NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

40 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Bucks 50th anniversary logo.  Not bad...nice and clean and not overdone. Not sure if there will be room to cram this on the jerseys or not, but it will be available on other merchandise.

19106002_10154731017247817_5048424808848

The OCD in me hates this logo because everything is pushed off-center so that the upper left corner of the '5' isn't too close to the edge of the circle.

image3398.thumb.png.8f919f01471cd4bbd8ab2ac7b69ff997.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

No. It's a hood ornament of a car.

1222674698436395367.jpg

It looks more like a speeding locomotive, or an extended scepter, or basketball sperm. 

Regardless, it's *bad*.  And, it's off-brand.  No one can clearly figure out what it is, or what it's suppose to represent.  Is the ball whooshing through the D?  If so:  why introduce motion when the rest of the brand is static?

22 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

It's a horrible logo and it's not really necessary.  The whole thing makes no sense. 

The NBA has some of the best logos in sports...and then they have just some of the most brutal clunkers.  All of the Thunder logos, Clippers' whole set, new Pistons' secondaries, this piece of crap...just awful.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The Spurs were one of the few teams remaining without a basketball related primary/alt logo, yes?  Who is left without one?  Portland?

Portland, Chicago, and Houston are the only ones, I believe. Portland's new set doesn't include a basketball related logo, so it seems they'll still be on the list for years to come. And while Chicago used a basketball as a part of their center court logo up until a couple of seasons ago, it's never actually been a part of their logo package. I wouldn't anticipate that changing anytime soon, even if they make some tweaks to their set at some point. I could easily see Houston introducing a basketball related logo sometime in the future, especially since their logo history has already included some in the past. Whether they make some tweaks to their current logo and uniform packages or do a complete overhaul, I would be fairly surprised to not see them introduce a basketball related logo in the future.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

i know its in the future, but i wonder if the NBA is going to do something for there 75th anniversary season (which i think would be 21/22 since it would have been 25 years since 96/97)

so long and thanks for all the fish.

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The OCD in me hates this logo because everything is pushed off-center so that the upper left corner of the '5' isn't too close to the edge of the circle.

image3398.thumb.png.8f919f01471cd4bbd8ab2ac7b69ff997.png

If you didn't point this out, I would have never even noticed.  It's not off by much.

46 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

If you didn't point this out, I would have never even noticed.  It's not off by much.

That's funny, it's actually the first thing I noticed when I saw it, especially with the "SEASONS" text. Like you say, it's not off by much, but it still bugs the crap out of me. Then again, I'm much more obsessive about things like that than most.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived