NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

But... teams don't have to wear white at home...

They were required to wear white at home a certain number of times, while wearing alternates a lesser number of times.

Now, it sounds like it will be more like soccer with primary/clash uniforms.

Just now, Webfooter said:

Even though the naming and company speak are somewhat eyerolling, all this really means is the NBA is relaxing its uniform policy.  I can get behind this.

Sounds like they're going with more of a soccer method of uniform selection.

I'm here for these changes to home/road designations and don't really care how jargon-y they want to make it. This is a change that really does make sense for the NBA. Of the four major leagues, a proliferation of options and a breakdown of white/home color/road designations works best.

This is what the manufacturers do. They overdo it. I've got to give them credit for overdoing it in a way that kind of actually makes sense. A white NBA jersey does say "professional" to me. A colored one does say "iconic" to each team to me. 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Just now, Webfooter said:

Even though the naming and company speak are somewhat eyerolling, all this really means is the NBA is relaxing its uniform policy.  I can get behind this.

Agreed, the names are silly but I like this overall. I've long felt all sports teams should wear what they want unless it clashes with the home team. And then in that case have an alternate clash jersey like soccer does. This seems to be what the NBA is doing, and I am happy about that.

Just now, msu said:

Agreed, the names are silly but I like this overall. I've long felt all sports teams should wear what they want unless it clashes with the home team. And then in that case have an alternate clash jersey like soccer does. This seems to be what the NBA is doing, and I am happy about that.

Except with FIVE options.

6 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

This is what the manufacturers do. They overdo it. I've got to give them credit for overdoing it in a way that kind of actually makes sense. A white NBA jersey does say "professional" to me. A colored one does say "iconic" to each team to me. 

But a white jersey can be professional and iconic.  See: Celtics, Bulls. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

38 minutes ago, sharplcd said:

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 12.27.20 PM.png

Ok so based off of this, we can probably guess the Hornets uniforms, seeing how we know they are one of the classic teams:

Association: White

Icon: Teal (going off Nike's explanation, most fans know team by teal)

Athlete: Purple (just kind of a numbers game at this point)

Community: Black (I knew this one wasn't going away with Nike coming on)

Classic: 90s' Teal

Just as long as they wear the teal primarily, I'll be happy.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived