NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

An okay concept, but really the white, gold and wine jerseys aren't much different than what they wear now. 

Which is why it's so damn nice.  Do this Cavs!  And have the best look in the league, even with that terrible black jersey with the different stripes on each side.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Just now, OnWis97 said:

Which is why it's so damn nice.  Do this Cavs!  And have the best look in the league, even with that terrible black jersey with the different stripes on each side.

Many of the subtle details with Brian Begley's Cavs concept really irk me:

-the solid color waistbands sans matching striping on the white home, wine away, and yellow alternate are inconsistent and boring

-the wine 'C' belt buckle logos on the wine waistbands of the white home and yellow alternate get lost

-the 'C' sword logos on the shorts of the white home, wine away, and yellow alternate are the same color as the shorts and get lost

-the white Nike swooshes on the wine away clash badly

Still a good, well-executed concept as well as entire series, but I wouldn't say it's great let alone the best look in the League.

16 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The half-assed attempt at a "sunburst" was arguably the worst part of their current uniforms - either that or the butt stripes. If they're unwilling to do it right, then they're better off not doing it at all.

Eh.  Even a half-azzed sunburst is better than no sunburst. 

40 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Many of the subtle details with Brian Begley's Cavs concept really irk me:

-the solid color waistbands sans matching striping on the white home, wine away, and yellow alternate are inconsistent and boring

-the wine 'C' belt buckle logos on the wine waistbands of the white home and yellow alternate get lost

-the 'C' sword logos on the shorts of the white home, wine away, and yellow alternate are the same color as the shorts and get lost

-the white Nike swooshes on the wine away clash badly

Still a good, well-executed concept as well as entire series, but I wouldn't say it's great let alone the best look in the League.

These are pretty minor details*...which of course is what we love to talk about on this board!  But I honestly was not doing that; I was just drooling at the general look.

• I don't mind the waist bands (which appear to have subtle stripes).  A yellow/wine pattern would be nice though.
  • The belt-buckle "C" probably should be contrasting on those two...good point.
  • Same with the "C" on the shorts. I actually have more tolerance for outlined letters that are the same color as the uniform (e.g., red Angels jersey) than most...in fact, I actually like the white shorts here.  But down there on the shorts, the contrast is probably needed if they want the logo to be noticed.
  • I am not seeing the issue with the swoosh on the yellow uniform.

For me, it's about going with the wine and yellow scheme.  I'd take all of those flaws if it meant they'd use the wine and yellow, dump the blue and rarely use a black jersey.  That said, doing that while making improvements to the first three bullets, would make it even better.

*Actually, I anticipate being told that these details are not minor...but I was definitely "big picture" here.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

16 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

These are pretty minor details*...which of course is what we love to talk about on this board!  But I honestly was not doing that; I was just drooling at the general look.

• I don't mind the waist bands (which appear to have subtle stripes).  A yellow/wine pattern would be nice though.
  • The belt-buckle "C" probably should be contrasting on those two...good point.
  • Same with the "C" on the shorts. I actually have more tolerance for outlined letters that are the same color as the uniform (e.g., red Angels jersey) than most...in fact, I actually like the white shorts here.  But down there on the shorts, the contrast is probably needed if they want the logo to be noticed.
  • I am not seeing the issue with the swoosh on the yellow uniform.

For me, it's about going with the wine and yellow scheme.  I'd take all of those flaws if it meant they'd use the wine and yellow, dump the blue and rarely use a black jersey.  That said, doing that while making improvements to the first three bullets, would make it even better.

*Actually, I anticipate being told that these details are not minor...but I was definitely "big picture" here.

I'm personally not a huge fan of their wine and yellow color scheme, but I respect your appreciation for it and agree that it looks a lot better without the navy and with minimal black. The details, whether minor or major or somewhere in between, aren't deal-breakers, but rather just important tweaks I think could help push them into the category of best looks in the League!

How could a team with such a good color scheme and rock-solid design foundation (90s Suns) so willingly keep hurling themselves into the oblivion?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The only good uniforms the Suns ever had:

Related image  Image result for phoenix suns walter davis

Though these were good, I honestly liked the inaugural version a lot better:

IMG_6666.PNG.bd6f1e52cd77dd742dc8cc8167cec44c.PNG 

The script then seemed more in line with the modern styles the Suns have rocked well (the lowercase "n" is a Suns must), and it worked with the "suns" wordmark of the time rather than clash with it like the Western style did.

If I had to rank Suns uniforms, they'd go:

1. Barkley shooting sun

2. Inaugural

3. Western scripted

4. Nash era

5. Current

6. Rumored new set

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived