

36 minutes ago, eRay said:

170915_NIKE-ALT_TBS_145_native_600.jpg

edited to add: In the LockerVision website, if you click on "Game Outfitting" for any game, then right click (or cntrl-click) on the uniform and choose "open image in new window", the window or tab that opens has a URL in it. If you change the digits at the end of the url you can change the base layer color and shoe color. Pretty neat to try out.

they really should have brought back the "Brooklyn Blue" jersey. Those were sharp, the only problem was the sleeves.

17 minutes ago, Froob said:

Jazz (City) vs Spurs (Statement) and Celtics (Statement) vs Blazers (Statement) are excellent uni matchups. Loving tonight.

5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

:huh:

To each their own, I guess.

32 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

I’m guessing this was the intention when the NBA decided to make every event logo boring  

No no no no no!

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

46 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

I’m guessing this was the intention when the NBA decided to make every event logo boring  

I hate this logo even more ...

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

At least MLB didn't put the logo on the field. This is just horrible! 

XM4KeeA.png

Interesting/random observation: The Blazers and Rockets have squared off three times so far this season, each of which has produced a different red vs. black uniform matchup:

891657610-houston-rockets-v-portland-tragetty-images-903614448.jpg?itok=oElPmxma935448278-houston-rockets-v-portland-tra

They play one more time this season (in Houston), and theoretically there could be a fourth different red vs. black matchup if the Rockets wore their CNY set against either the Blazers’ Icon or City sets, but the LockerVision site shows that it’ll be a repeat of the uniform matchup from the third meeting (third picture above).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived