NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old wordmarks vs current. I dont want to be THAT guy who complains about the way logos, fonts, courts, jerseys are going but to ME they are going down hill. someone has to agree? If you think the new wordmarks are better, that is ok. my main point is they are ALL SO BASIC. the only new one i like more is the new orleans pelicans, that is an amazing colors and it fits into new orleans culture real well. I want to do a side by side of jerseys next. LOGO DESIGN IS GETTING MORE AND MORE BASIC. times have changed. whoever told me to keep my 90s ideas in the 90s! I WILL NEVER! Long live great design!

logos.jpg

On 7/9/2017 at 9:57 AM, jmatt116 said:

Old wordmarks vs current. I dont want to be THAT guy who complains about the way logos, fonts, courts, jerseys are going but to ME they are going down hill. someone has to agree? If you think the new wordmarks are better, that is ok. my main point is they are ALL SO BASIC. the only new one i like more is the new orleans pelicans, that is an amazing colors and it fits into new orleans culture real well. I want to do a side by side of jerseys next. LOGO DESIGN IS GETTING MORE AND MORE BASIC. times have changed. whoever told me to keep my 90s ideas in the 90s! I WILL NEVER! Long live great design!

logos.jpg

You got me excited with your inclusion of the Sonics wordmark. I was all like, did they get a new wordmark? Are they coming back from the dead??

1 hour ago, jmatt116 said:

logos.jpg

giphy.jpg

I feel the Same way!!! It looks like our precious logos have just come out of drug rehab.

shado_logo.gif

5 minutes ago, duma said:

I feel like we've already gone over this several times in this thread. They're just concepts by @Max Sang, and therefore not real at all. The old wordmark for the Blazers should immediately give that away yet there are still quite a few people who've questioned whether they're real or not...

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, dont care said:

I feel the exact opposite. I think the majority of the old wordmarks are dated wonky custom fonts, then new ones look much more professional and legible at a glance. 

yes they dont look professional but they are fun. do you want the whole NBA to use times new roman, calibri, and garamond? you get professional and legible or creative and fun, you cannot have both

1 minute ago, jmatt116 said:

yes they dont look professional but they are fun. do you want the whole NBA to use times new roman, calibri, and garamond? you get professional and legible or creative and fun, you cannot have both

Sure you can. 

33 minutes ago, jmatt116 said:

You most certainly can have both, there are plenty of the new wordmarks that utilized custom/creative fonts that a more legible and professional looking as well. The wizards, Atlanta, magic, pistons (that's actually the same font just at a different angle and removing ugly exhaust pipes, the grizzlies too have a creative font as well. Their are examples in other sports too, the patriots past wordmarks had a creative use of adding their logo to a very professional script wordmark. The capitals displays the use of hockey sticks and pucks while still using a very easy to read font. Anaheim ducks use a duck foot D with their wordmark. The Carolina panthers went from a very dated scratch looking wordmark that was difficult to read to a legible font that instead has sctratches incorporated into the letter. I could keep going

1 hour ago, jmatt116 said:

"Professional" =/= TNR, Calibri and Garamond. There are more typefaces than the ones that come preloaded on a PC.

I saw a Cavs prospect/developmental player yesterday at work. He was wearing a new Nike shirt that looked very close to this concept I threw together. The shirt was black with the new wordmark and the new shield logo above it. 

Cavs Shirt.png

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived