NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

I'm not sure why the Pistons keep insisting on a DP logo, whether it be the last one or this new one, which is horrible...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The basketball shooting through the D makes no sense to me.  Looks like something a soccer ball would do.  Or a baseball even.  A basketball flying straight like that, I don't get it?  Like in soccer maybe its a shot that was absolutely ripped, in baseball maybe it was a ball that was smashed by Mike Trout, or a fastball from Aroldis Chapman.  In basketball, it's... ? A fast pass?  

A LeBron James pass across the key type of pass?

a2BRS8U.png

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

Just when I thought the Spurs' brand couldn't possibly get any more boring they pull this.

spurs.jpg

They should've added a white outline around the S,P,R,&S. The outline around the U spur looks out of place now.

2 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Just when I thought the Spurs' brand couldn't possibly get any more boring they pull this.

spurs.jpg

Boring and nonsense. I don't think of Spurs needs to change their logo. Current logo is quite good.

4r2eer.png

5 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

spurs.jpg

Meh. The Eurostile font was modern enough while still keeping the aesthetic they've used for most of their history. And if I'm not mistaken the spurs have never used a vertically arched spurs wordmark

07Giants.pngnyy.png

7 minutes ago, gopistons899004 said:

Could we get a confirmation from Conrad that these are in fact the Pistons new alternate logos? I remember him saying recently that he'd seen them.

If this is really all they have to unveil, then it's quite disappointing. 

IMG_0304.PNG

1 hour ago, logo-maker said:

Could the Piston's secondary logo be a basketball based on the Joe Lewis Monument?

joe-louis-fist-downtown-detroit-john-mcg

I guess that makes sense but it was executed really bad.

The second one looks a bit decent.

4ffh6gt.png

2 hours ago, logo-maker said:

Could the Piston's secondary logo be a basketball based on the Joe Lewis Monument?

joe-louis-fist-downtown-detroit-john-mcg

Even if it was the case it looks like absolute crap. 1990 video games create-a-team logos looked better than this :censored:.

16 hours ago, Fuhrms said:

IMG_0304.PNG

I knew that he knew that the new Pistons logo with just a D inside it wasn't going to be the secondary or tertiary, but I didn't know that he had seen these...

These are awful. I'd rather have the horse (power) head.

Typically for logos like these, do teams hire independent designers or does Nike provide them with a team or something? I always wondered how this works. Can I just create some logos myself and send it to them? 

Thanks in advance, curious about the process. 

12 minutes ago, JerseyJosh said:

Typically for logos like these, do teams hire independent designers or does Nike provide them with a team or something? I always wondered how this works. Can I just create some logos myself and send it to them? 

Thanks in advance, curious about the process. 

It's a team by team thing. For example, the new logos for the Wolves were designed by Rare Design, who also worked on the recent branding updates of the Hawks, Kings, and Hornets (in collaboration with Jordan Brand). The Cavs' new logos were designed by Nike, and the Blazers' new logos were mostly designed in-house. And I believe the Bucks' recent branding update was done by a smaller design firm from Brooklyn. I'm not sure about these new Pistons logos. But more than anything it's pretty much just dependent on the desires of each individual franchise.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Bucks 50th anniversary logo.  Not bad...nice and clean and not overdone. Not sure if there will be room to cram this on the jerseys or not, but it will be available on other merchandise.

19106002_10154731017247817_5048424808848

Archived