NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

17 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

Rovell says Nike doesn't officially take over until Oct. 1. If that's the case, I don't think we are seeing any new uniforms being released for a while.

Both the Wolves and Blazers have already said they'll be unveiling their new uniforms later this summer, so perhaps there's a way for teams to show off the uniforms before the deal with Nike officially takes effect.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, tajmccall said:

Yeah, am I in the dark, or was the Suns Uniform-Remix a total surprise?  

I expected the away jersey to go back to purple...did not expect all of the additional changes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think a great idea for PHX would be to use a wordmark/number font similar to the inaugural set and have side panels that would essentially be the sunburst, leading to the ball on the bottom of the shorts.  This would be a way to keep the sunburst without screaming '90s, and keep the front of the jersey clean and simple, like most are these days.

2 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

I didn't realize the current Suns set was so hated. The heavy use of black sucks, sure. But I think they're one of the better looking teams in the league.

I'll head over to Unpopular Opinions now

The current set has actually grown on me and I think it's pretty decent.  I'd just add purple to the homes, and get rid of the butt stripe.

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The only good uniforms the Suns ever had:

Related image  Image result for phoenix suns walter davis

I would agree. Purple and orange work really well on their own and I've always loved the "sunburst" design on the shorts, but I do agree with @FinsUp1214 that the fonts could be made a bit more consistent. Something like this beauty by @mbannon92, perhaps?

4vc1Q3R.pngvSu6UXN.png

Give it a bit more of a Southwestern flair, and you'd have a look that's both classy and distinctive. 

54 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I would agree. Purple and orange work really well on their own and I've always loved the "sunburst" design on the shorts, but I do agree with @FinsUp1214 that the fonts could be made a bit more consistent. Something like this beauty by @mbannon92, perhaps?

4vc1Q3R.pngvSu6UXN.png

Give it a bit more of a Southwestern flair, and you'd have a look that's both classy and distinctive. 

I love this.  Only thing I'd tweak is a white stripe on the road instead of yellow, but this is really nice.

More often than not, I prefer block numbers.  But those block numbers don't work with that font.  Mane something more Bears=like would make sense.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

41 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

This set for retro night many years back are a bit cartoonish but still nice.

gallery_2003_throwbacks.jpg

Knee-high socks are accurate but effect negated by those long shorts.  (They almost look like skirts or skorts here.)

Yeah I was just coming to say, that throwback wasn't entirely accurate. Wordmark was a little less squat, slightly different wordmark font, and the number font is wrong. They also never wore those socks as far as I know.

IMG_6667.JPG

There was also this version with the block numbers, which was still a bit different:

IMG_6668.JPG.56b7a2cfaec817e5f9829101057b3230.JPG

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

11 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

I am not sure if this was an official version or just a fake retro, but I don't remember the old western home jersey's having purple trim and purple lettering/numbers.

I do like it though.

41Vv6vfBwlL._SY400_.jpg

I believe this was a unused mock up.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Apparently the new uniforms and apparel for next season will not feature the updated NBA logo:

IMG_5909.thumb.JPG.80d9cb6e30307befed2d48167ff703d0.JPG

https://www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2017/07/06/first-look-nbas-refreshed-logo-2017-18-season

Seems like they should've just waited a year so that the updated logo could be implemented across all applications instead of having the old logo on the uniforms and apparel for 2017.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived