NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

So how does this work, are those all official alternate logos now?  Or does only 47 own the rights to them

Yea, they're only for use with '47 stuff. The teams didn't have anything to do with it, nor are they adopting any of the logos for official use.

Well, it looks like this Jazz-Rockets series will be another terrible one from a uniform matchup standpoint. The Rockets have really been ruining things due to their insistence on wearing those black uniforms at home. It's not just a Nike thing, either, as they had a pretty terrible matchup in their first round series with the Thunder last year.

Tell whatever you want, but that "P" logo from Portland cap is freaking awesome, Blazers should buy it and add to their identify.

Spurs and Suns are also great, especially Spurs is miles better than what they have as a alternate.

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, Satomiblood said:

Well, it looks like this Jazz-Rockets series will be another terrible one from a uniform matchup standpoint. The Rockets have really been ruining things due to their insistence on wearing those black uniforms at home. It's not just a Nike thing, either, as they had a pretty terrible matchup in their first round series with the Thunder last year.

The Cavs continue to wear black as home as well, pretty annoying.

4 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Sixers twitter confirmed they're going red on the road vs Boston as a throwback to the old rivalry. I knew that teams could choose alternates as their go-to for the playoffs, but I didn't realize they could switch it up from series to series

The Sixers have been pretty sensible this postseason with their uniform choices, so I'm okay with a road switch from series to series.

Anyway, this is just one of the matchups we could be seeing, but something tells me we won't get it even when the series flips to Utah. We're more likely to see the Jazz rock the golds or gradients at home.

houston-rockets-utah-jazz-2018-west-semi

6 hours ago, eibram said:

Sorry a bit of self promo here but I'll leave this here in case anyone's interested...

tumblr_p81t9mxzFe1wulfg9o2_r1_1280.png

I like this a lot, but I'd much prefer if the teams lined up rather than switching based on home/away. Maybe add a highlight around the boxes for the home team? But I suppose you want to analyze the choices of the home teams. Could also label game #s as well. 

Very interesting to see that only the Celtics/Bucks consistently wore home whites (even Philly and Wash were using alternates).

Also, how did I not notice that Indiana wore yellow in EVERY game? WTF!? Such a shame because their other jerseys are gorgeous. It's maybe my favorite of the Nike rebrands and the yellow looks cool, but it needs some white in there to create a better balance, like the other two in the set.

Is there an analysis as to whether this is the First Round with the smallest use of primary home whites ever?

23 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

The one thing that graphic tells me is the PHL-MIA series was the only series that looked how it should.

I'd argue that Washington-Toronto and Boston-Milwaukee also got it right.

I noticed that Indy didn't need to change unis at all.

Really sucks that the Spurs wore black at home in the Playoffs. If the NBA values the color at home aspect so much like this, why don't they just designate them as home jerseys? It would be more understandable in that regard. The fact that there is no designation is stupid and can confuse viewers who are tuning in.

bSLCtu2.png

9 hours ago, sayahh said:

I'd argue that Washington-Toronto and Boston-Milwaukee also got it right.

I noticed that Indy didn't need to change unis at all.

While technically yes that would be correct, Toronto wore stupid ass alt, and boston wore stupid ass black alt. 

Archived