NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

9 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

League-wide shirt. Rockets had these available for CP3 day...

Speaking of the rockets...

Houston, we have a problem, our jerseys are terrible, I repeat, our jerseys are terrible. We need change it now. Can you confirm you understand that message?

4r2eer.png

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

How is this not perfect for the Suns jersey advertisement?  

Just tweek the green to purple and we're good.  :P

eab464f7-4070-42a6-a47c-db90aaccadb8_1.dec1b894956a95e5152280a16bc8d2f9.jpeg

I mean if the Suns are going to be sponsored by a crappy fruit-flavored beverage, there is only one way to go

latest?cb=20160220080159

28 minutes ago, bowld said:

Utah adding a yellow uni to the mix. Wish they would have gone purple instead.. 

Guess they will have a white, blue, green and yellow

It definitely should have been purple. There's no historical preference for wearing gold, and with the navy and forest green, I think it's gonna look ugly anyways.

Besides that, I'm really sick of navy-gold-forest green. The navy and green don't contrast well at all, and no matter how many times I try to run with it, the Jazz just aren't a "navy team" to me. If they insist on it though, I'm perfectly fine with a purple alternate to satisfy the want. I've been advocating for it for a long time.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

16 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

I mean if the Suns are going to be sponsored by a crappy fruit-flavored beverage, there is only one way to go

{image}

There's so many great (read: terrible) options.

29d086ebca950beb900a817351e74b11_medium.

It's going to be odd, but i can really see the Rockets wearing their black unis nearly every home and away game.  There's not too many uniforms it won't contrast with at away games and i'm sure it's Harden and the players favorite jersey so it will be the fave to wear at home and no one to stop them from wearing it every single home game. 

34 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

It definitely should have been purple. There's no historical preference for wearing gold, and with the navy and forest green, I think it's gonna look ugly anyways.

Besides that, I'm really sick of navy-gold-forest green. The navy and green don't contrast well at all, and no matter how many times I try to run with it, the Jazz just aren't a "navy team" to me. If they insist on it though, I'm perfectly fine with a purple alternate to satisfy the want. I've been advocating for it for a long time.

The Jazz, like every team, are dollar driven. The switch over to blue only happened because the team management received a report saying that blue sells better than purple. The note came back because it sold better than the mountains for a couple of consecutive seasons.

We can only hope that the team sold enough purple shirts during the '97 team anniversary game this year to open their minds....

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

12 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Or maybe just the jersey sponsor?

I'd love to see how the new jersey sponsor's logo looks on a new uniform :D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

48 minutes ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

The Jazz, like every team, is dollar driven. The switch over to blue only happened because the team management received a report saying that blue sells better than purple. The note came back because it sold better than the mountains for a couple of consecutive seasons.

We can only hope that the team sold enough purple shirts during the '97 team anniversary game this year to open their minds....

All very true. I've been encouraged to see a lot of purple throwback gear (of every era) every time I go to games (and I wear purple gear exclusively every time I go, myself), hopefully management sees that in the crowd too. I don't mind if a potential throwback is mountains, 80's, or even way back into the Pistol Pete days. Just so long as it's purple anything, I'm good. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

50 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

Technically yes, their color scheme is a total rip lol however by Hawks I meant Atlanta Hawks .

As a lifelong wolves fan, I'm not too happy with the color scheme, I forever wish we could go back to the roots, instead of looking similar to the Seahawks.

hardwood-classics-throwback-jerseys-hang-in-the-minnesota-locker-picture-id94023633.jpg

6 minutes ago, kg54mvp1 said:

As a lifelong wolves fan, I'm not too happy with the color scheme, I forever wish we could go back to the roots, instead of looking similar to the Seahawks.

hardwood-classics-throwback-jerseys-hang-in-the-minnesota-locker-picture-id94023633.jpg

I do agree with you there, that green would be so much better. But Nike loves neon accent colors...

5 minutes ago, kg54mvp1 said:

Well...

140414-alexander-600.jpg?itok=zLRQ5ZVr&t

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Wolves are so close, yet so far.

Just picking between their new look any any post-inaugural look, I'm leaning toward this one (with the right to take it back after seeing the uniforms).  I don't think they are going to be as bad as the Hawks (be it Atlanta or Sea-) but I do wish they'd have used a more traditional green.  My guess is the green will prevent them from truly looking great.  But the logo is far better than the two decades of "wolf head among trees with over-done font" logos.  

I do think there's a chance that the uniforms will be nice though.  I look forward to seeing them.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yeah, the one thing holding me back from really going all in on Minnesota is the neon green as well. 

Part of me really wishes they would've tried out something like a mint green:

IMG_6728.thumb.JPG.c6e04a94c603fed2cb449bb6422811b3.JPG

Maybe I'm on an island there, but I think it would've looked great with navy and/or slate blue as a trim. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived