NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/4/2017 at 8:43 AM, mafiaman said:

Yuck.  If that was an NHL logo, it would be ridiculed widely around this site for being a rocket with a frown and angry teeth.  Nothing like winning a couple of NBA titles and then totally blowing up your identity.

Here in Houston we don't speak of this period of time! Huge mistake to not only go to these after back to back but also a huge mistake to trade horry cassell for Barkley 

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Agree on the Rockets and Mavs but I quite like the Magic's identity 

They need to get rid of the horrible, terrible, good for nothing side panels. Other than that I love the set. 

Sometimes, I take nit picking new heights. 

2 minutes ago, JerseyJosh said:

They need to get rid of the horrible, terrible, good for nothing side panels. Other than that I love the set. 

Sometimes, I take nit picking new heights. 

outside of armhole striping there isn't a whole lot else you can do to create designs with. 

16 hours ago, Surf said:

Pretty bad logos here, is it safe to say that the NBA has the worst logos of the big 4? 

Nba apparel for the most part is sold in either jersey or players shirt form so their logos aren't marketed as heavily as baseball and football.

Of ppl wearing sports hats, how many nba ones do you run into from day to day?  Primarily it'll be 60% MLB, 30% football/college, and the rest nba or hockey (latter being <1%).

I'd say only the Bulls logo merits enough cache and style to don on a hat.  Even then it's leagues behind the Yankees, Sox, Cubs, and Cowboys logos of the world.

Btw I speak about fans who don't have a devout allegiance to a fave team. As a lot of fans (like me) just wear the logos for the looks.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

outside of armhole striping there isn't a whole lot else you can do to create designs with. 

There's lots of room to be creative with in my opinion.  armholes / collar / waist / subliminal patterns / sides / sides of shorts / bottom trim can all have elements of design

With this identity- an integation of a similar star pattern to what the early '00s set had. Could be in the thinner panels or a revamped collar/armholes. Basically an integration of the two 00's jerseys with a moderized style/cut and no pinstripes other than select alternates would be ideal. If I knew how to make concepts and had access/skill to make concepts outside of nba 2k, I'd do it this second to illustrate what I think would be a sick look for them.

On 7/4/2017 at 6:43 AM, mafiaman said:

Yuck.  If that was an NHL logo, it would be ridiculed widely around this site for being a rocket with a frown and angry teeth.  Nothing like winning a couple of NBA titles and then totally blowing up your identity.

You do know real combat aircraft were painted like that? 

It works for the Windsor Spitfires because it's the focal point of the logo (or close to it) and not a detail of a detail in a logo that has too many details.

Let's hear it for the Chicago Bulls: the only great NBA logo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So, btw is anyone anxiously waiting to know the date of the official unveiling of the Nike NBA Jerseys. Well, I am and can't wait for someone to confirm it in this thread. I hope it's in the next few days. Since free agents are gonna be holding up their new jerseys. 

22 minutes ago, labc93 said:

So, btw is anyone anxiously waiting to know the date of the official unveiling of the Nike NBA Jerseys. Well, I am and can't wait for someone to confirm it in this thread. I hope it's in the next few days. Since free agents are gonna be holding up their new jerseys. 

After summer league

22 minutes ago, labc93 said:

After summer league

23 minutes ago, labc93 said:

After summer league

I had it on a Spurs/Celtics Summer League game and they showed the mom of Celtics rookie Jayson Tatum wearing his jersey and it had the General Electric logo on it, which looked to be Adidas because the tag was the same and so was the material.  This ad patch nonsense is going to be frustrating. We can only hope it doesn't last.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived