Traditional Art Showcase Thread

ZionEagle

I was inspired to do a thread similar to @Mings awesome painting topic, so I came up with this kind of showcase. The idea is that anyone who has done drawings using traditional mediums (i.e. pencil or charcoal) can feel free to post them here. I suppose I'll start off with some of my recent works.

Little backstory: I've been drawing for as long as I can remember, but I really improved a lot this year. I've never really looked at tutorials, but I do often use photos for reference points. I do all of my sketches freehand, simply drawing what I see or what comes out of my mind. My favorite style is realism; I generally draw portraits or animal subjects.

Here are some of my pieces (The image quality might not be all that great, I promise they look better in person :P ).

hVIVUOL.png

oMl9qAh.jpg

RCZpy1a.jpg

90BpIyx.jpg

The last one is my most recent (also one of my favorites so far, but for some reason the picture lightened the eagle a bit too much). I made it to commemorate Veteran's Day.

One of my favorite things to do is take some of my old work and redraw it. The lion and the lamb as well as the horse are two examples of the redraws.

I'm going to put the old and new side by side in a spoiler so they don't take up a ton of space.

2pKG6D3.jpg

s1KDmDG.png

That's all I have for now! I encourage you all to post your art. If you don't have anything to post though, feel free to provide feedback on mine or other artist's work. Cheers :D

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Archived